Locker Room #18: Danny/Carmine: Welcome to the Insane Asylum!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

Oh the horror of that series. I actually managed to see two episodes, both in French, but they just didn't make any sense at all.

My dear, always choose the pub :D

2. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

I saw the parrot clip of that on youtube, it was hilarious, would have liked to have seen more.

3. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

I know, I am a fool to myself

The whole series in on there......just in German. Wouldn't mind watching it in English, it might make sense then.

4. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

The parrot clip was in English, it was complete nonsense, but I was highly amused. I've still got it bookmarked and watch it every now and then.

5. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

So how is Shasta McNasty? I never watched the show when it was on, though I still remember the promos on UPN. I thought the name was stupid, but memorable. :lol: Is it any good?

6. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

McNasty was indeed a very inspired title. If I were you, I would trust the poor unhappy souls that got to see it and stay away from it as much as human possible.

7. jolein

jolein Pathologist

Thanks for that advice:lol:

It probally sounded very promising at the time:p

8. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

9. BeautifulSong

BeautifulSong Civilian

Hi first post just dropping in because I DO know carmine and although I don't nickname (nor do I hang out with him constantly we are NOT best friends, just casually acquainted) I find this whole thing funny and so would carmine. I don't think there is anything inappropriate about nicknaming a person you don't know. And trust me hon, carmine would not have a problem with it. He would actually find it funny that people are putting him on such a high pedastol (sp) as to even make it a point to get heated about. Personally all the things that people say about the different actors on this site (NONE of whom I have met by the way, I'm not trying to come off as some hollywood insider) I'm surprised the person warned was warned for something so trivial and people actually got their panties in a bunch. Carmine is not the type that likes to be put on a pedastol. It's uncomfortable for him. So adoration is nice but he likes to feel like a real person not a worshipped thing.

No I can't give you a ton of proof that I know him because private pics are just that PRIVATE (get your mind out of the gutter I don't have THOSE kinds of pics, as I've said before I don't know him in that way). So believe me or not just go with your gut instinct and remember he's a regular guy and not some holy statue.

Case In Point. I originally got this account I don't know how long ago specifically to post something to bust his balls and have him read it. I couldn't figure out something funny enough that didn't have too many inside jokes as to have people scratching their heads and wondering what's up with the weird post. So I've never posted and probably won't again. But I do read the board from time to time and just HAD to comment on this silliness. Take care and God Bless.

P.S. Carmine took it in perfect stride when I kept slipping up and calling him Carmen when I first got to know him. He didn't get all bent out of shape and neither should you.

10. jolein

jolein Pathologist

BeautifulSong,
    Thank you kindly for your response but I do think you are missing the point here.
    I do believe you when you say he wouldn`t mind but the point is that most people who post here don`t know him personally and there for it is inappropriate to give him a nickname or shorten his name.
    It is called respect to someone.
    I doubt that anyone here puts him on a pedestal or holy statue either.
    Most of us respect the guy for what he does and yes,sometimes are very shallow but all in good fun and with respect.

Miss Blue,that is evil but funny:lol:

11. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

I wasn't going to post on this, as it's really none of my business, but have found myself thinking of this a few times since it happened. The girl who originally posted "Carmie" is Australian and she did point out that this was normal practice where she comes from. Every Australian that came to train with my company called me "Frannie" which I hated with a passion, but I didn't say anything as it was done in an endearing way and is just part of their culture.

It is of course acceptable to say that as this is a US site, we should all adhere to US values while we're here. I thought it was (unintentionally, of course) culturally insensive to suggest it was silly, childish or juvenile, when it is something even a 90 year old Aussie would do. Being a middle-aged British woman, I find it weird that we all call the actors, who we don't know, by their first name, rather than give them their full title. It seems overpersonal, but I'm starting to get used to it. Of course younger people here are no longer so old-fashioned and will find it normal practice.

No offence meant to anyone, I do find it facinating how different people from different cultures view things and how each culture can take differing conclusions when watching the same scenes in this or any other programme. That's why the blue flu discussion was so interesting to me.

12. jolein

jolein Pathologist

Maybe it is a cultural saying but if it gets to the point were it is annoying and people have asked to stop it,then it has nothing to do with culture.
    And that is what happend in this case with the nickname.

But I`ll leave it to the mods to step in futher before it gets out of hand and that is not what this discussion thread is about.

So,to get back on topic.
    What is a role you would love to see him in,movie,serie or theatre.

Personally,I would like to see him a theatre role or as a musical fan a musical role.
    Maybe something like Rent.

13. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

Not sure, I've never really thought about it, it's the character Danny that interested me rather than the actor. The only other thing I've seen him in that I liked was the film 'In Enemy Hands' and he had the same qualities in that, sensitive and insecure. In this show I prefer him being a cop, with Flack, so maybe more of a police procedural, though I'm sure he wouldn't want to be typecast and would probably avoid a similar show.

14. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

It's not about putting Carmine on a pedestal, it's about maintaining some decorum here. And the official warning comment stemmed from tiara's comment to jolein, not her use of the silly nickname.

Can we drop the issue now? Thanks.

Back on topic...

So what was so bad about Shasta McNasty?

15. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

It's not so bad, I have managed to download a couple of episodes (in English this time) and I quite like it. The humour is somewhat juvenille and laddish but thats fine with me :lol:.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.