LIMS #5: Final Results Now Up!

Re: LIMS #5: ~Comeback Challenge~ Voting Open!

8- I really like the coloring of this, it makes the icon really clear
2- The brush really fits well here, and it made me smile :)
3- I like the close crop and the brushes work nicely

8 votes so far. Not Enough!. Please don't make me beg. It's not nice.

:scream: Arrgh, this is now my THIRD try to vote, the board keeps me kicking out *kicks back*

So, just a fast voting from my side *crosses fingers that it'll work this time*

A little tip to all three icon makers - just as everyone else already stated: play around a bit with contrast, lights and coloring (perhaps) and your great icons will become perfect soon :)

Now: it was a tough decision to choose only three, everyone did a great job on their second chance for this challenge *two thumbs up* :)

Last edited:

*takes cookie*

Oh, nice, this time I don't have to give reasons to vote anyone out ;) Great!

And although I wouldn't have made it any better than you did, and while my icon general knowlege isn't beyond average, I still feel I should comment on the icons I pick. So sorry if I mess up the names of something or say anything that makes no sense :lol:

04. Good and eye-catching colouring. Nice mirror effect. If to work on anything, I think the text could use some work, because as it is, it looks a bit faded, and therefore hard to read.

02. I like the cropping, not too far, not too close. The brush is nice. It's simple yet effective. I think the icon could make use of some colouring work, maybe more contrast or making it brighter, I don't really know.

06. I think the blue colouring is pretty. Looking at the icon, I feel that the xxx brush wasn't necessary, so perhaps leaving it out wouldn't hurt, and it would ensure people would focus on Flack more.

Good work and good luck everyone! :bolian:

06 - this is the only icon-maker that was creative with the coloring. risky move, but the result works for me.
02 - i love the brush.
05 - icon as a whole looks completed and all its pieces go together.

Yeah, me again :lol:

I've decided that three people will be let back into the LIMS. The two icons with the most votes, plus a mod's choice. Unless the second place icon is a tie, then I'll just go with the top three votes.

Voting will close around 2:30 am Tuesday night/Wednesday morning GMT

More votes always welcome :D

I just got back from London...I thought I might miss the voting!....

5: I like how the cap is 'cut off' which makes it stand out from the others.

4: I adore the mirror effect!

7: I love the heart ;)

Re: LIMS #5: ~Comeback Challenge~ Results

Comeback Challenge Results!

To everyone who entered: You all did a wonderful job! I'd let you all back in, but that would be kind of pointless :p I hope to see you all back for the next LIMS :)

Our Winners:
Flack04.png
by dstined4gr8ness
Flack02.gif
by nattybatty55

And Mod's Choice goes to:
Flack08.png
by liten

Congrats ladies! Your names will be returned to the participants list :)

Next round will be up in the next few days.

Last edited:

Thanks guys :D I'm glad I got another chance after I got eliinated because my I lost my internet :lol:

congrats and welcome back dstined4gr8ness, nattybatty55 and liten!!

Back