"Let It Bleed" Discussion *SPOILERS*

First question I asked while watching, why does Riley get to carry a gun when she's only a Level 2?
Yeah, that's a good question. I mean Greg still doesn't carry gun.
Well Riley mentioned "Back in St. Louis" so maybe there she was able to carry a gun and it carried over to her current job, many states have different rules, and if it did carry over then I am sure she had to pass a test to be approved (reminder nick had to qualify). Lets remember in last weeks ep she was well not surprised but did ask about a gun.

As to Greg not carrying one, it could be preference. He could be qualified and just decided not to. Also it could be that with Warricks death he is holding off until he is sure what he wants to do, so much violence (him, warrick, etc) in such a little time frame he might just be waiting.

Okay, WHAT was Nick wearing in the lab when they were pulling the girl out of the dumpster? :wtf: I thought it was a fireman's outfit at first.

That confused me at first too. But I figured since he was working with glass, maybe it's a special suit that protects you from glass shards? I could be completely off of course.

Riley wasn't issued a gun when she came into the lab, and she asked, "No gun?" and they said no. So apparently she can't carry one in LV as a Level 2.

Yeah, I wondered about the glass, but why the reflective strips? Weird. I was like, please let that be some kind of coverall and not his sweater. :lol:

Riley wasn't issued a gun when she came into the lab, and she asked, "No gun?" and they said no. So apparently she can't carry one in LV as a Level 2.
Wasn't issued then, but was issued one between now and then, I had a theory a couple posts up as to why. :)

Some highlights/lowlights:
* grumpy/droopy Grissom is highly annoying
* Loved the Wendy/Doc interaction
* Greg's still in recurring role mode and relegated to meaningless parts of investigations.
* Vartann's still here! Wow, two episodes in a row. Does that mean he'll be around for a while this time?
* loved the Cath/Lindsey parts - not too overwhelming for the storyline, but enough to be relevant to the story.
* Hodges & Cath: "Go"..."fish" LOL

My full review/summary can be found here

I really liked this episode. I felt like it lasted forever. It serisously felt as if it was a two parter:confused:. Anyways, I really enjoyed the way the ended it. They usually don't end it with the beginning of new crimes. and the music was good too. :thumbsup:

I was glad that Catherine caught a break for once. Lindsay was actually acting her age by excepting her consequences. Maybe they are setting her up for a more mature, less sophmoric role.:hugegrin: The Cath and Lindsay scenes were really good. I enjoyed the two of them together.

I also noticed the funky fir fighter looking suit that Nick had on. It had the neon yellow strips on it which also matches up with a fire fighter suit. I figureed it was just hazmat meets the bio suit they always wear.

Liking Riley, but as I feared, is getting more time then Greg and Catherine. I wish they would learn to focus on the old be fore the new, but that is an entirely different rant all together.:shifty:

Nick chasing the guy was ridiculous. I was surprised Grissom, Brass, or Ecklie didn't scold him a tad bit more than he was.:wtf:

Not enough Greg, but what we got was pretty good I think.

Grissom was...Grissom. Same ol' Grissom. Not that it's bad, but just nothing that really jumped out at me.:eek:

The Wendy/Doc scene was funny too. They both assumed the other botched the results when in acctuality, the boneheads attempted to Frankenstein the poor girl.

If it's one thing that I learned from this episode, it's that you never, eer, under any circumstances mess with a drug dealers daughter. Shoot...

Wasn't issued then, but was issued one between now and then, I had a theory a couple posts up as to why. :)

Ah, I get you! :) It would be good to know the policy. Or maybe, like working solo, it's up to the supervisor.

Plus TPTB have also been playing catch-up with time again. She very easily could have passed her proficiency as a CSI level 2 (Gris said it was her proficiency at the bus bench) and a firearms test since the last time we saw her. We've had 4 months in 4 episodes. For Warrick takes place in June right after For Gedda and Let it Bleed takes place right before Halloween.

I'm getting tired of moody Grissom. He goes to the initial crime scene, he seems to attend the autopsy, but after that he seems to sit around in his office. :( I want him to do some actual science like he used to! It's making me happy for 5 straight new eps. We'll get out of the first 10 faster! At least Catherine while she aludes to Warrick and her problems in dealing with his death seems to function at a normal level.

Susan

Ah, I get you! :) It would be good to know the policy. Or maybe, like working solo, it's up to the supervisor.

Plus TPTB have also been playing catch-up with time again. She very easily could have passed her proficiency as a CSI level 2 (Gris said it was her proficiency at the bus bench) and a firearms test since the last time we saw her. We've had 4 months in 4 episodes. For Warrick takes place in June right after For Gedda and Let it Bleed takes place right before Halloween.

I'm getting tired of moody Grissom. He goes to the initial crime scene, he seems to attend the autopsy, but after that he seems to sit around in his office. :( I want him to do some actual science like he used to! It's making me happy for 5 straight new eps. We'll get out of the first 10 faster! At least Catherine while she aludes to Warrick and her problems in dealing with his death seems to function at a normal level.

Susan

Yeah I know. I can't watch this anymore. It's painful. I'm ready to stop watching the show over this. All I can think of is "Oh my god do I have watch five more of these shows of Grissom wallowing in self-pity."

At least Nick makes emotional watchable and enoyable. Grissom-it's so out of characters that it's not believable.

Grissom never been one to garner a lot of emotion from me and now they want to shove his moodiness down my throat. He was the analytical character not the emotional one.

Just like I can't handle Nick (Bobby McFerrin) Stokes:

If my best friend is shot to death
And I'm buried alive
Don't worry, Be happy

Last edited:
A nice solid episode but nothing spectacular. Everyone was fairly well represented with screen time and, imo, New Girl fit in seamlessly. She did her job with no long monologues about her past or odd jokes. I'm glad we're not going to get a multi episode arc of "hearing Riley's whole life story".

Nick's "understood" comment to Gil's chastisement was interesting. He didn't actually apologize for his gung-ho behavior, he simply acknowledged that it was reckless. Hmm.

I thought the scene where Hodges invited Grissom to the lecture was wonderful. "Are you asking me out on a date?!?" Hee!!

I loved the interrogation scene with Brass, Nick and Wunderlick. George and Paul work really well together and Brass can say so much with nothing more than a bland expression and a lifted eyebrow.

The whole Cath finding Lindsey in the club thing was far less of an angst laden drama-fest than I was expecting it to be. How very refreshing. And I know its not the same actress but does young Lindsey bear a vague resemblance to Ellie Brass? Am I the only one who thought so?

As for the final montage? Wow. Daddy the Drug Lord is seriously hard-core. I knew that the club owner, the two bozos from the fish place and the sister/aunt were all on borrowed time but I was really surprised to see the blond friend among the victims.

Oh, and the thing where the blood didn't separate from the serum? They did that in the S5 episode Crows Feet and I believe the reason was hydrogen peroxide. The Continuity Fairy missed a major opportunity by not making mention of that little tidbit. Gil or Doc Robbins could have said something about the last time they saw this happen was in a case Nick and Catherine worked a few years ago, etc. Just one little throw away comment would've made me happy.

I don't think Level has anything to do with it because it wouldn't be logical to say that CSIs at Level 1 or 2 are in any less need of protection than Level 3s. IMHO, that would be somewhat discriminatory. They may not work solo the way Level 3s do but as we all know, $h*t happens. Just ask Holly Gribbs from the Pilot. She was a CSI Level 1 and she was carrying a gun.

My speculation is that they don't hand out guns to newbies until they qualify at the range. Just because she was cleared to carry back at her old job doesn't mean that the LVPD is going to assume she knows what she's doing. I figure there are procedures that need to be followed and they're going to want to see for themselves that she's capable and qualified.

And we all saw how Riley likes to joke. She may have just been tweaking the person who handed her all that stuff. She may not have actually wanted a gun but was simply pulling they're leg by making it look like she was all eager to get her hands on a firearm.

Last edited:
But in this episode Riley did have a gun...so I believe it comes down to choice.

I did like the episode, the motives and plots of both cases were a bit far fetched but entertaining just the same.

I am liking Riley more and more, but I really don't care to see her more than the others (as someone stated earlier).

Lindsey surprised me, Catherine has raised one smart kid! She's not the spoiled brat she once was or is it all an act?

The scene between Cath and Gil was nice to see for a change. Of course we had to have our Sara reference (unnecessarily as it was) but I am pleased that he does not know where she is. Makes me look forward to the next episode even more.

Greg, I was pleased with the amount of screentime he got, although I always want more!! I realy like to see he and Riley work together, they seem to mesh well.

As for Grissom, ok the poor man lost his girl (twice), and had his fave CSI die in his arms and I get that he is still reeling from that. But I am already bored with this moody, and depressed version of Grissom. Why is he the only one allowed to continue grieving?

Nick's chase was one of the most exciting parts of this episode, the man has issues though. He needs to tone it down before he dies a hero. Guess we'll never see that scene where he's supposed to see Warrick? Too bad.

As for the last haunting scene well not so much. Shocking perhaps, everybody dies (even the girls Aunt!).

Last edited:
But in this episode Riley did have a gun...so I believe it comes down to choice.
Agreed. What level a CSI is doesn't factor into it. To my mind, this means that between last week and this week, Riley chose to go the range and qualify so that she can carry a gun. It's just one of those things that happens off camera when we're not watching.

Sorta like Nick mourning the loss of his best friend. *snerk*

I just can't wait until episode eleven........Grissom,Catherine and poor Greg seem to just not be able to move past the grief...and Nick is all smiles and jokes...I'm confused, wasn't Nick Warrick's best friend....I seriously need to go back and watch the other season episodes again.....but next week looks a little bit more upbeat (sarcasm dripping from lips).....Great chase scene Nick but what happened to the sound?????

Back