Jorja Fox Promises Return To 'CSI'

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

Grissom is not Ronnie's supervisor, so Sara had no reason to tell her anything about her private life. even if Ronnie didn't know anything which i sincerely doubt. GSR was probably the hottest rumour in the lab after sara was rescued.
    i think you are being a little offensive here. i don't try to teach you how to talk to me, while you do it repeatedly. please, stop doing it.
    it's very comfortable to say this when things that happen on the show do not suit your theories.

2. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Wow. I'm so glad people have decided not to get petty about fictional characters and have stayed on the topic of the article... :p

I'd love to see her pop back on, but I'm definitely past buying into the "Oh it'll be super exciting but it's a big secret so I can't reveal anything yet..." stuff. :lol:

I'm going to watch that show, whenever in the future it might air (and I'm not even imagining it would be this season) and if it's good, cool. If it's not, well, c'est la vie. I'll just keep plugging along, hoping for the best like I think the vast majority of viewers do.

I'm glad she's doing what she wants though. The bottom line is that all these people deserve to have fulfilling "real" personal lives, thanks to all the years of entertainment they've provided us with- Thanks! :D

3. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Boy, why don't you say what you really feel! Don't hold back now.
    I gave you my opinion about a fictional show with fictional characters. As everybody here seems to say, we are all entitled to our opinion. We agree to disagree.
    Every character in the show has a flaw or two. That is the beauty of it and why we all identify with them.
    Could the writers have addressed certain issues better? Probably. But some fans don't want all the drama and personal stuff so they chose not to. I have people I work with that I disagree with but still want them to be happy in their lives. And in the end, if people do their work I don't really care who they sleep with.
    Not to nit pick, but you still didn't give me an instance where their relationship affected their work. They weren't together in The Accused is Entitled. And Sara's relationship with Hank was more of an issue with the evidence collection.
    And yes, I do care what happens to them in the end. I have been watching these characters for 7+ years. I'm not going to apologize for caring. If I stop caring, I'll stop watching. Why are you still watching?

4. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Thanks xfcanadian, very spot on post. :) And I agree with everything you have said.

I highly doubt Ecklie would let rumors and gossip circle around the lab. He may not be the best all around person, but he does a bang up job at his profession.

The workers are there for just that, work. Not to spend time in the break room, or other parts of the lab, dishing about what is going on. Sure they knew what happened, but being professinal in a job like this is far more reveered then running around throwing information to the masses.

I'm a blunt person and I get right to the point of what I want to say. If you don't like it then so be it, no one is forcing you to respond to my posts.

5. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

lmao :)
    and he doesn't let anybody play whodunnit games for half a day either.
    you can still do it without being rude.
    after all you said in that fashion i have a little feeling (just a feeling) that you have never had fun in your life. i mean, live a little! you really need to get wild one day, lol.

6. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Thinking about that, might be a reason that the whole thing felt rushed. They wanted to get everything out but couldn't strech it out anymore.

Exactly, somehow the rawness of all the characters seems to have been thrown to the wayside. So much for having the develop forward, seems that it's gone a bit backwards.

7. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Guys, let's keep this conversation civil and not get personal about it. Keep the discussion on topic and not on the topic of each other. ;) Thanks! :)

8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Back to Jorja, and her coming back, she left to do this play.. and this is opening night in L.A. with the support of her wonderful co-workers ;) it will run for 3 week's and then she's available to return to CSI!

JORJA..BILLY..MARG

9. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

That's a great pic desertwind. I hope Jorja's play is a success.

Here's an excerpt from an interview with George Eads about the finding out of GSR. This is in regards to A La Cart scene with him and Greg. Oh, as for Greg's response to Nick's question if he (Greg) knew about it. I don't really think Greg knew about it, I think he just said that. The Yea, of course I know, but in reality didn't know.

Here's the excerpt:

"We did this scene where we are commenting on Grissom and Sara. And I ask Greg 'Did you know about the two of them the whole time?' And he's like 'Yeah, I'm surprised you didn't.' He walks off and I go: 'That kind of grosses me out!' 'Cut! Don't say the grosses me out part.' 'All right, man, That is kind of creepy.' 'Cut!'

They should have kept that in, or something to that affect anyways.

10. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Thanks for the exerpt, stokesgirl. :)

I agree there should have been some sort of acknnowledgement made. There are many reactions still waiting to be seen. Plus Nick saying either of those is very in character and a very normal reaction to certian things.

11. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

I don't think either one of them had ever wanted to let their relationship affect their work. Nor do I think most people involved in an office relationship want that. It's hard to tell whether anyone has gotten advantages at work from this kind of relationship because everyone has their own judgment so the base line is, in the real world, that you shouldn't give people any reason to doubt you at all. That means when you get involved with a co-worker, either one of you should be responsible enough to leave the work at the very start instead of keeping it as a secret until you can't hide it anymore. Yes, office relationships happen everywhere. Karma follows everywhere, too.

I know it's funny to say that this thread has become way off-topic now since I just posted my opinion as well. lol. Anyway, this is supposed to be a thread where people talk about JF's revelation about her possible return, not where people have a debate on a ship. And I don't know, it seems to me that the thread has gotten a little personal. Some of the the things said aren't even remotely related to either JF, her character or her relationship on the show at all. :(

12. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I agree that in the real world this probably would have played out differently with one or both of them leaving their job to be together. That's why I tried to say that this is a fictional drama and they want to keep the drama going to keep people talking, and typing. And it is a TV show with a cast and with contracts, so they have to work within that framework. And these are writers and actors who, from an artistic standpoint, want to 'complete' a storyline; that is why I think she is coming back. That is why I also think it won't be permanent. I am anxious to see how it all plays out. There are so many variables with the writers strike and the cast's contract renewal questions.
    And I hate to see people bashing JF when we all heard CM and NS say she was coming back; no one ever said for how long, so let's just wait and see.

13. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

no one is bashing JF or her character, but unfortunately her return brings back GSR, which is a storyline people get fired up about.

I want sara to return too...but her return is going to be all about the relationship...which kind of sucks.

14. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Thank you for your civil response. I like Sara and I like the relationship, so I am excited about having some resolution to it, but don't stone me because I want it to turn out good. By the way, I am a HUGE Dexter fan, so we do have that in common!

15. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Here's a question, will Sara be back with the team or put on another shift as she was before she left?