'I Have an Episode/Season Question' Thread #2. No Spoilers Please.

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Alien_from_mars

Alien_from_mars Prime Suspect

Re: CSI:Miami 'I Have a Question' Thread #2. NO SPOILERS PLE

So Horatio is more like Brass then? But with a science degree?
    Brass use to be head of the crime lab but then Gris took over didnt he?

Ah, I think I got it now! Thanks :)

2. CaRWash_Cutie

CaRWash_Cutie Rookie

Hey, quick question....In what episode does Calleigh have her encounter with the ant tank? I think it's a season 2 episode but I can't remember for sure. Can anyone help me out?

3. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Coroner

oh that is the ep Wannabe!!! I love that ep!!! and that's also the ep where the club girls think that Eric is uh, yeah :devil: and plus that's one of my most fav Speed eps.

4. Sphinx

Sphinx Police Officer

If your trying to remember which episode Wannabe is, it is the episode about the CSI club member steals a piece of evidence. The second case is the one that involves the ants. It is about the murder of a waitress who had a piece of lottery ticket in the gunshot wound.

5. CaRWash_Cutie

CaRWash_Cutie Rookie

Thanks all! I just got season 2 on DVD and wanted to watch that episode, but I couldn't remember which one it was. Thanks for helping me remember!

6. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Need4Speed I always thought H was from NY, he may not be from NY either but he's not a native to Miami right? Where'd you get all that those profiles from? And I think he's a widower but was never married before Marisol.

7. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Coroner

yes he was, he had a wife in NY. and he is a native to Miami it's all right here in his biography....it doesn't say anything about his wife. but acording to some sources it says he had one....

Raised in 1960s Miami, by age 16 Caine had
    experienced a lifetime: Civil Right marches,
    Cuban freedom flights, violent race riots, and the rise of drug culture.

His mother, a single parent in a time that did not favor such a definition of family, taught Caine that strength resided in your mind, not your hand. Though she was demanding, her love protected him until she was killed by a drug dealer that she stood up to. At 17, while other teenagers were learning to disco, Caine set out to help the police find her killer. By the time the murderer was sentenced to life, Caine knew he had found his calling to protect his city.

Caine entered the Police Academy after high school, but quickly discovered that the beat left him bored. When he realized that the evidence-cracking CSIs were the people who actually solved the crimes, he enrolled in university and, four years later, Chemistry degree in hand, he was a Level I Criminalist with the Miami-Dade Police Department.

Rising quickly through the ranks, Caine grew frustrated with departmental bureaucracy and threatened to quit. Al Humphries came to his rescue by offering to train him as his second-in-command with the Bomb Squad. Humphries became the father-figure Cained had never had.

When Megan Donner stepped down as head of the Crime Lab, the Police Chied asked Caine to take over. Although he ahd thrived as a member of the Bomb Squad, Caine missed what had drawn him to police work in the first place the science of catching the bad guy. He accepted the position.

A three-dimensional thinker, Caine can rapidly understand how pieces fit into a puzzle. He knows that science ultimately provides the solution, but he also knows that there is more to crime-solving that blood spatter and DNA. When it comes to protecting his city, Horatio doesn't just trust science he trusts his gut.

8. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

This part of the original CBS biography is now incorrect. It has been superseded by the revelation in Season 4 that Horatio's mother was killed by his violent father, and Horatio killed him in an attempt to save her.

Also, we still don't know for certain that Horatio had or has an ex-wife in NY. It has never been mentioned on the show thus far, and therefore it's not confirmed backstory. During the summer hiatus between Seasons 3 and 4, Ann Donahue mentioned that they might give H an ex-wife, who was a prosecutor in NY. So, this still may be revealed in future or Ann may have decided to drop the idea. We don't know yet.

I hope that clears things up. :)

9. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Coroner

i know that the part about his mother was wrong i just realized that but it had been too late to edit so....yeah. but i knew that his mother was killed by his father. i actually asnwered a question for someone about in one of the old threads, but thanks for pointing it out anyways :Dc

10. OscarMayerLemur

OscarMayerLemur Police Officer

Hey, if you ever find something that says exactly how she died, like GSW or something, or if it's known and I didn't know. Just someone tell me! It's been nagging at my brain for some time now...

11. Sphinx

Sphinx Police Officer

I don't think they ever said how she died. Maybe they will bring it up somehow in the future. Horatio could have a flashback to that time. If they ever send him back to New York about his fathers case we could find out then. If they ever do wrap up the story about him killing his father, I wonder if we will find out it was in self defense.

12. stephanie20

stephanie20 Rookie

When should we see promo pictures regarding CSI:Miami?

13. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

^ They have to come this few days. Last year 'Rio' promo pics come on 18 August. Also in Modern Day Gallery already have CSI NY promos... soon is time and for Miami ;)

14. stephanie20

stephanie20 Rookie

When did CSI:Miami start filming? When does it stop filming?

15. CaRWash_Cutie

CaRWash_Cutie Rookie

I'm assuming you mean this season stephanie20 :) I think they started filming around mid July this year and they usually film until April sometime. Hope that helps!