Introductions/Farewells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Introductions

manda said:
how do i add a pic to this forum?
Welcome manda, I'm still planning on swimming with Fungi one day.. the famous Irish (Dingle) dolphin. My exbf does it all the time.. :)

You need 100 posts before you can actually have an avvie.. so start and keep posting :p

i have adopted a dolphin from the wdcs and she lives up in scotland. her name is rainbow. i just love anything to do with them. :)

I've been lurking forever, posting a short while, and thought I'd drop in here.

Name: Phil <- that's a nickname. I'm female. Phil is short for Ophelia. Which I can't remember anyone ever calling me that. Been called Opie, Just used to Phil.

I live with my boyfriend, a spoiled rotten dog, two cats known as the demons and banished to outside of the house, a guinea pig, and a pool full of tadpoles.

I work as a fitness instructor. Used to be in research and methodology. I'm totally burned out on my job right now and would like to spend all day in a hammock doing nothing, preferably on a tropical island with no telephones.

My favorite CSI is NY, followed by Vegas and then Miami. When I'm having to listen to somebody I'm not really interseted in, I find myself striking Horation poses and wonder if they notice.

Welcome manda and Phil! I hope you enjoy the board :D

And Phil...what comes to H pose... I've caught myself doing those, esp when playing football and when wearing sunnies.

hey guys! sry it rook me soooooo long 2 post on here coz ive ben on here 4 quit a while now. well my name is Andrea & im from a a small town in ky & im a sophomore in hs. i joined talk csi: coz CSI: aint nothin better!! :lol:

It's so cool to see newbies join! Makes me feel experienced... passing of the torch and such. Oh, and Outsider I love the name Ophelia! She is my favorite character from Hamlet. ;)

Hestia said:
I love the name Ophelia! She is my favorite character from Hamlet. ;)

Now, I was wondering where that name is from...thanks for reminding me Hestia! :) :lol:

^ and then you have the version of Jewels song (can't think of the title atm, sorry).. "Ophelia drowned in the water, crushed by her own weight" :rolleyes: Hmmm..

JayneEmilysRealm, that would be Innocence Maintained.

Dynamo1 at the Reference Desk

Dynamo1 said:
JayneEmilysRealm, that would be Innocence Maintained.

Dynamo1 at the Reference Desk
Yes! Thank you! *goes in search of 'Spirit' album* <- see the title of the album I do remember :p

Uhm.. welcome newbies :D

Hey welcome to the board Phil and Andrea. :D

Dolphins evolved from wolves?! Man, didn't know that! *runs off to research*

*takes cookie*

boy do I feel welcome... And JayneEmilysRealm I'd like to join, if you tell me where...

Hestia said:
It's so cool to see newbies join! Makes me feel experienced... passing of the torch and such. Oh, and Outsider I love the name Ophelia! She is my favorite character from Hamlet. ;)

Thanks. It's funny that even in high school when we were studying Hamlet, no one got the connection to my name, everyone was so used to calling me Phil. One day this girl was having to read it out loud and all of a sudden she looks over and goes, "Hey, you're Ophelia!" Then after that people kept making jokes about keeping me away from water and being insane. :rolleyes: My mother has never fessed up to why she named me that. When my boyfriend is talking to me on the phone he calls me "Lia" because once he said something along the lines of "I love you, Phil" followed by a comment about something I better be wearing, and he was overheard by people who didn't know him too well, and things got a little awkward. :lol:

Anyone else being kept from going stir-crazy by reading every single post while at work? It's a slooooow week and perfect weather so people keep cancelling and I've got way too much time to kill. Yesterday I went on a cleaning spree then decided to see what was the max amount of weight I coudl do on everything. Today I'm sore. Which means we'll be really busy and I won't be able to sit around and read posts all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back