LAS VEGAS PICTURES

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEWS

If the Luxor's light ever needs extra wattage, bring on Liza Minnelli/ The energy at her free concert for fellow entertainers early Sunday was something to behold!! with 23 standing ovations :eek: and too many affectionate shoutouts to count more than 1,000 showbiz kids and headliners, showered the Broadway and film icon with appreciation during her two-hour show at the Luxor!! Minnelli was making good on a recent promise to revive a lost tradition on the Strip. Back in the 1980's she often joined Sammy Davis Jr. for special after-hour shows for performers who rarely got to see the big names!! Minnelli, 60, repeatedly referred to the younger crowd as "my babies" and thanked the audience for turning out!! In a moment that long will be remembered, Minnelli brought down the house late in the show when she told the crowd.. "wait a minute, I can't see a damn thing" and pulled off her fake eyelashes.....later, Minnelli and firends, were seen at 'Love" The Mirage.. also there were Derek Jeter and Jason Giambi... Kevin Federline, back at Tao (The Venetian) for a second night with his dancer friends, telling a fan "I just want all the drama, to go away"" :( (why don't you go away}!!!!!

Source.. Norm Clarke..LVRJ

NEWS

There are rumblings that Britney Spears and Paris Hilton will co-host Monday's Billboard Music Awards at the MGM Grand Garden arena. The Killers are among the confirmed performers. Other performers are Fergie of The Black Eyed Peas..Gwen Stefani..Janet Jackson..Mary J. Blige.. Celine Dion and Criss Angel.. among presenters will be Carmen Electra and her ex Dave Navarro..Chris Daughtry and Katherine McPhee of "American Idol".. Kathy Griffin..Vanessa Minnillo and Wynonna Judd

Source..Norm Clarke.. LVRJ

NEWS

All the pieces of the post-Celine Dion era at Caesars Palace are falling into place..Cher's deal is done..and Bette Midler is set. Cher will move into the 4,000-seat Colosseum in the spring of 2008, and Bette Midler will follow her in the fall!! Dion ends her 4 1/2 year run, an unequaled local success, in December 2007. Depending on which reports you believe, she either plans to launch a two-year world tour, or will try to have a 2nd child through vitro fertilzation. it was announced Wednesday that she has canceled her next five performances of "A New Day" ad an apperance as a presenter Monday at he the Billboard Music Awards at the the MGM Grand..she is being treated for mycoplasma bronchitis a contagious respiratory bacterial infection. She will return Dec. 28 after the holiday break!!

Norm Clarke.. LVRJ

MGM GRAND

YAYZ, the MGM Grand! :)
Adrienne, tell me something. Do you really know your way around LV? I wouldn't :p Not even if I lived there.

FUNNY.. :D Of course I do.. it's a great city to get around in, and you'd do fine.. but the traffic YIKES. :eek:. horrible.. :mad: I try and take side streets to avoid the freeway at all costs.. here'a great site for you, and all the fans pertaining to Lake Mead, and the surrounding areas of the valley!!!!

LAKE MEAD

New York-New York... fabulous replica of New York.. fascinating, the Statue of Liberty and all the rest!!!!

The BILLBOARD music awards show will be featured tonight at the MGM Grand.. ;)

lvnight0001.JPG

lvnight0002.JPG

NEWS

Some super stars that will be appearing here. and the dates!!

Christina Aguilera
Mandalay Bay..Sat. March 3rd

Prince
Rio..Dec. 13--20

Eric Clapton
MGM Grand..Sat. March 10 ;) he's fantastic

RIO

NEWS

Las Vegas lounge legend Keeley Smithe, bringing down the house at Jazz at the Church on Saturday, during a reunion with Bobby Moris, the original drummer with Smith and Louie Prima. She recieved a "Keeley Smithe day" proclmation from Mayor Oscar Goodman and sag all her old standards>>>>>>Basball Hall of Famer Rich 'Goose" Gossage, on the NFR crowd in the V.. Aladdin/Planet Hollywood>>>>>Vinnie Paul of the rock band Pantera, at Carrot Top's show (Luxor) on Friday>>>>> Nip/tuck star kelly Carlson, trying the seared Kobe and fruit sake at Social House (Treasure Island}

Source Norm Clarke..LVRJ
norm@reviewjournal.com

LUXOR

LAS VEGAS NEWS

Boxing champ Floyd Mayweather Jr. at Tangerine (Treasure Island) during the Monica Hanson-hosted Jersey Girl fashion show on Tuesday....Ichiro Suzuki of the Seattle Mariners, playing Blackjack and rolette while being filmed by a Japanese film crew....famed drummer Aynsley Dunbar, joining the Moanin' Blacksnakes during their show at King Tut's on Sunday.....Prince..Madonna and Elvis impersonators will be among almost a dozen "Legens in Concert" performing during NASCAR week at the Neon garage, in the infield entertainment venue at the Las Vwegas Mortor Speedway. Up to 10,000 fans can gather near the Nextel teams garage's

Source..Norm Clarke.. LVRJ

I am so enjoying this thread! Thanks for all the information and great pics. :)

I have finally pursuaded my husband to take me to Las Vegas, and we are planning to visit in April/May next year! I am so excited...I even get to pick the hotel (yay!).

Elsie said:
I am so enjoying this thread! Thanks for all the information and great pics. :)

I have finally pursuaded my husband to take me to Las Vegas, and we are planning to visit in April/May next year! I am so excited...I even get to pick the hotel (yay!).

Cool, Elsie here's a site that might interest you and your better half/ on hotel deals..hope this helps ;)

http://govegas.about.com/

THE VENETIAN

THE CANALS

desertwind said:
NEWS

Some super stars that will be appearing here. and the dates!!

Eric Clapton
MGM Grand..Sat. March 10 ;) he's fantastic

RIO

Wow Calpton, Kickass he's fantastic. I wish I could go, bu sadly not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back