Is Danny a Slut?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Apr 20, 2008.

?

Is Danny a slut?

1. Hell yes--the biggest one on either side of the Mississippi!

16 vote(s)
    19.8%
  2. No way--he's just a sweet boy in the big, bad city.

9 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Sort of, but he means well.

30 vote(s)
    37.0%
  4. Has he given it up for Flack yet?

26 vote(s)
    32.1%
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^Season one Danny would have and should have thrown in the towel with Lindsay when she stood him up and walked away while he was trying to be a friend to her. But even in season one, Danny had a sweetness and a vulnerability to him.

He really is a sweet character. He cares about people, and tries to do the right thing. The cases and victims get to him in ways they just don't for the other characters. It's definitely a big part of why I love the character.

2. CrushinOnMesser

CrushinOnMesser Dead on Arrival

If "IS DANNY A SLUT?" was yelled in the lab and there was a show of hands of a significant number of people that he had slept with in the lab...
    Then then and only then would I think he is that.
    (doubt it'll happen anytime soon though.)

Personally the last option was to good to pass up... so I'm guilty

Lindsay: I think he was intrigued by her and made a move. When she didn't responed the way he could have wanted her too, he just did his best to not make it a big deal. When she finally did responded, he just did the same thing... didn't make it a big deal.

Rikki: A mutual understanding between two consenting adults:borg: I just think both were hurting in someway and needed a pick-me-up. That's what they provided for one another, nothing more than that. It was just to numb the pain.

I don't like the term slut, but if it were a woman I'm sure it still would not come to mind. He has been seen getting a certain amount of attention from the opposite sex (girl on subway, student in dorm:drool:) He has turned a few down (suicide girl, dominatrix) I think that Danny is a healthy young man (physically):devil:

We know Danny to have quite a few intamacy and trust issues. It's not surprising that he's not in a commited relationship. I'm sure he's hungry for that type of intamacy, but not hungry enough to want the consequenses it brings: hurt, betrayal, disappointment.

The closest thing he does have to that is his friendship with Flack and that's because it's simple, reliable. He doesn't have to worry about it and I think that's about the only thing he's after right now.

3. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

I'm glad to know I'm not the only person out there doing that... haha:guffaw:

I think he kind of is, but he's just being him, and what I mean by that is, he's a young guy who's good looking and single. He means well, but I don't know if he's ready to commit completely yet. And I mean, with Rikki, they're both looking for comfort. I think he's not a slut, but kind of is.

Last edited: May 1, 2008
  4. Redsiren

Redsiren Hit and Run

I really wouldn't put him in the slut category. It's not as if he's going for a different girl every episode. I think he's just trying to find his way and he's still young, so he's gonna flub up every now and then. So long as he's not jumping beds every night and doing it with the mere intention of getting satisfaction, then he's okay in my book. Guys will be guys, as any chick that has more guy friends than girl friends will tell you. :p

5. CSI808

CSI808 Rookie

I said Danny is a slut just to say it. I mean, who could resist calling Danny a slut!? :p

6. Surreal_44

Surreal_44 Hit and Run

^^ Ditto. Besides, Danny wears man-whore clothes. Who can forget all the thin tight sweaters he wears? If he were a female, he'd be in competition with Stella on who wears the most revealing clothing. :devil:

7. Top41

After seeing "Personal Foul," I would definitely say he's a slut. :lol: The guy needs to figure out what he actually wants. :lol:

8. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I still think "slut" is the wrong word for Danny. After watching PF I think "dumbass" suits him much better. :p

9. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Yeah, seriously--I was gonna come in and post 'No, he's not a slut, but he's a frickin' moron.' :rolleyes:

That man is so fucked up. *sigh* I love the character, but it's true.

10. Top41

:lol: I think he's just beyond confused and damaged.

He should stick with the guy he went to the basketball game with. ;) :lol:

11. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

If the answer to the last option isn't, "Yes, regularly and with vigor", then Flack has the patience of a saint to deal with Danny and not get a little somethin'-somethin' in return.

12. Top41

Flack really is ridiculously devoted--his "you should piss off Lindsay more often" implies he'd definitely like more of Danny's time at the very least. ;) The last option has never seemed so pertinent. :lol:

But in all serious, after seeing how Danny interacted with both Lindsay and Rikki, I do think he's confused. Beyond confused even. I don't think he knows what he wants. He misses Lindsay--understandable, since she's been giving him the cold shoulder, and nothing gets Danny more upset than being shut out (see "On the Job," "What You See Is What You See," "Raising Shane"). He's all ready to pull away from Rikki--until she tells him she's moving and he gets upset again and clearly doesn't want her to go.

I think all in all, Danny's just simply one of the most damaged men on television right now. I really hope at some point we find out what made Danny the way he is.

13. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

I agree. That was just assinine, oportunistic, slutty jerkwad behavior. OK, Linds says no, so guess what, let's try and bang Rikki one more time. :wtf:

Yeah, I get that he's damaged goods to begin with, then he's hurt and confused by the events of the past couple of months, but still, it seems just so cold and raunchy that I was just sitting there stunned. I honestly wanted to throw something through my TV at that last part with the phone call to Lindsay and the "sugar" scene with Rikki. :mad:

Before PF, I would have said, Sort of, but he means well, because he seemed to be coming from a genuine place, but now....UGH.

14. origin-nknwn

origin-nknwn Rookie

It'd be a damn sight more entertaining too. :p

I think that he wants to keep everyone happy - he wants his own pain to go away, he wants to help Rikki with hers and he doesn't want to hurt Lindsay. However, for every crack he smooths over, another one appears. Danny hasn't realised that you can't please everyone and he's making a helluva mess trying. :(

A world of YES!

15. Top41

He turned Rikki down when she came to his door. :confused: It was when she told him she was leaving that he went into some sort of abandonment mode and got upset. He didn't offer it up, but I think if she'd made a move on him, he would have gone along with it.

I think it just shows how confused and uncertain Danny is. I don't think he knows what he wants--other than that he doesn't want to be alone.

Agreed. Danny doesn't want people mad at him, or people to give up on him. It's not just women--we've seen it with Mac, too. The only one he seems to trust not to just dump and abandon him is Flack.