Jorjeous Jorja/Sara discussion part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry, I'm not old enough to drink so I didn't pass out but for Destiny I think that's a death sentence :lol: I'm sure everyone wishes we were all passed out on the floor by now :p

In Sara's bio on Wikipedia (no I didn't get this idea from the Simon-Mayo interview :rolleyes: :p) I found some very interesting info that I'd never known before.

She graduated as valedictorian at age sixteen, having aced her exams.

Why am I not surprised? :p

Sara loves her work, and is as obsessed if not more so than Grissom when it comes to the case. She is passionate about her cases and often lets her emotions get ahead of her, especially in cases that involve violence against women.

^And this, my friends is one of the main reasons Sara is my favorite character on the show. And there are many reasons as well as to why Sara feels this way- number one, being the most obvious, she is a woman (and she has a gun ;)), number two- it is safe to say that her mother was in a abusive relationship with her father from the information provided in Nesting Dolls. Sara also may have been subject to the abuse and since then has decided to no longer stand for being helpless, a victim, if you will. I think she still has a grudge against her father for taking advantage of his power over both her and her mother and for that she tries to defend each member of the female race to the fullest of her abilities (and sometimes more) from harm, to try and prevent those people from going through what her mother had to go through with her father's behavior.

And this is another thing I have to ponder- does Sara hold a grudge generally against men? She has a steady relationship with Warrick, Greg, and Nick, but they are her friends and she knows they would never hurt anyone intentionally. And Grissom, well ;)

*sighs* I missed out on the Sara celebration. Nuts. I was too busy watching a movie that has Jorja in it ... so all is alright. Anyone ever seen Velocity Trap? It's not the greatest movie out there ... but it's even sweeter when JF has a role. ^-^.

Just finished watching it.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARA!

Me wants to see it, and I ordered it, but it's still not delivered. :(.

Ann, I totally agree with you there. I actually love the way Sara deals with men she knows, like Warrick, Greg.. etc. She rocks my socks, which I'm not wearing now, but who cares...

That's true, she seems to be "one of the guys" when she's with them. I absolutely loved that scene in "The Finger" when she punched Warrick for telling the others about that date with Hank.
And in the ep with the DUI (don't remember the title right now) she seemed very comfortable with the boys. So that shows she doesn't dislike or not trust men in general, just those jerks she encounters at work most of the time.
I also admire the way she treats those guys, even if she's flying off the handle sometimes, it's HOT when she goes ballistics on suspects :devil:
No seriously, it takes a lot of courage to speak up to people like that...

By the way, anyone else expiriencing hangover?...What a party... ;)

Oh yeah, Mia, it is sexay.

And yes, I'm experiencing a hangover. Just had a huge breakfast, helps (says Brainiac). :p

Well, the episode of csi that got me hooked on it, was Committed, and well, the whole case was only Grissom & Sara.

So what about Committed got me hooked?

Well, it was the fight scene between Adam and Sara. I remember saying 'I don't like the fact that she's in that room alone.' My brother said 'Me either!' and ran upstairs. Then I look over at Lindsey (my twin), and she's talking on the phone, but still at least paying attention to what's happening on the TV.

Then Sara attacked Adam and Lindsey litterely jumped and dropped the phone. And then, an addiction began.

And now, here I am typing on the Jorja thread, because I love her character because she's the most emotional one on the show. As far as we know, she's been through more than anyone else. And of course, Sara's got her sensitive subjects.

Jorja's character is so complex, and we'll never know everything about her. Which is why, she's my favourite character.

btw, quoth, looooooooove the pic.

and, MiaCharlize, I love the pictures on your photobucket, what program do you use? (I know it's off topic, sorry) Do ya mind if I take one? I'll credit :D

-stumbles in after a long night of partying- ehe, hey guys :) *steals half eaten mallow from Sabrina* Velocity Trap was on last night on space (channel 627, not sure what for cable) and I couldn't watch it because my mom put a lock on the movie. Pfft, so what if it's rated R, I can deal, dude! Sheesh. Apparently she has a kickass role in that. Hmm..

Anyone ever notice she's a total badass? Sara, anway. She loves doing stuff like drilling into brick walls and taking an empounded car and making it into a car that's able to be gone through and have evidence collected. It's funny to see her do stuff like that, because.. Well, just because. I luff her "not-gonna-take-no-sexist-shit-'cos-I-can-fricken'-drill-into-a-wall" type attitude. Mrowr, it's super sexay!

quoth_the_raven said:
And this is another thing I have to ponder- does Sara hold a grudge generally against men?
Hmm, I don't think she does. She gets along great with Warr, Greg, Nick, Brass and Gil. And Ecklie... even the devil himself can't stand Ecklie. :p I think she holds grudges against abusive ass***** and well, yeah, ass***** in general - both male and female.

Mini_Catherine said:
"not-gonna-take-no-sexist-shit-'cos-I-can-fricken'-drill-into-a-wall"
WHOA I'm so gonna print that on a shirt one day. :lol:

SidLer said:
quoth_the_raven said:
And this is another thing I have to ponder- does Sara hold a grudge generally against men?
Hmm, I don't think she does. She gets along great with Warr, Greg, Nick, Brass and Gil. And Ecklie... even the devil himself can't stand Ecklie. :p I think she holds grudges against abusive ass***** and well, yeah, ass***** in general - both male and female.

Totally, though I do notice that Sara seems to put up more walls around men than she does women, probably from experiences she's had in the past. It's probably become and instinctive thing for her. But Warrick, Greg, Nick and Grissom are people she's known for years, and she trusts them with her life so that would explain her liking them, though notice that she still does not open up to anyone (and it took Grissom almost six years to get her to do so in Vegas).

With Catherine she's more casual, though I think she may have had a bit of a grudge against her because she's a mother. Not that she has grudges against mothers in general, except for the fact that her mother wasn't exactly star material. And Catherine and Sara butted heads a lot in the first season, so I think Sara didn't like the idea that Catherine left her daughter with her abusive ex-husband (though she couldn't help it because the divorce was not final), and that she didn't spend as much time with her because of her job (though Sara's one to talk being as obsessed with her work as she is). ie:

Sara: How long do you have to be here to start kicking in for gifts?
Catherine: Whenever the mood hits you, Sara, so I guess in your case, never.

And in this corner... :p

WHOA I'm so gonna print that on a shirt one day. :lol:

I TOTALLY want that printed on a t-shirt! :lol: :p

Haha okay girls! I'll have her face at the back and a "not-gonna-take-no-sexist-shit-'cos-I-can-fricken'-drill-into-a-wall" printed in the front. :lol: Hey, maybe I'll wear that for Halloween! :D The boys will read it and get nightmares! :lol:

Boys: WTF?! Girls CAN'T drill!!! They just CAN'T!! Noooooooooo! How can this be??? *runs crying home to mommy*
Us: Mwahahahahahaha! :devil:

quoth_the_raven said:
I do notice that Sara seems to put up more walls around men than she does women, probably from experiences she's had in the past.
That could be true. :) Remember in No Humans Involved where the guardian of the little boy walked past the interrogation room in handcuffs and Sara looked at her in disgust? That was one of the few times that she had hated a woman. Then again, I hate that woman too! I would tear her into tiny little pieces for what she did to the little kids! :mad: And Sara... poor Sara (poor the little kids too!). She was teary near the end when she hugged the little boy. :(

Btw Ann, I love your av. Yum. ;)

-takes shirt and slips out of guitar one, exposing the lovely bright blue bra, then sliding on the "not-gonna-take-no-sexist-shit-'cos-I-can-fricken'-drill-into-a-wall" tee- *oohs and awws all around* Wow, I've started something *blushes*

Ooh, thanks for the mental picture Alyssa. ;) :lol:

Jorja's acted in many shows and has taken on various roles. Her more popular ones being ER, West Wing and CSI; playing a doctor (Maggie), a secret agent (Gina) and a crime scene investigator (Sara) respectively. Which of the 3 is your favorite character?

I just realized that the characters she's played have a two-syllable name. :)

No Humans Involved was probably my favorite episode... Sara really opens up in that episode... Well, to the degree of openness that her character will allow... Another really strong Sara episode other than Nesting Dolls was The Unusual Suspect... That must have hit her hard, because she was an incredibly smart child. What was it, Valadictorian at the age of 16? That's hard to do. It would take an extremly focused and undettered mind to accomplish that.

SidLer said:
Ooh, thanks for the mental picture Alyssa. ;) :lol:

Jorja's acted in many shows and has taken on various roles. Her more popular ones being ER, West Wing and CSI; playing a doctor (Maggie), a secret agent (Gina) and a crime scene investigator (Sara) respectively. Which of the 3 is your favorite character?

I just realized that the characters she's played have a two-syllable name. :)

I think Sara Sidle is my favorite. But I gotta say I haven't seen her as Gina and just a little bit of Maggie Doyle, so I can't really have an opinion. :p
But I love Sara. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back