Jake/Johnny #1: 'So Distracted By That Guy'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by _Calleigh_, Nov 2, 2006.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I don't think it came out in theaters here either. I think it was a straight to video release.

2. Lambchop

Lambchop Rookie

It didn't do as well as everyone thought it would. But it was fun!! I liked it and I might buy it on DVD. :cardie: At least I'm thinking about it.....

3. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Really??? :eek: I thought I saw a lot of trailer for the theater in the U.S.A.
    Gosh I have to wait for the DVD:scream:

4. GregNickRyanFan

It might have been in theaters in like Cali or NY or something, but not here in my state. :lol: Which actually doesn't surprise me. :lol:

5. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Gosh I didn't know it:lol:.

Anyway I can't wait for his return
    I'm curious to know what TPTB have built up for his character now.
    I didn't like what happened in "Stand Your Ground" (his last episode) to his character 'cause I didn't find it realistic. When I watched it I was like "oh well next time we'll discover he's a terrorist and made a building w/ lots of people explode"...you know that episode gave me that kind of idea & I didn't like it. Now I'd like to see that my thoughts aren't going to be confirmed by TPTB:lol:.
    Now they have to build up something believable for his character 'cause they didn't do it very well till now:rolleyes:.
    Anyway here's a pic of our boy
    [​IMG]:drool::drool:

6. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Ahhaa cute pic!! I love the scruff on his face :p

Well we never know, tptb could turn him around - see spoiler box. Im my own opinion, I don't think they've made Jake out to look much like the ultimate bad boy, even in 'Stand your Ground'.
    To me, he was just shown as slightly iffy & left more to the imagination of the viewers as to how they wanted to look at him.
    But coming from tptb themselves I didn't see it that bad & they managed to justify some of his actions when he helped Calleigh at the end. That counts for something!
    If the true intention was to show Jake as a really bad guy then they would have done so in a more believable (& more obvious) manner.

Clearly when you see this show, they've shown true bad guys in the past & have given the true feel of the characters being bad - they haven't done that with Jake.

Now with this story they have a nice opportunity to justify him once again. I do think he's helping Horatio stage his death. I can't think of anything he could possibly profit from in doing any harm to H - though Im sure for s**ts & giggles tptb will play him a bit "iffy" again just to toy with viewers. ;) They can always leave that open to throw in thier curveballs later in the season, as I have a feeling that is what they will do.
    For the most part though, it sounds convincing that he would take part in this given his UC work. Im not so sure about the gang thing though...that still leaves a :wtf: on my face. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2008
  7. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well I'm not saying that Jake appeared a bad guy....or that they wand to show him a bad guy.
    The problem, to me, is that TPTB doesn't know how to handle Jake's character.
    Surely it was showed in "Stand Your Ground": as you said if they wanted to turn him as a bad guy the could have easily done it by making him not hel Cal at the end of the episode. He helped her & that showed he's a good guy (I didn't need that thing to know it) but the reciept, to me, was something to make people thinkg he's a bad guy.
    Also in "Going Under", "Going Going Gone" and lots of other episodes they showed him both as a good guy & bad guy that I don't understand their intention. It really looks like they don't know how to handle Jake:lol:
    I'm sure 100% Jake is helping H, no doubts about it. The only doubt I've got is this one: are they going to show him again both good & bad??? I don't know what they want to do w/ him and I'm afraid they're gonna use him as one of the first suspects and then show him as a good guy who helped H staging his death. I know it can be interesting but it's getting boring.
    I'd like to see him as a good guy from the beginning till the end of one episode;)
    Ok here's what I found while looking for something about Johnny:lol:
    As you know Johnny's hairstyle is pretty peculiar & here's a website where they teach you how to obtain it:lol:.
    mjszud you can try to convince your hubby:guffaw:
    Johnny's hairstyle

8. mjszud

mjszud Captain

That is so funny they actually have a "how-to" on Johnny's hair!! :lol:
    Who could blame them though, the man does have nice hair. ;)

I wish!!! :lol: Hubby's slowly starting to lose his hair so it's not even possible! :p

9. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I totally agree it's pretty peculiar but it's cute at the same time. If only I were a brush :lol::devil:.
    Nice Hair

Oh it's such shame your hubby can't have his hair :lol::p

10. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

11. GregNickRyanFan

Thanks for those, Florry. That second one is just HOT! :lol: Mind if I use some of these to make icons/banners, etc.?

You know what's funny? My cable messed up a few minutes into the show, so the pic was all snowy, but when they first showed Jake, the picture cleared up until his first scene was over, then it messed up again. :lol:

12. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Yes he was seriously hott last night with that stubble. Those are great caps Flo! Thanks for sharing.

13. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I don't mind at all & you are all welcome :thumbsup:

Wow is Jake so powerful??? :lol:
    Seriously he was hot & such a sweet guy that at the end I was "awww"

14. GregNickRyanFan

Loved when he said he did it for Calleigh. That was so sweet. And the look he gave her when she said "I can't live like that" and then he caressed her face and then kissed her lightly. That was the best. It's almost as if he was saying, "I respect your position, but don't think I'm going to give up on us that easily." :lol:

15. Lambchop

Lambchop Rookie

My favorite line is 'I didn't do it for the case Calleigh. I did it for you.'

If he hadn't kissed her, I would have screamed at the TV set.

Thank you Florry86 for all the great pictures of Jake. I can't find any screencaps of him from that episode anywhere. I'm really bummed.

But at least I have yours. Thank you.