Locker Room #15: Single White Male--We Can Fix That

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Search Party" does sound fun, but sadly that was pre-CDG crush time for me and I don't think that show is available through re-runs or DVD or anything like that. Might be a "you snooze, you lose" kind of thing, like "Shasta."

^ :eek: I nearly had a heart attack. I jumped straight to the first unread post in here, read your's Orison, without having read what went before and mistook it to mean 'I thought it was another fan project'. I have to tell you, the horror and dismay I felt ... :lol: :lol:

MrsGiovinazzo said:
"Search Party" does sound fun, but sadly that was pre-CDG crush time for me and I don't think that show is available through re-runs or DVD or anything like that. Might be a "you snooze, you lose" kind of thing, like "Shasta."
Oh, I wouldn't doubt it was a "blink and you miss it" kind of show. I'm guessing it was back in the day where Carmine was just looking for a job -- any job, and flying to Aruba to perhaps run across wobbling stones in a pond as he carries giant puzzle pieces to put together for his team counted. :rolleyes:

It just amused me when I read it and was curious if anyone had heard of the show.

crankyjules said:
I nearly had a heart attack. I jumped straight to the first unread post in here, read your's Orison, without having read what went before and mistook it to mean 'I thought it was another fan project'. I have to tell you, the horror and dismay I felt ...
...Haha. :lol: No, oh god, no, not another project. I was slow enough to get three letters done for the other one MrsG put together, and I rarely participate in any fan projects (in fact, the letters being the first one), so there would be no organization of one on my part.

SimplyBlue said:
Please tell me someone knows a little something about this...

"Celebrity guests and E! network viewers travel to exotic beach resort locations and team up to compete in crazy athletic events and off-the-wall scavenger hunts." -- From IMDB.com on the show 'Search Party'

Apparently Mr. Giovinazzo was in Aruba for the episode and I had the weird picture this show was a hidieous cross between The Amazing Race, Survivor, and Nickelodeon's Double Dare. It amused me. :lol: :p

It also amused me that AJ Buckley was apart of two episodes for Jamaica, but that's another story.

But really, I was just curious if anyone knew what kind of 'reality show' it was, or what kind of crazy athletic events and off-the-wall scavenger hunts it entailed.

Here's a link to the episode recap:
Search Party recap

Gee, I wonder why it's not still on the air; cuz there's some quality entertainment. :rolleyes:

Aww that sounded like alot of fun - I think!!
I did actually think it was something new in the pipeline and I was very excited for it!
If it was done when Carmine was in Shasta does that mean another bad hairstyle?

Lmao. I love you, Perfect. I had a feeling the show was something totally ridiculous and something that Carmine should probably never claim except when looking to tell a funny story after kicking back a couple of drinks.

But I can't help but get the feeling that Carmine's a wee bit of a competitive fella after reading that recap. :lol: :rolleyes:

Though you're right, I have no idea why the show didn't last. :p

crankyjules said:
^ :eek: I nearly had a heart attack. I jumped straight to the first unread post in here, read your's Orison, without having read what went before and mistook it to mean 'I thought it was another fan project'. I have to tell you, the horror and dismay I felt ... :lol: :lol:
Dude's not getting another fan project from me until he starts putting out. :lol: Kidding. I do think I've reached my limit though.

"Search Party" and "Shasta" are definitely a couple past projects of his I'd like to see. Also high on my list is a short called "Conception" that screened at the San Francisco Gay & Lesbian Film Festival many years back. Perhaps there's hope for Flack after all. :lol:

Conception? That sounds interesting MrsG! Is it like a short film or something?
I wonder if there is any film or promotion he has done that he kinda looks back on and regrets or he sees it all as a learning tool??

MrsGiovinazzo said:
Dude's not getting another fan project from me until he starts putting out. :lol: Kidding. I do think I've reached my limit though.
/*crankyjules highfives MrsG. You're not kidding. Ditto on that one. (ahem - I mean 'you're not kidding on the second sentence not the first LOL!!)

"Search Party" and "Shasta" are definitely a couple past projects of his I'd like to see. Also high on my list is a short called "Conception" that screened at the San Francisco Gay & Lesbian Film Festival many years back. Perhaps there's hope for Flack after all. :lol:
Yes, that's one I'd be interested in seeing myself. :D

Here's a drool smiley for those who want to grab it, as this IS the drool thread.
smiley-drool.gif

You. Brought. The. Hat.

And now you shall be punished for springing that thing on me when I was unprepared--the hat with the turtleneck, no less!!! :lol:

*goes to sob in the corner* ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back