LIMS Round 3:The Ultimate Test of Creativity-LIMS Winner Up!

Re: LIMS Round 3: The Ultimate Test of Creativity

Great job guys! Your icons were all fantastic! You guys did great, BG and csi_mania, hope to see you next time. Maybe by the time a new round is up I'll know how to use photoshop. :lol:
Can't wait to see the next round of icons!

Great job everyone! Sorry to see you go, Bullet_Girl and csi_mania

I can't believe I'm still in!

csi_mania and Bullet_Girl, y'all did a fantastic job despite not being back for the next challenge. Feel proud to have gotten this far. :D

Ashley! Congrats on getting You Wowed Quoth! :D (Haha, I still love that. You Wowed Quoth. Makes me smile every time, lol.) Your icon was actually my favorite out of all of them. :)

I want to mirror Megan's sentiments as well. I can't believe I'm still in this. :eek: I thought for sure it was the boot for me. Can't wait until the next challenge!

Congrats Ashley, yours is lovely. :)

Sorry to see you go csi_mania and Bullet_Girl, it's certainly a tough competition! I hope you enjoyed your time and will continue to vote in the future rounds. :)

Oh, too bad B_G and csi_mania have to go. :(

And...fo_poozle, you wowed quoth! That's an honour! :D

Oh hi dear!
I'm glad to see you in here!
Introduce yourself in the right forum, and then come join the Icon-World!! :D
I hope to see you in the next LIMS round too ;)

sorry to see you go csi_mania and bullet_girl your icons were great and hopefully you'll join next round too :D
and wow, ok thats surprising thanks, i wasn't expecting that, thanks so much!

You're very welcome, Ashley! :D You wowed me, so it was the least I could do :p

New challenge before bed! :D Can I get a hooha? :p

Challenge #3- Louise Lombard

Jorja and Marg were first so it only comes naturally that Louise was to join the two! :D

RULES
- Your entry must not exceed 100x100px or 40kb and must be in jpg, png or gif format.
- Please don't post your icon anywhere else until this challenge is over.
- To submit your entry, PM me quoth_the_raven with both the image and the URL if possible.
- When submitting your entry, please label it LIMS Challenge #3 or something like it.
- You may only use the pics provided below to make your icon.
- Animations are not allowed.
- Please keep in mind that you are only entering one icon
- The challenge will close Saturday March 31st

Here comes the fun :p This may be the hardest challenge yet.

RESTRICTIONS
The following is prohibited from being used in this challenge:

- ANIMATIONS
- YOU CAN ONLY USE ONE LAYER.

That's right, you heard me. No duplicating layers for color adjustments, no levels layer adjustments, no curves, no screen layers. All one layer. Text layers are fine for fonts, but no adjustive layers. You crop your image and that base you see on your screen is the base you will use. The only copy :p

You may still use selective coloring such as levels, curves and color balance so long as you do not add a new layer! So no color adjustments layers added onto it.

This is perhaps the primitive icon-making challenge but I'm interested in what you will all cook up :devil: Don't be afraid to be creative! It's what this competition is about.

She has a nice tan :p

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/7Raven7/LIMS/louiselims1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/7Raven7/LIMS/louiselims2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/7Raven7/LIMS/louiselims3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/7Raven7/LIMS/louiselims4.jpg

If you guys have questions, feel free to post them here or PM me. Good luck! :D

QUOTH! You are in serious trouble!:lol: you just HAD to do Louise Lombard NOW, didn't you? Shes the reason I watch LV! :D :p oh well, I can always snag these purdy pics :devil: and yeah, you're right, she does have a lovely tan :p

:D I love Louise! And what great pictures! *runs off to start*

Oh I love those. And this really is a challenge for me. Unfortunately, I have a test week so I might consider using my free pass.

By the way, goodbye Deniz & BG. Your icons were fab and I'll miss you!

Just one layer! :eek: Oh, I'll be having a hard time. Again :D
I don't know how this works with other programs, but with Gimp it is necessary to add a new layer for text and/or brushes. Am I allowed to add a new plain layer to put text or a brush into it? Are brushes allowed?

Back