Is Danny a Slut?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Apr 20, 2008.

?

Is Danny a slut?

1. Hell yes--the biggest one on either side of the Mississippi!

16 vote(s)
    19.8%
  2. No way--he's just a sweet boy in the big, bad city.

9 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Sort of, but he means well.

30 vote(s)
    37.0%
  4. Has he given it up for Flack yet?

26 vote(s)
    32.1%
  1. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Agreed. He wants approval, and seeks it out in the worst ways. I also notice that Flack is the only one who's consistently accepted him for who he was, and hasn't been judgemental towards him. Yeah, he chewed him out a bit in "All in the Family," because Danny was being really difficult, but he never said "NO." and never pawned him of on someone else as their problem.

2. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

I think part of that comes from the night he was supposed to go to AC with his brother, and then everything else happened with Sonny Sassone. I mean, Danny mentions how he got a little frustrated that Louie didn't really speak to him all that time and how he abandoned him. I think that still wears on him, and deeply affects his current relationships with those around him.

There's also probably more to the story than what we've seen thus far, and I'd really like to find out what it is.

3. PalmettoHunna

PalmettoHunna Hit and Run

I picked no, once again I do not know if I just live in post MTV very librel world, or if Sex in the City got the better of me. But Danny is a single man and acts like one. He does not seem to have a constant stream of one night stands, but if you are not married or deeply religous living in a big city then his behavior is really rather tame.

Believe it or not people have sex with people they are not in a commited relationship with (even down here in the boondocks, shocking I know). It happens but he is grown man (grown and sexy I might add) his behavior is perfectly healthy and completely normal. He does not seem overly sexual active to me. Then again what do I know.

4. CSIFan119

CSIFan119 Hit and Run

I don't think that he is a "slut". He took comfort with Rikki for obvious reasons. I think that because of the situation he pushed the ones he was close with away due to his depression. I'm not saying his actions are justified but they are understandable to me at least.

5. Touby

Touby Civilian

is danny a slut? ....
    not really. i think that every actor in csi:ny are dating occassionally with other people; Danny's the only one of whom we get all the scoops of, whenever he's dating with someone. and they have a word for the kind of behaviour he's showing: common male behaviour. no need to call him a slut..

6. CSINYAddict

CSINYAddict Rookie

I sometimes see him as one to be fully honest. In my opinion, he exhibits some characteristics of one. If his character was a female, 'she' would be automatically classified as a "slut"

7. Touby

Touby Civilian

i'm so in with you on that..

I never seem to get why...could anyone answer that?

8. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^Because society is far, far harder on women than it ever will be on men. *sigh*

Which is part of the reason I started this thread, actually...I'm no fan of Lindsay's, but I bet if she'd slept with another guy she would have been called a slut by some. So I thought it was a worthy topic of discussion, more for the way Danny uses sex than for how many partners he's had. I do think Danny kind of gives it away to appease/please people.

9. jolein

jolein Pathologist

I`m going with a lot of people and voted a sort of.
    But it does depend on how you take the meaning of Slut.

10. Touby

Touby Civilian

thank you..:D

11. MissKraft

MissKraft Rookie

Dang.....

There are quite a number of strong, moving statements here. I do not believe I disagreed with any of them.

Taking the title of this post into account, could I be the next woman in line?

:devil:

12. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I notice there are very few votes for flat out "no." Most people seem to think he's at least sort of slutty--or that he should give it up for Flack. :lol:

13. Rad

Rad Hit and Run

Yeah! The famous double standards have always existed & will continue to exist. That said, I dont think Danny is a slut. It seems to be his way of coping with things. Tho' he did intentionally go at it with Rikki, with Lindsay, she made the move. Would he have taken it to the next level with her on his own?

A lot of Danny's behaviour is due to the kind of person he is. A person who is very easily prone to guilt. I understand that 'cos my husband is like that. Tho', no, my hubby doesnt sleep around (he'd better not if he knows what's good for him ;)) but over the years I have seen how his family manipulate him & its very frustrating.

Danny likewise is very emotional & empathatic & easily agitated & this leads to him being in situations that end up leaving him with a more guilty complex. Remember "On the Job"? His emotions always get the better of him. Danny is truly one of the most complex characters on the show.

14. Sammy11

Sammy11 Police Officer

He needs to give in to his clearly obvious feelings for the blue-eyed honey with the bad ties!

Seriously, re-watching episodes and watching new ones, they both just need to GO THERE ALREADY!

I've been thinking about this... is Hawkes the only one we haven't seen in some form of in flagrante?

Stella/ Frankie
    Mac/ Peyton
    Adam/ Kendra?
    Flack/ Devon
    Lindsey/ Danny
    Danny/ Rikki

(The only other people I could think off were Sid and Angell - that would be an interesting couple... )

ETA:

I agree. With Rikki and Lindsey he was trying to ease the guilt he was feeling about making them feel bad.

Sleeping with Rikki because she wanted it (not that he didn't) and chasing after Lindsey trying to get her to talk to him after she told him she loved him but didn't want to anymore.

I think this goes back to what a few people mentioned on page three. In personal foul, Danny breaking down after Rikki leaving and being left hanging by Lindsey I think was for Danny possibly the worst thing that could have happened to him (well apart form the little boy you are looking after getting shot).

He always tries to make the people around him happy. Both people who he was close too are leaving him.

And he can't fix it. As he sees it he hurt them and now they are leaving, and he probably sees it as all his fault.

Last edited: May 22, 2008
  15. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

In Lindsay's case she is flat out blaming him for what she's feeling and how she's handling the situation. That is just disasterous for someone who feels guilt even when people try and tell him things aren't his fault. It also sets it up nicely for Danny to run back to Lindsay and do everything he can to be the most perfiktest boyfriend evar because he desperately needs acceptance and reassurance and Lindsay will only give it to him if he behaves the way she wants him to behave. If TPTB would play it that way instead of trying to make it teh twu wuv; their relationship, and Lindsay as a character, might actually be interesting.