"Leggo Our Greggo!" - Eric/Greg Discussion Thread Pt. 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
crmscnnvstgtr101 said:
Nick and Greg have this really awkward, but entertaining friendship. They're not afraid to joke around, but Nick lets Greg know when it's gone too far.

It's awkward because they don't know if they should let the team know that they are in love and more then just good friends. :lol: Sorry. I just can't let it go. I lubs me some Nick/Greg romance :lol:

I really should try and get more active in this thread. It's fun. :)

I should too. I always surf the 'Net for stuff about Eric and then whenever I find something interesting, it turns out to be wrong. (I have a good memory and sense for CSI actors...) And my freshman goal is even to write to a CSI actor... him. :p (But for a more special reason than what you think. I won't reveal it for personal reasons.)

Ok, new question. What do you think it will take for the team to really make Greg one of them? Hopefully, nothing to horrible.

I know, that's why I typed it. :lol:

I got the idea from the dinner party Eric hosted for several of his costars. (Billy, Jorja, Robert David, and Marg, wasn't it?) And they can ALL go: Nick, Warrick, Cath, Gris, Doc, Hodges (though they may not want him to), Sofia, Brass, Sara, Archie... and whoever else they please. A couple of DBs... :lol: :lol: Okay, I'm gonna leave before I spit a drink all over the keyboard.

szmandatogoholic said:
I think it would take a great deal of acceptance... and a couple of bottles of wine. :lol: And possibly a dinner party at Greg's house.

That would DEFINITELY make me love him even more if I was invited to a party at his house... And I would get to play with his dog! And maybe with Eric.......... :devil: :D

Warrick just gets on his case too much. There's no reason to talk down to Greg, especially when he's helped in some tough situations and has, in my opinion, been a really good colleague and friend. And quite honestly, what sets Warrick apart from the rest of the team, in terms of Greg, is the fact that he hasn't warmed up quite so much to him. He still is that guy who doesn't know when he's gone too far with his comments. And I can't help but feel sorry for Greg, because every time he gets into trouble with Warrick, he just looks so inncoent and just doesn't know what to do.

I agree with that assessment. You know what also really bothers me about Warrick? Many times he calls Greg by his last name instead of his given name, which is condescending and disrespectful. I know that most of the team calls Grissom by his last name, but it has been known from the very beginning that he apparently prefers that to his first name. Warrick sometimes address Greg as "Sanders" or when talking to Grissom, Warrick will refer to "Sanders" which seems condescending and disrespectful. He's worked with Greg for quite a while now and Greg deserves Warrick's respect as much as the others.

i agree, Greg doesn't go around saying "where the heck is Brown?" no, why?...well because Warrick would pound him , but that's besides the point! but i guess Warrick calls Nick 'Stokes' sometimes, maybe he does that because their friends?

-x-liv

crmscnnvstgtr101 said:
Nick and Greg have this really awkward, but entertaining friendship. They're not afraid to joke around, but Nick lets Greg know when it's gone too far.

I completely agree. It seems to me that the people Greg works best with are Sara and Nick. Warrick talks down to him, Cath is good but I don't see the teacher / student relationship much, probably because of the team split and no cases together for most of season 5, and Grissom makes him nervous.

With Sara and Niick, they trust him to do things on his own. Sure they tell him "Process the perimeter" but they don't stand over him while he does. Also, he can ask them questions without eye rolling or looks of "You should know this." They patiently explain things to him. While with them, he has the freedom to be a little silly (ex. the gold stars conversation from Gum Drops) but with the undersanding he can't get too wild and he has to focus, pay attention, and learn whatever he can. Finally, and the most imprtant reason, they treat him as an equal, and not like some little annoyance that they got stuck with.

Sorry for the ramble, I just spent all day watching CSI and I'm in a talkative mood.

anne_wolfe said:
I completely agree. It seems to me that the people Greg works best with are Sara and Nick. Warrick talks down to him, Cath is good but I don't see the teacher / student relationship much, probably because of the team split and no cases together for most of season 5, and Grissom makes him nervous.

I agree that Sara and Nick do work with him best, i mean its Nick that called him Greggo :)And like everyone said, because they treat him as an equal. I think he gets on Sara the best though, they always seem to have the most friendly banter, then Nick. I think that Catherine does treat him as an equal from what Ive seen in earlier episodes before the team was split.

But I think that now Greg is a CSI either people will treat him better or worse depending on how the writers want to write it, either as people respecting him for moving out to the field, or people seeing him as the new guy and giving him all the bad jobs. I hope its the first one, but either way we still get to see him in the lovely CSI gear :lol:

Wojo said:
It made perfect sense to me. I know Greg has changed some except for his sence of humor. I am tied of people saying he's not funny any more when that is NOT the case. In my opinion he as funny as ever and he always makes me laugh.

Greg is hilarious. he always has been hilarious, and he always will be hilarious. the only reason that he's not as goofy as he used to be is like what other people were saying, he's trying to fit in and be a part of the team. plus he's gotten more and more serious over the years cause he's growing up, kinda, sorta. he's still childish, but mature when he needs to be.

and i feel really bad for Greg sometimes cause no one around him really notices it, but he's just trying to fit in. and of course he feels left out, cause he's like the newbie, so to speak.

I was looking around the internet the other day and strumbled across this. The person who wrote it gave the best description of Greg.

Greg's loud and sort of brash, flirtatious and smart and he makes sure everyone knows exactly how smart he is. But he collects coins, too, and he has a strong relationship with his family even though they're back in California. He wants everyone to believe he's self-confident and fearless, but under all that he wants so badly to belong to the group, and there's a quietness about him that's really charming and very often overlooked.

Warnings: The essay I got this quote from deals the ship between Nick and Greg.

did you guys heard about Eric got beat up by a women in hawai?
is this true or whas it on Csi? Anyone know more about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back