Locker Room #18: Danny/Carmine: Welcome to the Insane Asylum!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

It didn't surprise me that Danny participated in the walk out, but the way it was done just destroyed the character for me. It'll take a hell of a lot for TPTB to fix the mess they created with this episode. Rewritting a character's whole backstory with one sentence is not cool.

2. Cyriusly now...

Cyriusly now... Hit and Run

My thoughts exactly.

The way they went about it made him come across like a jerk. He's kinda in the dog house for me right now. I'm hoping next week he'll be back in character.

3. jolein

jolein Pathologist

I personally don`t see what the big deal is what the cop family comment because I didn`t take it as litterly as some.
    It was just a trow away comment and I didn`t see Stella reaction as one of suprise either.
    Besides,there is never been expicitly said he was from a mob or gang background.
    It might have been impleyed and maybe some people thought it was by some comments made in some episodes but it is never said flat out.
    Who knows,maybe there were actually cops in his family and he decided that he uses them as a rolemodel.

I can understand why he would act,but the way he did it was not a lucky one.

That said,it would take a lot more for me to actually say the character is destroyed cause simply people change,wether the way they have him change is good or bad depends on people`s own opinion.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  4. louise_dk

louise_dk Dead on Arrival

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Screen Snaps as promised. This is actually the only appereance in the whole movie with Carmine...

5. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I can't believe Carmine's goofy hat made it into the movie! :lol: Thanks for the caps!

6. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Hill's wearing thin rimmed glasses and Carmine is wearing a hat so people don't think they're watching Hawkes and Danny. :p :lol:

7. louise_dk

louise_dk Dead on Arrival

This is what Eddie and Hill looks like in the movie:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Damn, Eddie always looks good! He kind of looks like Flack there with his suit and tie! :D

Those glasses don't work so well on Hill, though.

9. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Ew, it looks like Indiana Jones' hat got busy with a fedora and that was the spawn.

We should get a fangirl veto to use when he makes heinous wardrobe choices. :p

10. PepeBee

PepeBee Rookie

I recently had This is Not a Test and watched it together with my best friend. Honestly, I was bored out of my wits in that movie but hey, at least Carmine was entertaining with his goofy get-up. :lol: And, Fay, we dig the fedora, I wonder why you don't. :p I think Carmine completely pulls it off. (Just the way Hill pulls off Aretha's inauguration hat).

And on another note, Danny was wearing a Ceesau shirt when Stella came over to his place. It was a bit thrilling to notice. :p

11. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

On the subject of Danny wearing a Ceesau t-shirt and now coming from a family of cops - what does everyone think about TPTB blurring the lines of Dannys backstory with Carmines?

The Ceesau t-shirt I don't mind, like how they used one of Carmines paintings in S1 to me that stuff is fine. Danny had to be wearing something when Stella came around so why not a Ceesau t-shirt?....actually on second thought no he didn't have to be wearing anything, but thats another topic. The t-shirt and the painting don't bother me, regardless of what paintings are on the wall Danny can still very much be Danny and not Carmine.

However, lossing the glasses, the family of cops, riding a harley etc. - surely Carmine goes to work to challenge his acting skills? not that I am suggesting Carmine runs around LA with a gun collecting trace, but I would think as an actor it would be more fun to play a character whose story was far removed from your own as this would challenge you more.

12. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Blurring his backstory is the only thing which frustrated me. The rest I can kind of see as ok, the Tshirt only fans and people like us on here would get that its a Cessau shirt to thers just looks like a cool shirt. Same with painting tbh I didn't no or notice till i read on here.

The Harley I see that as more of a dream he's always had and now he's his own person no one to tell him different he has it. Tho he looks better standing next to it than riding it tbh.

Its just frustrating how they made so much of a deal about being from the wrong side of the tracks and that Mac was advised against him, surely if he was brought up with cops it would have been possibly different in the sense they would want Mac to hire him. The whole Sassone story could almost seem pointless now they bring that in, because it ruins it. I prefer him to have the rebelious side the whole i'm from a family who were watched by cops always expecting trouble.

13. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

Indeed, the line between Danny and Carmine is close to disappear. I used to love Danny, to enjoy every single appearance he made in the show, and now I'm just meh..

I don't understand why they are doing this. Or exactly who are the "they" in my sentence.

The Ceesau t-shirt really bugged me. Fair enough, not many people who watch NY know what that t-shirt meant, but that is obviously self promoting and hidden ad. This I hate the most. Shameless self promoting. In that scene it looked like Stella was talking to Carmine not Danny. Now I started to sound like a delusional fangirl that can't tell the difference.

14. tiara4carmine

tiara4carmine Police Officer

Awwwww, doesn't Carmie look cute in his hat :drool: isn't the movie worth watching if only for the boys of New York :lol:

Fay, love your avvie, Aretha's damn hat has made the rounds :lol: and Hill looks so cute in it. Wonder what Carmine would look like in it, hint hint, better than his fedora maybe. Although fedoras are quite popular here in Aus, and I'm looking into getting some myself. Bright colours of course, not poo brown, ewww. :wtf:

And just on the glasses, Hill has worn glasses on NY before, however, tortoiseshell ones don't look very nice on him.

NY still isn't on here in Aus, Miami is still the last series, Vegas is coming back tonight, but no NY at this stage. Last year when we ended, it had gone two eps into the new series, but it actually seemed the same as the last one. Hard to decipher where the last ended and the new started. :(

15. jolein

jolein Pathologist

For the love of anything can we please not call Carmine Carmie.
    Not only is it an insult to Carmine but it is also disrespectful and annoying.

Thanks for the caps,he sure looks funny:lol:
    It is nice to seem them all 3 in a movie:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.