"Leggo our Greggo!" - Greg/Eric discussion thread # 9

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Wojo, Oct 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Applescruff

Applescruff Victim

Oh yes, Post Mortem will always hold a special place in my heart. It aired on my birthday, and I was pretty much sobbing on my friend by the end of it. Eric did such an amazing job, he broke my heart with his performance in that ep, which is amazing because he didn't even have any lines till it was almost over.

2. iluvEricSzmanda

iluvEricSzmanda Coroner

Eric really has developed as an actor these past few seasons, I totally agree with you about him being amazing, Applescruff because it takes a lot of talent to portray as much fear/angst as he did without even having to speak. And it doesnt hurt that he's also eye candy! :devil:

3. crmscnnvstgtr101

crmscnnvstgtr101 CSI Level Two

I like the way the writers have chosen to elevate Greg's character. He's becoming more involved and we now get to see different sides of him, like in court, and things like that.

4. speakerset

speakerset Lab Technician

I think he's been great since the first season, but it's so good to see that character get more storyline and Eric, he's just excellent and between Fannysmackin' and Post Mortem, his talent really got the opportunity to shine through.

5. Musicluvr325

Musicluvr325 Police Officer

I'm watching Little Athens now and I just want to laugh so bad.

But to add to what everyone is talking about. Watching other roles that Eric has done then watching CSI shows how far he'd come. IT makes me a little sad that people don't think about him as a realyl good actor. He's so overlooked.

6. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I just got it in the mail today, gonna watch it soon.

7. Musicluvr325

Let me know what you think. Even if you want to PM me.

The movie is a little weird and not really my thing.

8. speakerset

speakerset Lab Technician

I warned you that he wasn't in it that much..but he is good in Little Athens, probably the best part of that movie..plus one of the actors from Snakes is in it, plus DJ from Post Mortem and of course Jorge (Hurley) from Lost.

9. Musicluvr325

Allie the girl he was with was in Rashomama. She was Valerie Whitehall.
    I laughed so hard when I figured that out.

I love DJ. I have no idea why, but every time I see him in something I enjoy him.

10. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

The movie wasn't my thing either, I found it kinda boring. Eric was the best thing about it.

I'm posting pics from Loco Motives on the pic thread, should be up shortly.

11. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Bumping this thread up, it seems to have vanished.

12. dna_girl

dna_girl Witness

Thanks Wojo :)
    Greg is the best thing about CSI! Although S7 isn't on UK tv yet, I have managed to see a couple of episodes. Greg as a character has really evolved throughout the series, and it is great to see more of him in the field. He seems much more serious than when he was in the lab but I suppose that is a combination of him growing up and the things he is now seeing and experiencing outside of the lab.
    We've got to keep the Greg thread up there.......! :) :)

13. Applescruff

Applescruff Victim

Hee, I love going over the "Greg Sanders Timeline".

I just got the season 1 dvds, and I rewatched the Pilot. Greg's anal-swabs scene with Nick is amazing, but it felt like watching an entirely different person onscreen. He's changed so much since season 1, and he's easily the most changed character in the series. It was so intense to realize that this innocently adorable guy is the same person who gets blown up, watches the people around him get sucker-punched by life, and then ends up almost dying himself. He's just so ... different than what he was before, while at the same time keeping that essential "Gregness" we all know and love. And the best thing is that it's not at all unbelievable (ick, double negatives). You can watch him in any scene and he always seems like a real, believable person with real problems.

*ahem* Unlike some other ChArcTers wHo arE less gRacIously haNdlEd...

14. eszmanda_luver

eszmanda_luver CSI Level One

Hahahah!! I about died laughing on that one! :lol: :lol: :lol:

15. Leftyguitar

Leftyguitar Police Officer

I've also been re-watching a lot of the old episodes
    Greg has definatly changed the most of all the characters on the show. The writers have definatly done a great great job of showing him becoming a more mature person while keeping him a believible character, and well, the Greg we all know and love. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.