"Let It Bleed" Discussion *SPOILERS*

I have to say that last week I liked Riley better. This week she seemed very stiff and didn't seem to blend in well with the others.

That last scene was so not haunting. :rolleyes:

Overall - it was a good epiosde. I wouldn't call it great....but at least I wasn't bored. :)

Alright people, I'm going to have to interject here with all this picking on Nick. :)

Lets remember that everyone grieves differently. Having said that, he was Warrick's best friend and I'm sure he knows that Warrick wouldn't want him, or anyone else, dwelling on his death. Celebrate his life. I think Nick is grieving, we just aren't seeing it and him recklessly chasing that guy and getting shot at, proves he is grieving. I think Warrick's death has made him even more determined to get the bad buy.

Also, these people are at work, you can't just be depressed all the time (well maybe Grissom can) and breaking down. When you're at work you have to leave personal issues at home. Nick is a professional guy and he's just doing his job.

Besides if the writers wrote him grieving, he would be grieving.

Sorry Destiny, had to get that off my chest.

Now, I really think Nick and Brass need to work together all the time. They are great together.

My jury is still out on Riley. I think I just need to get used to her, but I could see her fitting in.

Though the last seen wasn't haunting, I did like the way they ended the show, with everyone involved with the daughter was killed. I couldn't figure out why her best friend was killed, but I'm going to guess it was because she hooked up with a guy and left her friend alone. The father probably figures that if her best friend stayed then his daughter will still be alive.

So the father killed everyone he felt was responsible for his daughter's death. Hey, that's what happens when you mess with the mob. :lol:

I was slightly confused. I was expecting Cath to blow up a hell of a lot more than she actually did. Although it was nice to see that Lindsey has matured fairly well. And was I the only one who laughed when she produced the breath test results?? That kid is turning out to be one smart cookie!

Still not 100% sure about Riley. Like some other people I'm not really liking the fact that she seems to be getting more screen time than Greg and Cath... but maybe I;m just biased towards our old faves...

And what is it with Nick going all gunge ho on us??? Is that his way of coping with Warrick's death, to put himself in situations where he could potentially join his best bud????

Loved the G/C scene, but not the unecessary Sara ref... and Griss saying he has no idea where she is?? Could there be trouble in paradise? Also, is he losing his hearing again? Maybe that's why he leaves? Because it's going again and there's nothing that can be done this time?

And Hodges asking Grissom out?? WTF! Made me chuckle a lot, as did the scene with Doc and Wendy. Bless em, neither of them wanted to suggest they might've contaminated the sample hehe.

I thought the last scene was supposed to be 'haunting'?? It's was slightly creepy, but didn't 'haunt' me.

Overall, it was a pretty decent eppy. Bring on 'Leave Out All The Rest'!!!! Can't wait for the return of Lady Heather!!! I'm prob far too over excited about it lol!!!

Anyhoo, time to go get ready for my Halloween house party!!

CSIL3Willows
-x-

Also, is he losing his hearing again? Maybe that's why he leaves? Because it's going again and there's nothing that can be done this time?

And Hodges asking Grissom out?? WTF! Made me chuckle a lot,

IMO I don't think Grissom is losing his hearing again, that scene was just to show a lack of concentration and focus on his part because of his recent losses. He's not coping with it very well, and will lead to his departure.

As for Hodges, I wonder about him sometimes. He has a serious man-crush on Grissom! ;)

IMO I don't think Grissom is losing his hearing again, that scene was just to show a lack of concentration and focus on his part because of his recent losses. He's not coping with it very well, and will lead to his departure.
Agreed. While it did bear a striking resemblance to the whole Grissom is losing his hearing scenes from S3, I think this was just a case of Gil totally tuned out and not paying attention.

As for Hodges, I wonder about him sometimes. He has a serious man-crush on Grissom! ;)
Totally! I'm very curious to see how he copes with Grissom's departure. Hopefully, the writers let Wally Langham run with it.

Dear CSI,

I have been fooled by your promos for the last time. This week, you promised me a final scene that would "haunt" me.

What it did was make me wonder if I weren't a budding narcoleptic. "Let It Bleed" was a ponderous, rambling, disjointed episode that bored me to the verge of teeth-gnashing irritation. Perhaps you were attempting to have reality mirror the internal landscape of the characters, who are clearly still grappling with the ripple effects of Warrick's death, and if so, I give you tremendous kudos for hubris and moxie, but frankly, it makes for terrible TV. Aside from three minutes at the beginning when I was distracted by a rogue Oreo on the lam from my clutching fingers, I was attentive. I still had no idea what the hell was going on or why I should care.

Why should I give a damn about a spoiled cocaine princess who stuck her nose over the wrong dune of white powder and paid for it? Drug czar dauphine or not, I'm sure she had to sit through the same mind-numbing DARE lecture as the common booger miners, and at nineteen, she was certainly old enough to know that drugs were dangerous. She should also have known better than to snort an unknown substance like Horton getting a snootful of Who snoodge. She made a stupid choice. She paid for it. The end.

The only people I felt sorry for were the drug dauphine's aunt and best friend, whose only crime was to know her. The aunt gets shot because Daddy's girl gave her the slip? Newsflash, Pop: Maybe if you weren't a drug kingpin tossing cocaine around like table salt, your little snookums would never have come to see Bolivian snow as a party favor on par with a handful of Chex mix.

The friend gets shot because she left the club without her? Well, maybe if your woobums hadn't been so busy trying to find a finger for her love glove, she wouldn't have been flying solo. But of course neither of you are going to take responsibility for your foolish decisions, so everyone else has to pay.

I will concede, however, that I shed no tears over the removal of Mr. Hess and the two aquarium shop workers from the gene pool, as I often think such gross and willful stupidity should be punishable by use of a heavy mahogany cudgel wielded by very skilled and angry cricket players.

I assume I was supposed to be shocked by the fact that Daddy Drug Czar killed five people in one night. What I was was amazed that he managed to commit such violent crimes at four different crime scenes in such a short time and without being caught. Was he secretly a biliwig-smuggling wizard from HPverse, Apparating hither and yon to find his vengeance? Who gives a damn?

Speaking of WTF, shouldn't Lindsay be nineteen by now and therefore beyond the reach of Catherine's obnoxious mother-fu? I thought she was seventeen two seasons ago, when she was abducted by some nutbar on a quest to destroy Sam Braun? Or was it three seasons ago, in which case, she'd be twenty?

Either way, I don't care.

If my CW affiliate didn't emit high-pitched squeals akin to a gerbil imitating Rob Halford through its tiny, puckered asshole, I would've watched Supernatural instead.

F-, and the last miserable, disengaged hour I spend on this fading show.

My friend and myself thought this was a excellent episode, from start to finish it left on wondering what was happening, Nick as always was incredible and Greg and Doc, & of course Brass:thumbsup: Grissom losing his barings, he's had such a hugh shock, and not paying attention as he was in the last two .The one comical part was when Hodges got those tickets, to some event, and was practially begging Grissom to go and he said "Are you asking me out":lol: and then shined him on not answering him as always, Hodges does worship him:wtf: I thought Cath was over the top, abrasive and out of control in this ep. with the owner of the bar, it wasn't his fault she was there under false pretentions, and her yelling at him and his comment about "parenting" really, no wonder Lindsey is doing what she pleases, but the hugs later, I guess were OK. We really liked this weeks, And Riley much better than last week. I like her, she's warm, friendly, sharp, funny, charming, cute and has a quick silver bright mind. So far so good. The story with the 3 blood types scary, and those thugs injecting her EWWWW:klingon: and the Keith Richards comment about how he got his blood cleansed, and Riley goes "that's an urban legend" yes it is, that never happend. All in all an interesting episode~

Last edited:
I think Catherine reacted as any mother would. I know my mom would kick my ass. Hell, I'd probably get slapped at least once. lol.

Actually, I thought Catherine was quite mellow in this episode compared to what she would have been a few seasons ago with angsty Lindsey back then. There was the initial confrontation with Lindsey, sending her home, then getting back to work. I think she even held back when "Mr Big" was trying to bait her with the "poor parenting" line. She seemed quiet in her scenes with Gil, and with Riley.

About the comment on the last scene "it'll be haunting you"...

I just think it's a bad "jeu de mot" (sorry I don't know how to say it in english).

The last scene was with the dead aunt... so it will "aunting" you...

And don't forget, papa boss mob just didn't kill his daughter's aunt... it was also his own sister.

About the comment on the last scene "it'll be haunting you"...
I just think it's a bad "jeu de mot" (sorry I don't know how to say it in english).
Word game, play on words, pun, Choice of words?
I am not making fun of anyone, just trying to help out on what Veze is looking for. ;)

Back