I Have An "LV" Episode/Character Question *NO Spoilers* P2

Okay, this is another question that I'm sure no one will ever get but I'll give it a try. If you watch some of the episodes really closely you'll notice sometimes that there is this Crime Scene Leader Board that I believe it is right before Grissom's office. Does anyone know what that is about or if it was explained in an episode? If you know anything about this I would be so amazed.:hugegrin:

Do you mean this one?

b.jpg

If so, the only episode where I really noticed it was the pilot, and the only reason they showed it was because Nick and Warrick were both competing to be the first solve 100 cases and become a CSI 3. I don't think it ever came into play in any episode after that.

Thank god someone else knows what I'm talking about! Thanks, Smokey. I always wondered what was up with that. The CSIs would constantly just walk by like it was no big deal and I'd always be like, "Stop, explain that please!"

If so, the only episode where I really noticed it was the pilot, and the only reason they showed it was because Nick and Warrick were both competing to be the first solve 100 cases and become a CSI 3. I don't think it ever came into play in any episode after that.
We've seen an 'updated' board a couple more times, very briefly throughout the years with the elusive "Joe" on the list as well.

Last edited:
Thanks for all this info about this Crime Score Leaderboard. And don't get me started on who in the world is "Joe". He's always there on that board but somehow never mentioned. I'm thinking he might work the ever elusive day shift.:lol:

Thanks for all this info about this Crime Score Leaderboard. And don't get me started on who in the world is "Joe". He's always there on that board but somehow never mentioned. I'm thinking he might work the ever elusive day shift.:lol:

Dayshift aren't elusive - we've even seen a couple of members. Now SWING shift, on the other hand...and I don't mean when it comprised Nick, Warrick and Catherine, either!

Dayshift aren't elusive - we've even seen a couple of members. Now SWING shift, on the other hand...and I don't mean when it comprised Nick, Warrick and Catherine, either!

Or Sara in Season 8. :) When she said she was moving to swing, my friends at work thought she said she was moving to Sweden! :guffaw:

There's one CSI guy that I've seen a couple of times out processing when our guys were...same actor each time...I guess we could call him Joe. :)

Now that I know who "Joe" is and what the Crime Scene Leaderboard is I feel much better. Since we're on the topic of shifts and everyone is so good at answering questions I have another one for you.:)

Does anyone know when the shifts start? I know in Mea Culpa, Warrick said that swing shift starts at 4:00 in the afternoon...I think. I figured that shifts are probably 8 hours so this is what I've come up with,

Swing: 4:00 pm-12:00 am
Night: 12:00 am-8:00 am
Day: 8:00 am-4:00 pm.

I think that my night shift times are right because sometimes you see the CSIs eating breakfast together. If I could just get the night shift times I could probably get the rest.

Last edited:
I think the answer is, the shifts last as long as the writers need them to last, because - let's face it - the Graveyard shift do seem to tackle an awful lot of crimes and crime scenes that crop up during daylight hours (case in point being Long Ball from this season) and when they were doing the split shift in season five, Swing and Graveyard did seem to actually work the same hours (more or less), which just makes it all the more tricky to try and determine when people were supposed to be working.

That said, though, I suspect the shifts are actually probably nine hours, because there's a clearly demonstrated (in so far as ANYTHING about this is clear!) overlap of at least an hour (see Nesting Dolls [mind you, that just leads me to go, "Okay, it's midnight, so why does Greg have court now?!"])

*pauses*

*coughs*

I may have spent an unfortunate amount of time thinking about this. :shifty:

Does anyone know when the shifts start? I know in Mea Culpa, Warrick said that swing shift starts at 4:00 in the afternoon...I think. I figured that shifts are probably 8 hours so this is what I've come up with,

Swing: 4:00 pm-12:00 am
Night: 12:00 am-8:00 am
Day: 8:00 am-4:00 pm.

Officially, I have no idea, but I know that for the purpose of the show the "night" shift sure seems to work around the clock! :lol:

But I know that in Grave Danger Warrick and Nick were in the locker room getting ready to start their shift, then they got their cases, and then they said Nick was "taken around 11", so that sounds like maybe they started at around 10.

Back to the board...I thought it was funny that you mentioned it because I actually did notice it in this week's show. :lol: Did you see it too and that's why you asked? :)

Click to see the larger pic.

Looks like Joe is still on there! :lol:

Athersgeo, I spent a lot of time thinking about this too. You clearly know the fustration of watching an episode of CSI and saying to yourself, "Shouldn't you be at home with Lindsey, Catherine? It's 2:00 in the afternoon. You work nights."

And Smokey, to answer your question. I notice the time problems so much now that I tend to just block them out and just strongly believe that CSI is in an alternate universe where time is measured differently. It's the only thing that can get me through CSI episodes without analyzing them obsessively. Well, as much anyway.:lol:

Just saw your pic, Smokey. :scream:WHO IS JOE! Joe doesn't even appear in the show anymore. He never appeared at all. Is Warrick's name still up there too?

Last edited:
I'm asking way too many questions but I can't stop myself.:)

Does anyone remember Ronnie Lake? What happened to her? She just disappeared. I like to think she was swallowed whole by the beast that is the CSI Lab or she went upstairs and never returned.:lol:

If you know an episode where they talk about her leaving or whatever could you tell me. Thanks in advance.

Does anyone remember Ronnie Lake? What happened to her? She just disappeared. I like to think she was swallowed whole by the beast that is the CSI Lab or she went upstairs and never returned.:lol:

If you know an episode where they talk about her leaving or whatever could you tell me. Thanks in advance.

I don't think that there is an episode that reffers to Ronnie Lake's departure from the show.Since Sara left the lab she wasn't mentioned again.

I don't think that there is an episode that reffers to Ronnie Lake's departure from the show.Since Sara left the lab she wasn't mentioned again.

Her character never left. She was only going to be in 4 episodes and Ronnie was on the swing shift, so we wouldn't hear about her anymore.

So...basically, her character was used as a plot mover. Thanks for all the answers, guys/gals.

Back