Jim & Catherine - Just flirting?

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by brassfan24, Nov 25, 2005.

1. brassfan24

brassfan24 Pathologist

That is a great pic. Yeah they do look like a couple in that pic. :D That was a great Jimmy/Cath episode. I love when Jimmy works with Cath. They always get some really interesting cases.

2. brassfan24

brassfan24 Pathologist

I was finally happy to see Jimmy and Cath in a couple of scenes together last night. There was no flirting but at least they were on screen together. I hope there is more to come down the road. This is the first time they've had screen time together since Dog Eat Dog. I'm pretty sure anyway. Of course the way my brain works is that Jimmy and Cath are working less together because they're seeing more of each other in their off hours. Well a girl can hope can't she? :lol:

3. beaujolais

beaujolais Lab Technician

Going back to the whole name thing, I've seen a couple of Brass/Catherine shippers refer to the ship as Brillows. I didn't like it when I first heard it but now it's growing on me so that's the one I'm going with.

Until I change my mind.

Which could be tomorrow.

4. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

Regarding the name, take your time with it - it'll come when it's ready to. If necessary, when you're comfortable that all possible names have been suggested, you could always do a poll.

So far, we've got:

Brillows
    Blow
    BMW
    Brath
    Brallows

Ooh, and new, slightly nutty suggestion from me - the WB? :lol:

5. umbrello

umbrello Rookie

Personally I don't like Brillows not only does it remind me of brillow pads but it also sounds like Grillows.

BMW sounds real cool, all we have to do is figure out what the M stands for. :lol:

6. gloosmoos

gloosmoos Prime Suspect

I'm going to give my vote to "the WB". I like it!

7. beaujolais

Does BMW really have to stand for something? Couldn't we just say that it's BMW because Brass and Catherine rev each other's engine? I mean, snickers is a blending of names and Yobling is based on something two characters said. Side note: I never got the whole 'Warrick always says Yo' thing because I've heard Brass say it more, particularly in the early seasons.

8. brassfan24

brassfan24 Pathologist

Well, I'm still partial to BMW but I like the WB too. I'm still hoping we get more Jimmy/Cath screentime this season. And I mean where there's some major flirting going on. They're just so cute together. I always look forward to their scenes.

9. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

I like BMW... and I definitely like this ship. There was an ep, not too far back, where they were talking about relationships and romance, and I just said "woah, that was cute!"

Jim (James) Brass Catherine Willows... i can't think of any!

Brass Will?
    JCat?
    Whim?
    Jamin'(James Catherine

10. gloosmoos

gloosmoos Prime Suspect

After watching "The Finger" last night, it's funny to me that some people say this pairing never occurred to them but they like it. To me it has always seemed like the most obvious pair. In "The Finger" there is a scene where Jim is standing in the doorway to the bathroom while Cath is angry that the guy played her. The scene cuts away to Grissom but if it didn't I have to believe what would follow is Brass giving Cath a nice, comforting embrace. The look on his face was very telling.

11. beaujolais

Oooh, I know that look! That's his "come hither" look and it's dang sexy!

I'm finally going to admit that Brass/Catherine are my OTP.

12. brassfan24

brassfan24 Pathologist

Yeah, I love that episode. Although my favorite Jimmy/Cath eppy is One Hit Wonder. They worked so great together in that episode. But then again they work great together period. Hopefully one day it will professionally and personally. I'm still hoping. Although I'm not oppposed to Jimmy being paired with other women ( women being the word. I don't like slash when it involves Jimmy) but I think Catherine is really the only woman for him. They complement each other perfectly. And ever since Bite Me there's been absolutely no flirting between them. Not even in Dog Eat Dog. But the hot dog eating contest scene was really cute, really disgusting, but really cute with them. And then there was the sweet moment when Jimmy was being interrogated by Ortega and you could tell Catherine just wanted to take Jimmy in her arms and hold him. And I believe she would have if that a**hole Ortega hadn't been there. So basically what I'm saying is I'm waiting for more flirting from my favorite couple. Well, actually I'm waiting, more than anything, for them to get together. All right, done now. :lol:

13. beaujolais

I've seen a great many positive comments about a Brass/Catherine ship on other forums so I thought I'd bump it up.

Oh, and as for names, I saw someone mention Brasscat. I really liked that one.

14. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

I think Brasscat is awesome, beaujolais. What does everyone else think?

15. Guest

Guest Guest

they just have great chemistry and they have so many things in common. they've both been through a divorce and have estranged daughters. they'd understand each other well and would be very compatible.

warrick brings out the young, sexy side in Cath but i think she realizes that she wants to be more of a mom than a woman right now. brass would be the perfect man to offer her stability in her life. plus, they both have the same sense of humor. brass needs someone to lighten up his life and cath needs someone she can depend on.

i like Billows or BMW... very cute ideas!