Jorja Fox Promises Return To 'CSI'

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Feb 5, 2008.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

<font color=yellow>Jorja Fox</font> (Sara Sidle) told a television station in Los Angeles last week she will probably return to CSI: Crime Scene Investigation in the future.

"It was harder to leave than it was to stay, for sure," Fox told the KTLA morning show. "[There] will be a moment [when] I will return. [...] I can't tell you when or why or how. [It's] very secretive."

Fox explained why she chose to depart CSI. "[It was] an amazing run. I feel so lucky and grateful for that, and I felt like, 'Okay, here I am, I'm coming into the second half of my life,' and I just wanted to take a breath for a minute and think, 'what would that look like?' It might really look like nighttime TV drama, but I just needed to get off the ride for a second to evaluate it and regroup."

The actress suggested that the violence and dark nature of the show may also have been a reason she wanted to take a break. When the interviewer at KTLA asked whether she might have had a different thougth had she been on a "happy sit-com," Fox admitted it was possible. "I'd love to check out a sit-com, see what that's like. I did one comedy many many years ago, and it was single-handedly probably the most fun I've ever had doing a movie. And it's just because the goal of the day really is to laugh, and hopefully everyone will laugh, and yes, I'd love to [try that.]"

Now that she's off the show, Fox has been working to produce the play Stay Forever, based on the life of <font color=yellow>Dusty Springfield</font>. "[It's] a life and music of Dusty Springfield, going up at the Renberg Theater in Los Angeles for definitely three weeks. [We do] about thirteen Dusty songs in the musical. She had an amazing, interesting, colorful life and very amazing, interesting times. Her career started in the early Sixties, ran almost to the late Nineties. She was up, she was down, she dealt with substance abuse, she was one of the first women in the business that was producing her own music. She had just a really dynamic life. So if you like her music you will love the show."

For more from Fox, check out the full interview at the KTLA web site, or read the transcript at Jorja Fox Online.<center></center>

2. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

Well, hate to say this, but I definitely saw this coming.

This show's becoming so predictable lately, and my like for the show has really begun waning. Anyway, just my two cents.

3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I think they should just give some hints and save themselves the trouble...the spoilers will eventually come out anyway. I know they want to surprise the viewers but I don't know if I think the secretiveness is good or not. Or maybe they just haven't come up with the answers yet, that could be a reason.

I'm glad she's coming back, I hated seeing her leave the way she did.

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

What great news for all fans who adore this character Sara Sidle,[​IMG] and how ironic that it hit here on SUPER TUESDAY, not that it's related, it's just a exciting day all around ;) We all knew when Carol Mendolsohn stated some time back ,that she would return, and her play is only 3 weeks' long, so perfect timing, if this writers strike ends this week, we can pick up where we left off ;) we miss ya' Sara.. hurry back.. and on the secrecy of it all, they know everything but apparently are sworn to secrecy.. and that's just the way it is in show biz!

http://www.csifiles.com/news/201007_01.shtml

[​IMG]

5. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Even if Jorja wants to come back anytime soon it's going to take weeks to get scripts and sets ready to go. Besides she said she wants to surf and take time for herself. Since she's doing the play I don't see how she can really relax, let alone surf.

Though it would be nice to just leave everything as is, better than have a brooding rule breaker around. Especially when she didn't even get punished for her actions...it's not ok to shag the boss and then sometime in the future appear back at the job and everything is alright. Sara has to learn the error of her ways, despite what others may think.

6. bookgirl20

bookgirl20 CSI Level Two

Does anyone else think it's kind of "coincidental" that this report comes out just after the news that Billy Peterson may be leaving?

What if Sara returns just in time, just long enough, to reunite and "ride off into the sunset" with Grissom? (or whatever the appropriate CSI equivilent is)

I mean he sort of knows when he's leaving, she sort of knows when she's coming back but it's all super secretive.

Aw I don't know. That's where my mind goes!

7. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

that would be unbelievably lame :rolleyes:

8. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

*snicker* Too true, xfcanadian.

I really hope they don't draw it out and make it a will she or won't she.

Seems like her leaving forever from CSI was not really true.

9. Desertwind

Jorja Fox never said "forever" as before mentioned she was taking a break/breather, and on her coming back to where we left off, in 'Ala Cart' she and Grissom admitted to Ecklie they'd been in a relationship for 9 years. so I'd think by now fans who watch this show, would be used to that, [like it or not] and finally realize that they are a couple and maybe be accepting, I think if it was another paring, and they'd been together for that long I'd be used to it..by now. David Rambo, is a hugh GSR fan, and has hinted that their already married, so not to get shippy.. time will tell when she returns ;)

http://www.csifiles.com/news/201007_01.shtml

10. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I'm not surprised at all by this, I think it was always in the works. Given the way she departed I would have been more surprised if we never saw her again.

The "moment" probably means she'll guest star in an episode or two. To be honest I'm not particularly interested or excited by this, but I know it will be a relief for many Jorja Fox and Sara Sidle fans. And most likely a ratings winner too.

11. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

I think I could settle if she just guest starred... But if she became a main cast member again, I don't know, it'd just be... disappointing.

12. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

All I can say is that I pray they do not pull off another Aiden Burn on us like they did on CSI NY and have Sara return only to be killed off in the fashion that Aiden did in "Heroes". That would infuriorate me.

13. Desertwind

Here's another concept, what if your favorite character left. say Catherine, you'd be upset and, and sad but then she announced [Marg], "I'm coming back" you'd be elated and excited and happy , and then another fan said "I hope she'll only guest star, anything else would "disapointing" would that make your feel all warm and fuzzy? all of us have favorites on CSI, and this character Sara and star Jorja Fox is very popular, and her fans are estatic ;)

14. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

And all of us have opnions, some would rather the current standings not change. We are simply stating that there is a dynamic that is working on the show right now and has been since she left.

Besides Sara broke rules to have her just come back full time to work means it's alright to break the rules. Common sense would tell anyone that this would be a horrible idea, guest starring is a logical choice. Her character can't go back to full time CSI work, there has to be consiquences for her actions.

15. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

What rules did Sara break? She probably already talk to Ecklie about leaving or take a vacation. They never show that. Like I said, what rules did Sara break? I don't see she broke the rules.