Lindsay Love Thread

My favourite character is still Mac Taylor.
But for second...I don't know. It's pretty much a tie between Stella, Danny, Lindsay and Flack...I guess I'll need another season to figure that out. Last year my second fav was Stella, with Hawkes and Flack coming in third...but then Lindsay was added, and I began to like Danny more and I liked Hawkes less...it all changes! So I can't say anything for now other than that Mac is my favourite.

cfar said:
Oops...didn't mean to start a favorites listing...

Topic...topic...hmmm...

OK, what was your favorite Lindsay moment and why?

AND

What is one thing you want to see next season with Lindsay?

I think maybe my favorite Lindsay moment had to be the scene between her and the father from Montana. I just felt a sense of empathy and understanding on the part of Lindsay. I hope next season they bring more of this out in her character. :)

Happy B-Day-Kat :D

Welcome newbies! :)

It was such a sad scene, and so subtle. Anna did it really well. My problem was that it didn't really answer anything, at least concretely.

That's true, at first i was kind of confused why the Scene took place, but it added a good part to the show, and Lindsay's character, so, it made sense in the end. :)

See, I just don't think all the questions have to be answered...you don't get that in life. I have no problems with my dad, but he doesn't really talk on the phone much, so when I talk to my mom, the conversation often ends with something along the lines of "tell Daddy I love him." It's entirely possible that there was nothing deeper there for Lindsay. Not everything Lindsay says or does has to be about her...actually, it would be really annoying if it were. I thought the scene was just about her empathy, about her connecting to this girl and her father, being understanding toward this man who just lost a daughter he hadn't spoken to in a year. I don't think it has to be about more than that.

pizzapie said:
It was such a sad scene, and so subtle. Anna did it really well. My problem was that it didn't really answer anything, at least concretely.

In that scene we had to do a lot of guessing and inferencing. It seems as though the writers are building on her backstory with several different situations (or maybe they aren't--maybe it's just more about reading too much into something)...the bloody scene in "Manhattan Manhunt" and various scenes in "Stealing Home" just to name a few.

It will be interesting to go back and look at those episodes once her backstory is revealed and see how many hints were dropped about her past.

Gotta love her! ;)

^You first have to upload it to something like photobucket, then you can put the URL into your profile.

I guess part of my frustration is simply that we have really no concrete evidence of Lindsay's backstory, besides the fact she's from Montana. I don't want all of it revealed at once, but I think she deserved to have at least one concrete piece of evidence this season, and she didn't. All of the other characters have something concrete that gives an insight into their background (revealed in S1), and Lindsay deserved to be able to get caught up. I think part of the problem may have the lack of February sweeps episodes.

Back