Jim & Catherine - Just flirting?

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by brassfan24, Nov 25, 2005.

1. brassfan24

brassfan24 Pathologist

I've always been a Jim/Cath shipper ever since I saw Pledging Mr. Johnson. Now I know there's a lot of Cath/Warrick shippers out there, so don't hate me for wanting this ship. I just think that Jim and Cath would be great for each other. I've seen a few sparks when they've flirted. Not only that, I've now made myself a banner to show I'm officially a Jim/Cath shipper.

2. gloosmoos

gloosmoos Prime Suspect

Yes, finally! I've been meaning to create a thread for this too but kept forgetting. Thank you, Brassfan24!

I've been a fan of these two together since I started watching the show. My first episode was "The Finger" and I actually thought they were a pair. They just have the best chemistry. After the honeymoon comment in "Bite Me", I have hopes that TPTB finally got some sense and are getting these two together. Jim is perfect for Catherine and he's so good with kids that I know he'd be great for Lindsey.

3. brassfan24

brassfan24 Pathologist

You're very welcome. I know I don't know why I didn't do it sooner. Well as I said I've been a Jim/Cath shipper since Season 1 episode 4. That's a long time to have hopes. But since the flirting seems to be increasing this season maybe we'll finally see some action.

Also I have to mention that in A Bullet Runs Through It, Part 1, when Jim was being interrogated by Ortega and Cath was there, you could tell that she wanted to embrace him when he broke down in tears but she knew she had to keep a professional attitude.

Also, gloosmoos I loved "The Finger" too. When Cath broke down in the bathroom and Jim had such a sypathetic look on his face like he wanted to make all her hurt go away. They'd, in my opinion, make the perfect couple.

Also, I wrote a fanfic that paired Jim and Cath together. It's very steamy but I'll give the link to it.

link removed due to R/M Rated content

4. gloosmoos

gloosmoos Prime Suspect

I was thinking the same thing about that interrogation scene and I'm so glad that Catherine was the one sitting across from him. You could tell that she was seeing a side of Jim that she'd never seen before. The look on her face when his voice first broke was so telling. And then when he started to lose it, you could tell that she was trying her best to keep it together as well. Although to me, PG carried the scene, I thought MH did a wonderful job with that scene as well. Her emotions were subtle but perfect. Jim's her friend and it was upsetting to see him go through all that. Whether it really happened or not, my day dreams are that Catherine was the one to help Jim get through that rough period.

Thanks for the link to your story. I'll check it out. I've found some very good Brass/Catherine stories including one over on CSI Forensics called "Courtship".

5. grisslybear

grisslybear CSI Level Two

I also think this would be a very good pairing. Both of them have a good sense of humor, Brass can definitely make Catherine laugh and he would be great for her and Lindsay.

6. brassfan24

brassfan24 Pathologist

Thanks, gloosmoos, I haven't read "Courtship" but I'll definately check it out.

And I totally agree that Jim would make a great dad for Lindsey. I could see him wanting to take care and be there for her like he never was for Ellie.

Also another great Jim/Cath moment was in "Precious Metal" when they made the comment about weapons of mass destruction. Loved the smile that Jim gave Cath.

7. gloosmoos

gloosmoos Prime Suspect

Didn't Jim and Catherine have a drink in his office at the end of one of the S5 episodes?

I can totally see Jim wanting to make things right by doing better with Lindsey. He made so many mistakes with Ellie that he would never make a second time.

Oh, and the Courtship story was listed under Catherine/other in Ship Ahoy.

8. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

It was only a matter of time before this ship sailed - it's good to see :)

brassfan24, I'm afraid I had to remove the link to your fic due to the fact that it was M-Rated (ff.net equivalent to R-Rating) Unfortunately, we're not allowed to directly link to anything rated above PG-13 from the board. However, if anyone is interested in getting the link from you, you can give it out via PM. Many thanks ;)

9. brassfan24

brassfan24 Pathologist

Not a problem, forensicsgirl.

gloosmoos, yes Jim and Cath had a drink together at the end of "Formailities". And I loved the end scene they shared in "King Baby". Even though Gil was there.

And I watched "Fur and Loathing" again last night. Jim and Cath were totally hilarious together. And the little looks they gave each other when they were interrogating Bud was just too cute.

10. gloosmoos

gloosmoos Prime Suspect

Mentioning "Fur and Loathing" always reminds me of Catherine's line about liking furry guys. That always makes me think, hey, Jim's a furry guy...

Another excellent Jim and Catherine scene is from "Feeling the Heat". Love watching the two of them work that baby case together and the looks they exchange when the baby's mother is in Jim's office. They just work so well together.

11. brassfan24

brassfan24 Pathologist

I know. That's why it makes me believe that there's definately more than flirting going on. I love when Jim and Gil work together, but I love it even more when Jim and Cath have a case together. Like last night's "Dog Eat Dog". The scene at the hot dog eating contest was pure Jim/Cath all the way. They were awesome.

And yeah your right Jim is a furry guy. And hey Jim's even more furry than Warrick. Sorry YoBling shippers. It's just how I feel. I want Jim and Cath together more than anything.

12. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

I agree these two could make a fun couple. I loved them in Dog Eat Dog at the HotDog eating contest. They looked like they were having so much fun together. This could be a very intersting thread. :D

13. brassfan24

brassfan24 Pathologist

Yes they would make a fun couple. It would definately make the show more interesting. Not that it's not interesting now, I mean it keeps me hooked. Anyway, here's a pic of Jim and Cath from the scene in Pledging Mr. Johnson that made me a Jim/Cath shipper. They're so cute together.

Jim and Cath

14. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

Tee Hee...yeah I have a picture similar to one. I really loved the fact that Jim offered to take Cath on a honeymoon on his dime if she wanted to go in Bite Me. He has been through a divorce as well and I think he can really understand where Cath is coming from. Makes me wonder back when she was a stripper if Brass ever went and supported her or even knew her then.

I like this one from the episode Inside The Box.
    [​IMG]

15. GraveyardIntern

GraveyardIntern Pathologist

This ship is possible. I've always seen them have a special bond kind of like Gil and Cath's. It's like a really good friendship that could develop into something else. They have great moments and I must admit that they do have great chemistry. :D

I'm glad to see the ship depart from port..it's about time.