"Law of Gravity" Discussion **Spoilers**

EricaSJ said:
Yeah I was happy that after all these years and the craps both of them have been through, Grissom was still there for Catherine. The friendship of these two is one of the best things CSI has since the start and I personally think TPTB were stupid to change it to the way it has been lately. Bah.

LOL, I've really missed the Gil/Cath bond too, so that scene was... good, but sad, but good....

I'm also holding a grudge against TPTB for turning Greg into this morose CSI, not the vibrant, fun, witty guy he used to be. I'm happy with him as a CSI, I just miss his humor.

OK, back on topic now... what a fab ep!! LOL

What a fantastic, heart-breaking episode that was! Like many of you, I'd really come to like Keppler over the past few weeks, and this episode just intensified that, and made the emotional pay-off when he bit the dust all that much more. Marg and Liev were phenomenal in the last few minutes, and deserve credit for making the absolute most out of that moment.

I loved that Grissom was there consoling Catherine after Keppler's demise. I miss the interaction between them, it was one of the relationships between the CSIs that I enjoy the most. I hope that we'll be seeing more of that in the near future.

I thought having Catherine there when Keppler was shot was great continuity, not just because she spent the most time with him, because of the similarities between his death and that of her father. I hope we get to see some of the effect this has on Catherine in coming episodes. I don't want them to toss Sam's death aside like it meant nothing.

And a brief mention to Wendy! I love the girl, and it was great to see her get a little more screen-time, and doing something other than just handing out results. Like Boti Bliss in 'Internal Affairs', they took a chance on giving her something bigger to do, and she did not disappoint. If the time wasn't stretched quite as much as it seems to be, I'd ask to see more of her. :)

Where's Greg? Can I have some more please?

Overall, pretty damn good episode. Great to see Grissom back too. But as much as I love Billy, I will miss Liev greatly. He added a new and very interesting dynamic to the show. Part of me wishes they hadn't killed him off, so he could show up every now and then, but after watching that episode, I think they made a decent decision. It sure did play up the drama and tug the old heartstrings. Everyone did the story justice too, but Marg and Liev made this episode what it is, and that is probably the best episode of Season 7 so far. :D

Oh, Mikey. You're time with us was far too short-lived. :(

Finally I saw it. I'm still in shock and haven't fully processed it. One question I have though is, did Frank kill Amy? I didn't read the previous opsts in depth before I saw it and I don't have time now...Did he kill her?...

It was an amazing ep. Amazing. I loved it. Intense.

Nick was hialarious...and Spanky...PRICELESS. Was David the only one who took the course online? How did Gris know that he was Spanky?

Gris looks shabby. His beard looks like a caveman's beard. I'm happy that he's back.

Only afterwards I realize that I really DID like Keppler. :(

I'm fairly certain Amy committed suicide. If the dossier at whoiskeppler.com is accurate. I'm not sure the episode itself really made that clear or not.

It was suicide (just talked about it with a friend) but he raped her...so it pretty much is considered murder

I thought it was great episode. Thought Liev did a great job
That said, glad Grissom's back. Keppler was an interesting character, he shock things up a bit.
BTW, where the heck was Greg?!

i didnt like kepler. i thought he was evil and so he was. he had a past he wasnt willing to share. and now that its past he has revealed himself. the reverse frencics thing is what got me to believe he was evil.

I rewatched this episode specifically the part at the end with Catherine and Keppler, When they were going up the stares to the hotel room, her gun was drawn and held down, she saw the hooker run out screaming and heard the gun shot, her gun when she ran in the room was still drawn, Frank aimed at her as she was looking at Keppler and Keppler shot him several times, then Catherine put her gun away.

It could be not only did they possibly become somewhat friends but the fact that he did save her life in his last moments, Mix that with all that has happened with deaths surrounding her, (Eddie, Sam), the almost rape, the almost drowning of Lindsey and also her kidnapping, yep she needed to let it out.

Thing is she isn't a cop but trained to use a gun and similar to that of a cop, but there were cops coming behind her, and it reminds me of Brass when he yelled at Sara for using her gun to help search a room before it was cleared.

I also guess in some minds even though Keppler was distant, and closed off to others in the end he had two choices make it right or watch it all explode and he made the choice to make it right even if it cost him his life and tarnished any good rep he left behind, I think he was just tired of being haunted, and basically blackmailed, it took its toll and he fineally said enough is enough.

again JMO. :)

Ithought this episode was fantastic.
I LOVED the brief interplay between Sara and Gris and thought it worked really well. I also that this Gris harkened back to Season 1, a playful side.
I found myself glued to the set for every scene was tense, and I, for one, will miss Keppler. I thought there was so much there to explore between he and Cath even as a recurring character. Nick even had tears in his eyes when he found the cooler with the hand at the end.

S. Bright wrote:
As a professional, you are trained not to let your emotions take over, in any circumstance. Otherwise, you just wouldn't function and probably put co-workers, and youself in danger. But then, this is TV and not RL
No offense, but even in real life, you can be trained to not let your emotions take over and yet, it can happen in certain circumstances, as we are all merely human.

Well, I see your points about atherine, but still - I think the writers are making her less intelligent than she is. As said, the writers cannot handle women very well.

Yes, despite al thats happened to Cath, she still has to fall back on her professionality, otherwise she's lost. And in a crisis that is waht you are programmed to do, it sits in your spine and you have no tohter otions thatn follow what youäre programmed to do. What Catherine did is totally illogical from a psychological POV.

I so don't like what the writers are doing to her.

First off, there wasn't a near-rape, it was all staged. She believ she had been raped, but there was no recollection of any sort. Thus,, the emotional trauma is not from the situation but from the loss of control she experienced while being drugged. She also lost control when Lindsey was taken, she was knocked out and impeded from reacting and saving her girl. But now? Now she has all the possibilities to react professionaly but doesn't, instead she reacts against all logic? Don't buy it.

She runs into a room where shots have been fired? And emotional reaction would have been to throw yurself down to protect yourself, due to fear. And fear thrumps everything when it comes to reactions. A loud enough noise has everyone seek cover, reflexively, Not run to the sound. Just doen't make sense that Cath would do a thing like that. Not even as untrained to you ru to a loud sound, you avoid it.

Even Griss told her that Keppler wasn't her priority when she called him. Grissom did notice something was swrong and remided her to stay professional. Unfortunately Cath didn't.

ok I see where you are all comming from where you think Keppler was a good person. but before you seen this eppisode or the one with reverse forenscs, did you think he was good? in previous eppisodes i have never seen reverse forensics. so in my mind i thought that was wrong. i knew it was wrong when they kept it from the other members on the team. lieing is worse then telling the truth even if it hurts.

mrb105 said:
How did the title of the episode incorporate in, because I still can't figure it out

I think like 'what goes up must come down' is the law of gravity, Keppler had gone up and now had to get brought down or was now brought down.

Back