Least fav character and episode

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by Guest, Sep 18, 2006.

1. kitty_koo

kitty_koo Hit and Run

I dont really have a least favourite character from CSI Vegas but i saw an epsiode of the NY once and i think one of the characters is called Lindsey, but i really dont like her.
    Also my least favourite episode (of Vegas) is King Baby, it was just too weird

2. CSIVegasMiamiNY

CSIVegasMiamiNY Pathologist

CSI: Vegas
    Ecklie

CSI: NY
    Aiden

I dont know why, I just never warmed to them. And least favourite eps?
    Er, Miami, Lost Son (can anyone guess why? lol) and, er, oh, Vegas Stalker and Strip Stangler, I dont really like those ones

3. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I forgot a least favorite from Miami. Dan Cooper. Why does everyone like him so much? He just annoys me. That, and I miss Tyler. Not that that has to do with anything.

4. labgeekluvr

labgeekluvr Lab Technician

I don't have a least favorite episode, but my least favorite characters are Ecklie and Hodges

5. screamingpoet

screamingpoet CSI Level One

My least favorite character on CSI would have to be Sara Sidle. She's really whiny and super-needy of Grissom, constantly requiring his approval. While Greg admires Grissom and wants his approval because Grissom's his superior and he wants to know he's done a good job, Sara wants Grissom's approval because she's in love with him. It's entirely different. She also gets overly jealous, like when Sofia first came into the picture, for no reason. I just don't like her, really.

6. Bluntforcetrauma

Bluntforcetrauma Witness

I totally agreee, i still like her but she is way needy like she cant function without him handing her a banana and saying go monkey good job!
    Also I never watch Miami cos theres a blonde chick in it and she sounds like a total bimbo her voice is like nails on a chalk board, oo grrr!

7. catey1234

catey1234 Pathologist

CSI: Hodges, because he thinks he know everything.
    Miami: Natalia, just plain annoying. And she was the mole, and now she's a csi? I mean, come on.
    New York: Peyton. I think it has more to do with the way they shoehorned her in, and everybody suddenly knows her. But it's hard to know what she's like, she's only been in two episodes, so my opinion may change.

8. 4_and_20

4_and_20 Rookie

I’m sure I’m venturing in hear at my own risk because there’s going to be a lot of Sofia hating going on.

I have to say I absolutely can’t stand Nick and his big stupid head; I just wanna punch him every time I see him (how’s that for critical discussion)

Ok, a lot of this has to do with the fact that I haven’t gotten over Grissom recommending Nick for the promotion over Sara (was the episode Bloodlines, or just before it?). I’m not sure if this reinforces my hatred of Grissom or of Nick or both but we all know Nick’s the least skilled CSI, well next to Greg, but Greg’s still in training so he doesn’t count, but seriously why the heck did Beardo The Weirdo recommended Nick over Sara when we know that she is a better CSI then him. Lets examine the facts:

1. He and Sara were the same rank when she showed up, actually he was higher then her cause had been at the Vegas CSI longer, and Sara got to work murders solo right from the start, how long did it take before Nick was allowed to.
    2. Grissom even said outright that Nick wasn’t ready in the first season.
    3. Sara also got a higher performance evaluation then Nick.
    4. We can assume she probably didn’t fail her firearms evaluation like he did, and then go traipsing of out into the field when he wasn’t allowed.
    5. He went of his rocker and punched a civilian (but that was later on)
    6. He walked right in on an interrogation at a crucial moment (and got blasted by Grissom for it. :))
    7. He got evidence throne out of court because he marked it wrong (that’s just careless)

God I’m sick of those Nick lovin fics where people actually act like he’s better then her. O.K. I’m ranting now, I just haven’t gotten over it yet. Are we supposed to believe that “because he didn’t want it” is a good reason? Sara was right, that was a stupid reason, what kind of boss recommends someone for being unambitious and careless when there’s a much better choice. Sometimes I do like Grissom, when he’s being quirky in that creepy sort of way but mostly he annoys me, especially where Sara is concerned.

On another note, I do like Eckley, mostly for his Grissom hate.

9. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

Least favorite characters
    LV: No one in particular. I love everyone here. :D
    Miami: Ryan-- I don't see the appeal. He seems so self-centered and when Horatio was the suspect for a case in s5(? i think), he was walking to the crime scene with Delko and he asks Delko to pay him back?? I mean, your boss is screwed and is framed and you go asking for your money back...
    NY: Peyton. I don't like how she's created to be a love interest. So far (I know: only in two episodes...), she hasn't had much character developement. It's as if she's only there to sleep with Mac.

10. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

88blackbirds, I'm sorry you think Nick is stupid but he is not stupid. Nick made a lot of mistakes but he learning from them, that how he learn from job. I don't understand Grissom recommonded Nick over Sara, if you watch it, you will know why. Grissom and Sara has a relationship. I know Sara will do a good job, so it Nick. My guess he does want it or he don't.

Do you want to know my opinion? Nick is mad at Grissom for doing that because he didn't tell him the reason he choose him over Sara.

My least favorite is Sofia, I don't like her. Only one person make too many mistake and always get away with it, is Catherine. Sara and Nick never got away with it. Catherine or Warrick always got away with it. Warrick should be fired for leaving Holly at the scene. Catherine is too busy dating a guys instead go home to her daughter and no wonders Lindsey is so angry at her mother.

The reason Grissom let Sara go solo (Let's the sellar beware) he was punish her for being late and he told her to get a life but he want her to work. Sometimes I get mad at Grissom for letting Nick go solo 'till third or fourth season, (I can't remember which season Grissom finally let him go solo) Grissom don't think Nick is ready but he is being ready. I remember Pilot, Brass let Nick go solo but not Grissom, I guess Grissom don't want Nick to get killed like what happened to Holly, he is very protected of Nick and Sara.

11. 4_and_20

4_and_20 Rookie

I wasn’t trying to say that Nick was stupid, just that Sara was a better CSI then him, hence my annoyance at the promotion thing.

It wasn’t just Let the Sellar Beware that Grissom let Sara go solo (which wasn’t a punishment), she had as many cases as the others (if I am wrong about this feel free to correct me). Considering she was the same rank as Nick, this shows that Grissom obviously thought she was more capable then him. Anyway, I didn’t realise Grissom didn’t let Nick go solo till third season, that only supports my argument.

Oh, yeah and I forgot two other things of my list.

8. He told case details to that Kenny guy (“murder central”), who then told the press, which then got all over the news (he got in trouble with Grissom for that one too)
    9. (Although this is after the promotion thing, it does go to a pattern of carelessness bordering on negligence) he took his personal vehicle, packed with evidence to that diner to eat, instead of taking it straight to headquarters (that was funny as when he got yelled at by the sheriff guy after the car got stolen and then Grissom stepped in and made it even worse by saying that all the evidence was now compromised)

I’m not sure what you mean by Nick being mad at Grissom for not telling him why he recommended him over Sara, the only reaction we say from Nick was saying that its just an honor to be recommended when he was talking to Sara in the locker room

On another subject, it is annoying how Grissom always lets Catharine off the hock; I mean, she did get a man killed by divulging information about a case, she blew up the lab, she used the DNA lab for her own paternity test, she put herself on that rape case involving her husband when Grissom told her not to, and half the time she acts like she wasn’t doing anything wrong. I’m sure there are one or two things I’m missing. I do like her though, as long as she’s not doing anything wrong or getting too much screen time devoted to her family related stories, she does have that feisty attitude and gets all the good one-liners.

12. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Shall we make it clear here that Alan Rosenberg is Marg Helgenberg's husband in real life, but Adam Novak And Catherine Willows have nothing to do with each other on the show besides they met at a bar and he became a suspect that got cleared later? Thank you. :)

13. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

88Blackbirds, I agree with you one thing, Sara and Nick are the same ranks. When I first watch Crate and buried or whatever the episode is, Nick said to Sara, "I'm outrank you", I'm trying to figure it out what he meant by that, they are same ranks, they are both level 3.

I remember what you talk about that episode, Nick accidently talk to his old college, he make mistake. Grissom was mad at him, he didn't stay mad at Nick for long. Nobody can't stay mad at him because they adored him. Nick never said anything after that, he punish himself. H said to Grissom, "I'm going to back to the lab, he meant doghouse because he was in trouble."

Grissom never stay nothing to his team. I do agree about Catherine, she always get away with it everything, she always hanged out with men after work.

14. 4_and_20

4_and_20 Rookie

About that "I outrank you" thing Nick said, what that meant was that while they both are definitely the same rank, because Nick has worked at the Vegas CSI longer then Sara he outranks her, so its only because he’s been there longer, not because of more experience or anything (at least that’s the message I got)

Anyway, back on topic, least favorite episode, anything where I have to look at Nick for an hour.

And EricaSJ, I had to ask, whom exactly are you talking to with that comment? I’ve read the last few posts and no one talked about that Alan Rosenberg guy.

15. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Yes, let's please make sure we stay on topic. If this thread gets out of hand it can and will be closed. :)

88Blackbirds, I believe EricaSJ was referring to your comment here:

My guess is that she was thinking of the case where Rosenberg played the suspect, but I'm thinking that you were referring to the case involving Catherine's ex-husband Eddie. :)