Is Danny a Slut?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Apr 20, 2008.

?

Is Danny a slut?

1. Hell yes--the biggest one on either side of the Mississippi!

16 vote(s)
    19.8%
  2. No way--he's just a sweet boy in the big, bad city.

9 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Sort of, but he means well.

30 vote(s)
    37.0%
  4. Has he given it up for Flack yet?

26 vote(s)
    32.1%
  1. garysloveslave

garysloveslave Dead on Arrival

he cheated on lindsey, yeah hes a major slut........:eek::wtf:

2. Sammey

Sammey Victim

I wouldn't go as far as calling him a .. slut. Is that even a proper word to use? :lol:.

As far as we know he's only cheated once right? Would that be considered a slut?

But I'm defiantly not pleased with his character right now, I get that he was coping and everything, but that's not a reason to cheat at all.

3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

We don't know yet if he cheated on Lindsay or not. Until that's confirmed on the show I don't get using that as a reason to call him a slut.

4. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

It's interesting. I'm just reading this book called 'Why men don't have a clue and women always need more shoes', and among other things, it deals with the way men and women see relationships.
    According to the book, it's entirely possible for a man to date a woman a few times, maybe even sleep with her, and still not see that they're in a relationship, let alone an exclusive one. So in theory, Danny could be simply oblivious to the fact that he and Lindsey are in fact an exclusive item, even though that's the way she's seeing it. It's all about evolution baby!

5. Flacknatic

Flacknatic Hit and Run

Well I voted for the last one just cuse I am a Danny/Flack shipper. However, I do think you could now fit Mr. Messer for his big scarlett "A".

Last edited: Apr 22, 2008
  6. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

:|

Danny and Lindsay aren't married, so he hardly committed adultery. Perhaps he committed stupidity, but I personally think there's a big difference between possibly cheating on someone you may or may not have been in an exclusive relationship with and running out on your spouse.

7. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I agree that he hardly committed adultery. We don't even know if Danny and Lindsay were together or not and so far it looks like she thought they were but he didn't.

8. origin-nknwn

origin-nknwn Rookie

With a title like that, that has to be by Allan and Barbara Pease. I read another of their books, Why Men Don't Listen & Women Can't Read Maps, which was more about how the brain works in each half of the species but had a section on love and relationships.

It states that humanity is not monogamous by nature and that in fact men are wired to be promiscuous - which makes sense given their dangerous task of hunter-gatherer all those years ago. There hasn't been enough evolution to breed out this particular trait in men just yet - in fact, one of the principles of the book is that humanity's level of evolution is woefully inadequate for the modern world.

9. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I love that "sort of" and "Has he given it up for Flack yet?" are the two leading options, and that they're tied. :lol:

I think with regards to Lindsay, Danny really didn't think they were exclusive. To me, it seems obvious from both of their behavior that she thought they were more serious than he did.

Either way, he needs to just give it up for Flack. ;) :devil:

10. Sammy11

Sammy11 Police Officer

I quite like the "Moonlighting" aspect of that particular relationship though... the whole dance of COME ON GET IT ON ALREADY.

Adds a little something.

Re: Danny automatically being a slut IF he cheated on Lindsey, I have to agree with everyone on here saying that judging from their talk, that neither were on the same page as to where they stood with each other.

Plus cheating doesn't make you a slut, makes you a liar and possibly a coward. I don't define the term "slut" on how many partners somebody has had, its more of an attitude, I knew girls how were virgins but their behaviour was slutty, like I know women who have had many sexual partners but are incredibly demure.

It's an attitude not a lifestyle.

11. origin-nknwn

origin-nknwn Rookie

I think that is something a lot of people forget when they are using terms to define promiscuity. There is no measure set in stone that decides a person is promiscuous - it is generally their attitude towards sex that decides whether they are promiscuous or not, not the notches on the bedpost.

12. Ticamo77

Ticamo77 Hit and Run

Danny is just naïve about women. The writers obviously weren’t sure how they were going to present Danny, as he was a bit sexist in early season one and then a pushover come season three. It’s that drastic change that makes this a little hard to answer. Sexist Danny would have moved on to the next woman. Pushover Danny wants to just make you happy and not argue with him anymore.

At this present state, Danny is what Carmine claims to be… “a utility guy”, as you can use him for whatever you want. Right now, Danny will do anything to please a woman so that she won’t be hurt, angry, or annoyed with him. So, if Lindsay wants to use him as a punching bag, she can. If Rikki wants to use his guilt over Ruben, she can use Danny for sex.

I don’t think Danny’s actions are deliberate in the sense that he isn’t offering sex to these women. They are playing on his emotions, feelings and willingness to do anything, including sex, to make them feel better. So, he isn’t being a slut on purpose. He’s just allowing himself to be used. That says a lot about the complexity of that character. There's not so much black and white, just a ton of grey.

So, he's a slut who means well. He'll let you get your jollies and then send you home with an omlette.

13. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

LOL i voted the last one, yeah as long as he gives it up for Flack who cares!!

14. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I don't think Danny was ever sexist. A little flirty maybe, but I never saw him as anything but respectful to women. But yeah, season three definitely turned him into a pushover, and now I wonder if he's going to get together with Lindsay because she told him she loves him, not because he's sure he feels the same way.

Yeah, I kind of get that feeling. Danny clearly hates it when people are upset with him and takes it personally. So when he messes up, he'll do anything to make it right.

Yes, exactly! And I like that about him--that he is complex. I think "allowing himself to be used" sums it up perfectly, and sums up the whole morning after scene with Rikki, when he went out of his way to get her to stay and have breakfast, as well as his attempts to make nice with Lindsay.

LOL, that's a perfect way to describe Danny. :lol:

15. Ticamo77

Ticamo77 Hit and Run

You're right and I take that sexist back. Danny wasn't a pig before. His relationships with Aiden and Stella allowed for that flirty playfulness. He definitely wasn't sexist. That was too strong a word to use for him. But, Season One Danny would have probably moved on by now. :lol:

And that's why I love him. He's just too sweet. :angel: