Is Danny a Slut?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Apr 20, 2008.

?

Is Danny a slut?

1. Hell yes--the biggest one on either side of the Mississippi!

16 vote(s)
    19.8%
  2. No way--he's just a sweet boy in the big, bad city.

9 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Sort of, but he means well.

30 vote(s)
    37.0%
  4. Has he given it up for Flack yet?

26 vote(s)
    32.1%
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Because, let's face it, if we were talking about a female character, we would have been having this discussion long ago. :rolleyes: ;)

Danny loses a bet at pool--sleeps with Lindsay to pay it off. Danny leads Lindsay on--he makes her think he's interested when it appears he's really not. Danny feels responsible for the death of a child--so he gives it up for the kid's mother. Not to mention his comment in season one in "Tanglewood" about having "girlfriends" for sex, and of course, his multiple girlfriends/flirtations in season two.

So, folks, what say you--is Danny a slut?

(Have fun with this one, guys. ;) )

2. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I voted no.

He mentioned a girlfriend in a couple of episodes and talked to subway girl after she flirted with him twice, but the only two people we've seen him sleep with on the show are Lindsay and Rikki. And he slept with Rikki out of grief/guilt/need to comfort which, I don't necessarily condone, but understand. Obviously I don't think Lindsay and Rikki are the only women he's slept with, but I think if we were supposed to view Danny as a slut we'd have seen him hitting the sheets (or pool table) and/or cooking breakfast the morning after a lot more than twice.

I don't think Danny lead Lindsay on either. He was attracted to her and she was attracted to him. Even when she pushed him away he was a friend to her and even after they slept together he remained a friend to her. The one time they did have sex Lindsay initiated it. Lindsay mistaking sex for love or falling in love with Danny when Danny didn't fall in love with her or them not communicating and being on the same page with each other doesn't make Danny a slut.

I always interpreted Danny's comment to Aiden to mean that whatever girlfriend he had at the time was the one who satisfied him. I didn't take it as he has multiple girlfriends at the same time.

Also, there have been several women who over the seasons have blatantly hit on Danny and suggested they wanted to have sex with him and he turned them all down. If he was a slut I don't think he would have done that.

Personally I think if Danny were Danielle and she had the same experiences with men, many women would balk at the suggestion she was a slut.

3. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I voted for the last one. :p I don't care if he's a slut or not just as long as he gives it up to Flack sometime.

He told Aiden "I have girlfriends for that" in one episode which makes me think that he doesn't see anybody steady and does sleep around or he sees the same ones steadily. Any way about it, if Danny was a female people would think he was a slut.

4. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I also voted for the last one. As long as the other kinkapoodle is getting 'it', then I'm all good.

But I don't necessarily call him a slut.

5. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

He kinda is a slut. I think that Carmine himself implied that in an interview. But I went with the last one, it was too darn tempting :D

6. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I just have to add that PerfectAnomaly, 1CSIMFan, and my avatars' in a row are so hypnotizing. :lol:

7. only_true_love

only_true_love Lab Technician

I voted the last one. It def. was too tempting to choose that one. :devil: And even though I voted the last one, he is a bit of a slut or some people would say 'player'.

The odd thing is I was a bit peeved at him for sleeping with the neighbor lady. Odd b/c even though I once was a D/L shipper, i have felt in many ways they were over. But if he was seeing Flack (I ship Danny/Flack now), casually or seriously & what happened, happened I would have been wanting to slap Danny up side the head and be WTF were you thinking.

*sorry for the ramble, hopefully that made some sense! lol*

8. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Oh, Top. :lol: ILU BB!

(I don't think I could pick anything other than the last option because really, c'mon...)

Last edited: Apr 20, 2008
  9. magicmunchies

magicmunchies Lab Technician

^Haha! I had to pick that last one :) Bromance lives! One thing though-Shouldn't Danny be a manwhore not a slut? I dunno.....

I don't think Danny is a that much of a slut/manwhore. He had moments of manwhoreishness but he's not like Mark Sloan...I mean he doesn't go on about all the many hundreds of women hes shagged or something like that :lol:

10. origin-nknwn

origin-nknwn Rookie

I voted Sort of, but he means well, though I was tempted to vote for the last option... :lol:

I think it is inferred on occasion that Danny is a bit of a player, however there have been a few times on the show where a woman has blatantly hit on him and he's not taken the bait. If he were truly a man-whore, he'd have been off with all of them, no questions asked.

11. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I agree with PA. No, I really don't think he's a slut.

Although, thinking about Lindsay's 'footage from your 30th birthday party Messer' comment in season 2 makes me wonder if he has had a bit of a reputation in the past for liking some action. :lol:

:lol: Everytime someone mentions Mark Sloan I think 'Diagnosis Murder'. Damn these same-named characters.

12. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

Hmmm, I voted 'sort of, . . . . .', but I'm really not sure. I think he's just a guy who projects a certain kind of image. He's a flirt and I don't think he's had any shortage of girlfriends (or 'companions'). At the moment I think he's trying to chase away his guilt and pain by sleeping with Rikki, with the added benefit of comforting her.

I know some people see him as taking advantage of both Lindsay and Rikki but I don't think that's the case with either of them. I think he and Lindsay started off on the wrong foot and there's now a whole lot of communication issues between the two of them. As for Rikki, it's just a short term thing imo and I suspect he will end up single for a while albeit possibly a 'short' while.

I think he loves women but like a lot of guys doesn't really know what to do with them other than the obvious. :drool:

13. xPORCELAINDOLLx

xPORCELAINDOLLx Dead on Arrival

I voted sort of because, yes, he's done some things that are a little bit slutty (Sex with Lindsay on the pool table to pay off a bet) but then there are times when you can see past the part of him that seems like a slut and you can see a person who just doesn't want to hurt anymore (having sex with Rikki to get over Ruben). And the comments? Well, if you believe everything a guy says about his sex life...

So um, yeah. I think Danny has sex for a multitude of reasons, sometimes for fun, but a lot of the time I think it's because he doesn't like to be alone.

14. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

Voted for #3. Yes, Danny can be sort of... slutty. :lol: He means well though. He does things out of guilt and feelings. I guess he's less manwhore-y than he was before though! He turned down the Suicide Girl and the dominatrix, so he deserves some credit. He doesn't literally sleep around. :p

15. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

I was drinking sprite and then my eyes read over "Is Danny a Slut?" and I almost spit my drink out. :lol:

I voted for the last option. It was too tempting.

I think he can be a manwhore but it doesn't make him a bad person, does it? :p