Jorja Fox Promises Return To 'CSI'

She was dating the boss when there were rules stating they weren't supposed to date their superiors or co-workers on the same shift. This is true in many businesses and work places, keeps favortism and such way down.

It that mean, Sara broke the rule and Grissom broke the rules too, you know. He date his student, but she did move to swing shift that she hate it.

Dating :D they live together, and have kept it private. secretive and discreet, which I find admirable and respect them.. and came clean only when it was put out of the table by Ecklie and on 'breaking rules" that's rich, all of them have broke the rules, Sara at least doesn't pick up guys in bars.. And when would anyone chose a job over true love? jobs are a dime a dozen, but a strong relationship is sometimes hard to fine, and I found the 'dynamics' & prefer it the way it was before she was gone! The the last 3 epsiodes were off kilter. Warrick was great, but a piece of CSI was missing SARA, the ones of this season she was in, were the most exciting.. opinions..isn't it great ;) we all have them.. and see things in different perpectives!

desertwind said:
would that make your feel all warm and fuzzy?

i dont think the point was to make fans of sara feel warm and fuzzy, they just wanted to express their opinion on the situation.

i was never a fan of the character, and liked her even less over the past few years. so im in the group that is not excited over a possible return.

however, i do think her departure was less than impressive. i think there are a lot of loose ends to tie up. but again, im in the crowd that has been enjoying the group dynamic/screen time allotment since she left. so i would prefer it if she did not return fully.

And the way I see it is that dating the boss is a horrible way to keep or be at a job. Whether she choose to leave or was forced to go to swing shift the end is still the same, rules were broken and consiquences need to be assigned.

Sara is not the perfect angel you try and make her out to be, she's supposed to be a role model for the other members of the team and that sure didn't pan out very well. Who wants to look up to someone that is supposed to teach them but is breaking the rules of the job they claim to love? It's not the way that a business should be run.

Sorry, but cause and effect needs to be applied. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. There is no reason to give someone back their job when they choose to walk away from it. Whose to say she won't do it again?

And I prefer when Sara was actually doing her work and not worrying how she could advance in the work place. She turned snobby and rude in later seasons because she wasn't getting what she wanted. Again not much of a role model to anyone she is training.

And again I prefer the dynamics now that she is gone. The mood is lighter and there isn't someone brooding around not getting her way. I actually liked Sara back in S1 and S2 but then she changed and became snobbier because of dating the boss, thinking she was better than everyone else. This is not an attitude to have in this line of work.

It's nice to see others being able to have center stage instead of the same thing over and over.

The question I asked, which wasn't answered :(, was how would one feel if their favorite character left?, I used Cath, because she's the other female on CSI, and I don't think Sara is an angel by any regards, she's got her flaws and can get miffed when pushed in a corner, & I like her not so perfect person, as well as her shinning moments.. but role model WHOA :eek: and is the other one a great role model to her daughter? I won't go there, Sara's my role model! I don't like to bash any regular original CSI cast members, & some who find these episodes light, some find dull. the last 2 were great with Warrick, but I kept looking for her.. If I felt so adamant about a team member I probably wouldn't watch the show..and it's strange that some fans are so stringent about "RULES" it happens everywhere, big deal..and conquences HMMMM.. we'll see on that as well And they didn't 'date' they stayed home, their private people, and only went out, when outed in "ALA CART" and were the happiest ever!

PERFECT HARMONY

If I wish to not answer your question that is my right.

and it's strange that some fans are so stringent about "RULES" it happens everywhere, big deal..and conquences HMMMM.. we'll see on that as well

Rules are what make a business run, if everyone is off defying them then no work is going to be accomplished. Many people lose jobs because of doing what they are not supposed to.

As for role model, yes she is one, whether anyone likes to admit it or not. She was teaching Greg and Ronnie, all along defying rules that she was enforcing on them. Not exactly someone who should be training the next generaltion of CSIs.

Hodges was one of the people to pick up on them dating, and he was none too happy to see they getting away with it. There is a line that was crossed, love or not, they defyed the work agreement. Not to mention the trust of their co-workers and bosses. They lied about everything to everyone, again not a pair that should be leading anything if they lie to others.

The Golden Rule comes to mind, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." Surely no one else who works there would like to be lied to, but they were. Again not a good way to keep a stable work environment. Rules are there for a reason, to keep the company/business working snoothly. One wrench in the works through everything and everyong out of wack. Sara was this wrench and when she choose to up and leave left bewildered co-workers and a lot of annoying little pieces to pick up.

That's why if she comes back the already paper thin balance will be thrown off kilter. There are enough problems with the job itself and to throw someone's personal drama into the works is hardly a way to accomplish anything.

Heaven forbid that there are other opnions out there, and they are backed with with reasons why the person feels this way.

desertwind said:
The question I asked, which wasn't answered :(

ill answer it ;)

if my favourite character left, yes id be sad. but life would go on. especially if they left under their own terms and wanted to do something else id be happy for them.

depending on how they left the show, id be fine with them not coming back. but like i said with sara, i think the way she left was pretty crappy and they do need to deal with that by having her back at least once more. it depends on what happened on the show during their abscence if it would be appropriate for them to return full time.

but like i said before, peoples comments werent about a favourite character leaving and returning, they were about a least favourite character leaving and returning. so its a completely different situation. its like how you would feel if hodges left and came back ;)

it happens everywhere, big deal
Ok, I know this is a tV show and everything, but let me tell you, when this sort of affair happens in an office it is a big deal. How do I know? Because it happened where I worked. The dynamics were a little different, but lets see what happened: she was give the title of Marketing Director (never actually did the job), given that title just so she would get paid, got paid a lot of money for NOT doing her job, and lets not forget the favoritism. Needless to say, this is part of the reason this General Manager is no longer working at this company.

Now, I really didn't care if Sara stayed or not. I wasn't a big fan of her character, but I really didn't care. I just wanted the GSR to end.

What Sara and Grissom did was wrong and inappropriate no matter how you look at it. Sara did do the stand up thing and move to swing shift. For many seasons Grissom didn't not return her advances. Why? Because he knew it was wrong.

They kept their relationship a secret and all that could have done was put the whole team in jeopardy. They lied and kept things from the team and all that can do is destroy the team. Oh yea, that's exactly what it did.

Personally, I think the writers should have handled it differently. Everyone shouldn't have been "ok" with it. In fact I know Nick wasn't going to be happy with it, but that was changed. The whole team should be upset about it, look how upset Nick, Warrick, Greg, AND Sara was when Catherine was lying and keeping things from them in "Redrum". I mean for someone who was lying herself and keeping things secret, that is hypocritical.

And for those who are GSR fans, great. But to just get a fact straight: Sara said their relationship was going on for 2 years, Grissom said 9 years. He didn't mean they were in the relationship for 9 years, in his mind he sort of was. He went back to the day they met, not when the relationship actually started.

Also, Grissom proposed to her, she said yes, and lo and behold, kept it a secret again. Why didn't they tell the team? All Grissom is accomplishing is making it easy for his team not to trust or believe in him anymore. Of course, I'm sure the writers won't let that happen.

I also felt no "love" chemistry between Jorja and Grissom. I just can't see it. I could see him more with Terri Miller or maybe Lady Heather, but not Sara. That relationship seemed off.

One more thing, Jorja has said a few times how angry and hurt she was when she was fired. Then why would you want to go back to a show that you were clearly unhappy with. If it's to tie up loose ends fine, other than that she shouldn't come back full time.

What a discussion in here!

I like Jorja/Sara, I wouldn't mind if she returned, but given the last few interviews from herself & Peterson, I get the impression that she'll return for a few epis, only to give reason for Peterson to leave , lame way of doing it or not...just my opinion.

It doesn't make much sence why Jorja would go through all the interviews & make such a big deal of her leaving if she was planning to come back full time, the whole time :confused:

I totally understand fans reactions, though. If she was my favorite, i'd feel the same enthusiam....there's nothing wrong w/ that.

As far as the rules apply, they SHOULD be delt w/ but it's a TV show, rules can bend when it's television. They always seem to. ;) It may be very annoying, but it happens.

The only thing disappointing is what I mentioned before, Jorja made a big deal out of leaving & all her reasons, which is totally fine, that's her wishes. But don't do it & then return to the cast full time as if everything that was said meant nothing.

It's like a star faking his death so he can become some big legend & then show up the next day going "haha" just kidding!
No offense to fans, it just seems wrong to do that.

I guess we'll just have to wait & see how this "reunion" turns out!

:)

Thank's for the up-lifting comments mjszud a breath of fresh air, on understanding Jorja's fans excitment on her returning.. so much doom and gloom :( and Jorja never made a big deal out of it, she stated "I'm just stepping out for a minute" and CM said she'd be back, so actually with the writers strike ending, we can pick up where we left off. and I hope she finally gets some recognition for her amazing acting, they passed her by for her efforts in "Committed" and 'Nesting dolls" and "Empty Eyes" and "Dead Doll" riveting, a nail biter! :eek: and then the clincher "Goodbye And Goodluck" she was outstanding.. she's a sensational actress, so hopefully she might take the big prize for an episode yet to come ;)

sara is not perfect, and she made choices of her own. nobody ever said that she will never break a rule in her life. nobody ever said she needs to be a role model for anybody. and i will never agree that b/c of what she did you can't ever give her another chance.

i would like to see your state of mind after working years on this job, seing death and gore every day, being without any family, and getting attacked by a serial killer. some people here are so harsh on her that i can't believe it.

actions have consequences, i agree, but we don't practice Hannibal's law anymore! there is no eye for an eye in 21 century. the issue of her romance with Grissom has already been resolved on the show. what else would you want to do to her? put her in jail? feed her to another serial killer? she almost died b/c of her relationship, i think that's enough of a punishment.

i'm not talking about GSR here. it doesn't matter who she chose, it could've been Nick or Greg for what it's worth. she found love, and love is not easy to find in such environment that she was living in for years. she went after it, and bless her for it.

rules are rules, but people who have never broke any are mostly a bit ... stiff and boring. rules are not always good. sometimes breaking rules can save your life (in Sara's case i believe it saved her sanity), and sometimes it can save your country. i'm from Poland, and if nobody ever broke the rules when we were still in communism when i was born, i wouldn't be living in a democratic, capitalistic, free country. i don't even know if i would still be alive.

so much doom and gloom :(

Again we're allowed to have opinions, and if someone doesn't want to see the character return, then they have the right to free speech to say so. Many have backed up why they feel the way that they do and all of it is justifiable.

some people here are so harsh on her that i can't believe it.

Then perhaps reading other people's opinions isn't the right thing to do. This is what this board is meant for, others to express how they feel about the show.

Too bad that there are many people who don't like her, we have had to deal with the romance and drama taking time away from the real point of the show.

nobody ever said she needs to be a role model for anybody.

Everyone is a role model whether they like it or not. There is always someone looking up to someone else, no matter how many try to deny it. Younger kids look up to older siblings and Greg and Ronnie looked up to her, yes they think for themsevles. But to be taught the ropes they look to someone experienced to show them the way.

Then perhaps reaing other people's opnions isn't the right thing to do.
i'm not denying your right to having an opinion. i'm merely expressing mine.
Everyone is a role model whether they like it or not.
i don't think it's true. is Natalie Davis a role model to you? is Marylin Manson? you see people every day and it is you who chooses a role model for yourself. it's a person you admire and look up to. you can choose your parents or you can choose the pope. just b/c pope is not a CSI doesn't mean he can't be your spiritual and ethical guide. other CSI's can help you with the technical issues of how to do your job, they don't have to be your guru's. you still can think for yourself, or can you?

to blindly obey the rules is definitely not the way to live. you become a sheep, a robot who follows others' orders. and to be clear i'm not talking about office romance policies, but about the general concept of following the rules set by others. this is where this discussion was derived from--basing on the idea that breaking the rules is always undeniably bad, you stated that it could never be justified. in my previous post i gave you proof that it's not always true, and not everything is black or white.

i'd recommend for you to read a brilliant book by George Orwell 1984. it was written in 1948 and it had a very interesting idea of future, which actually came true to some extent. among other things, it is a study of human psyche in a world where rules cannot be broken by any means. how the rules become such priority that people who report their family to the police (for saying something bad about the government for example) are named heroes. a very interesting, although emotionally heavy read.

I couldn't agree more! I really don't know where people are getting the idea that she is sleeping with the boss to advance her career. They obviously had feelings for each other before she came to Vegas. You can't always help who you fall in love with. And, my god, she has been punished enough already.
I seriously doubt she will return full time. I hope she will return to take Grissom away with her, then maybe people on the boards will leave them alone and find someone else to persecute.

Back