Last Photographer Standing #2 - Final Results Now Up!

Re: Last Photographer Standing #2

I just saw this for thr first time, can I sign up even if I have never entered yet?

BlueCurl said:
@DJRideout: Happy Birthday! Ofcourse I'll make up themes that can be photographed by everyone in general. It would be unfair not to do that!

Hey, thanks... :D I figured that the themes would be generalized, but I figured I'd ask, cause you just never know...Thanks for clarifying it though. peace out!

Your welcome DJRideout!

Amy777 said:
I just saw this for thr first time, can I sign up even if I have never entered yet?

ofcourse! Everybody is welcome, so consider yourself welcome! So I can put you on the list!? :D Dont hasitate to ask anything when something is unclear to you from now on! :D

Yes you can put me on the list, I will try this out. I will start after the amusement park. Thanks. I do not have any questions yet, I will ask if I have any.

Thanks BlueCurl for answering my question.
Just for me, to summarize it:
Wildcard is possible once except for final 3 rounds and not to be put afterwards (after round has finished) to avoid elimination, right?

I am sooo looking forward to it. :D This is going to be great.

Can I suggest some themes or would this be unfair? I have a couple of ideas... Just a thought... :D

Added to the list: SpeedleCSIMiami, Drumchik, Amy777, that_girl1
Could take a while before it shows in the initial post. I'll ask Wibble or DaWacko one of these days to update the list alrighty?!

BonaTaylor said:
Wildcard is possible once except for final 3 rounds and not to be put afterwards (after round has finished) to avoid elimination, right?

yes_new.gif

BonaTaylor said:
Can I suggest some themes or would this be unfair? I have a couple of ideas... Just a thought... :D

Everybody can. I am always open for that. And I'll see if I also use them. When they are pretty standard I might because then everyone has a fair shot. Some themes from the regular competition were also ideas from others, some were also defenilty not :p

ETA:
For the ones that hadn;t noticed yet... I've kinda changed the initial post... Still the same but more info...

BlueCurl said:

BonaTaylor said:

Everybody can. I am always open for that. And I'll see if I also use them. When they are pretty standard I might because then everyone has a fair shot. Some themes from the regular competition were also ideas from others, some were also defenilty not :p

Shall I PM them to you or just post'em here?

I have a question about the voting for the LPS. Last time, we had some trouble with people voting for photos because they didn't fit the theme, and some people didn't think that was fair. How is that going to work this time?

Also, I'd love to suggest some themes too :lol:

Is it too late to sign up? If not, I'd love to be involved

Yeah, I'd like to sign up. This is the first time I noticed this thread. So if it's not too late, please sign me up.

BonaTaylor said:
Shall I PM them to you or just post'em here?

Post them here. People are able to give a response on them then.

DragonflyDreamer said:
I have a question about the voting for the LPS. Last time, we had some trouble with people voting for photos because they didn't fit the theme, and some people didn't think that was fair. How is that going to work this time?
Also, I'd love to suggest some themes too :lol:

Some people have already noticed by the PM that I send back that I'm a nitpicker (not for the ones that always read the rules in a compulsive way I guess...). If I add a photo to the competition and you don't think it fits the theme you can PM with that oppinion with underlaying facts and I'll give my answer with explanation/facts why I've added it to the competition.
And suggest away with some themes.

I hope/think to have developed enough skills in photograpphy over the years (see my website for my photography skills ;)) to actually notice if a photo fits a theme or not! And also know how to explain that point of view. I have tried my best so far and I hope that it all went okay in your guys's point of view in the short time I'm running the competition. Which was also pretty new for me. And I actually learned some new words in English over the past few months.. Gotta love the language.

Bev said:
Is it too late to sign up? If not, I'd love to be involved

I'd already added you in me excel file ;) Since I knew you were gone for a while! I'll add you to the new Initial post as well and let wibble/dawacko know soon!

araSgerG said:
Yeah, I'd like to sign up. This is the first time I noticed this thread. So if it's not too late, please sign me up.

I'll put you on the list.

I'll ask Wibble/DaWacko soon to update the list in the initial post!

Okay, then here are my suggestions for new themes:

-(Street) Signs
-Doors and Windows (Extra: Just a part or one or two pieces in the pic,
no the complete building)
-Close Ups in general
-Pharmaceuticals and Lab inventory (CSI-homage)
-Squares/Circles
-Food
-Hands & Feet
-Christmas
-Telephones
-Music (Extra: No instruments or CD Covers)
-Instruments
-Time (Extra: No Clock & Watches)
-Clock & Watches
-Wood (Extra: only wood that has been processed already, so no forest)
-Sun, Moon & Stars
-Hearts
-Still life (arrangement of any kind, but a real set up, not random -shots from holiday)
-Museums (Extra: no single exhibits, theme should picture the actualy -flair of the museum)
-Animals
-Travel
-City Impression (Extra: No Skylines, no totals, focus on details, ppl,
flair, etc...)

What do you think? :)

Back