LIMS Round 3:The Ultimate Test of Creativity-LIMS Winner Up!

Re: LIMS Round 3: The Ultimate Test of Creativity

Yup, softcake that's just fine :) Text layers and brush layers for programs like that are allowed ^^

ok. well this si going to be difficult. maybe next time we could have an easy challenge :D
*hands over cookies* its not a bribe i swear

Wow. I'm scared of this one. :) I'll have to wait and see what I can come up with...

Just to make sure I get things right: if I can do colour balance etc. straight from the menu in Photoshop, without adding a new layer, it is allowed? Enhancing the contrast, too? And I suppose slapping part of a texture on it counts as a new layer? What about brushes? Sorry if I'm being anal. ;)

Oh fo_poozle how can I resist cookies? :p I was going to give you an easier one anywho :p *takes cookies and runs*

atfm, I'm not sure if you were registered for the LIMS in the beginning or not :( Did you sign up for them beforehand?

Darde, it's all a game, you see :lol: :p Nah, I know I'm being mean. But next challenge will be easy, promise :D

I can't wait to see everyone's work! I'm actually voting this round. :)

quoth_the_raven said:

atfm, I'm not sure if you were registered for the LIMS in the beginning or not :( Did you sign up for them beforehand?

Ooh, I didn't realise you had to be registered, I just came across the last page of this thread by accident. Never mind then. :)

so i've sent it. quoth, did i mentioned that you're evil? no layers????

lol

but somehow, i don't really know how, i've made it. didn't take me a lot of time either, actually. can't wait to see the rest of them.

Okay, I made a whole bunch, and I've narrowed my choices down to three... But I can't decide which is best :( I have a feeling this may be my last round...

I'm going to post the voting before it gets too too late here because I may pass out from exhaustion if I post them when I usually do :lol: :p

Challenge #3- Louise Lombard- VOTING

~ Hormiga, Chez, speech_cochrane, Elsie and softcake are using their free passes for this round.

- Vote for top 3 of least quality. Include a valid reason for each vote, otherwise it won't be counted.
- Any member of this board may vote.
- The makers of the icons with the top 2 number of votes will be eliminated.

Examples of good reasons:
50: The text is oddly placed
68: The colouring is overpowering
72: The icon is oversharpened
56: The icon is too blurry

Examples of bad reasons:
50: I hate the colour pink. (Personal Preference)
78: The tiny text/decorative brush is unreadable. (Because they’re supposed to be that way.)

Please note when voting that all of these icons were made with the use of only ONE layer.

You guys really impressed me, here are the pretties :D

lims3-1.png
lims3-2.png
lims3-3.jpg
lims3-4.png
lims3-5.png
lims3-6.jpg
lims3-7.jpg
lims3-8.jpg
lims3-9.jpg
lims3-10.png
lims3-11.jpg
lims3-12.jpg

Important!- PM me immediately if you don't see your icon

It was hard to choose!

3 - Too much contrast
1 - Odd cropping, her face is unclear
11 - Her face appears to be a bit blurry

5 - the picture is too dark and the contrast is a bit odd
11 - the picture is a bit blurry
9 - the lighting is too focussed on her face and as a result the picture is somewhat unclear

They were all so great, and it was really hard to choose!

5 - The picture is too dark and the "Halo" of light around her is distracting.

9 - overlit, and in turn making it a bit blurry

3 - Too much contrast, making the picture dark and blurry

Great job, everyone! It was extra hard to choose esp because LL is my favorite from LV :p

Back