'I Have an Episode/Season Question' Thread #2. No Spoilers Please.

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Brianna17

Brianna17 Dead on Arrival

2. ForestAngel

ForestAngel Witness

Thank you Brianna17 - I will watch this epi tonight

3. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

I think my question should be in this thread in spite of beginning is in the spoiler thread.

It's about "Crime Wave" was 90-minutes.3.16 "NOTHING TO LOSE" was, also, a 90-minute episode w/commercials

Does anybody know why these particular episode were longer than usual ones. And why they were aired redused?

4. DCHC4ever

DCHC4ever Prime Suspect

What I have been told is that they did "air" in full originally, but were reduced on the DVD.

Also the reason they were longer was that they were created for the "sweeps months" (November, February and May) during their various seasons. These are times that high ratings are very sought after and obviously a 2 hrs episode would be something special that lots of fans and viewers in general would be eager to watch.

It was a way of getting good ratings during these critical months. You may have noticed that no one at CBS is concerned about good ratings for CSI Miami during these months anymore. They are concerned for CSI though because they schedules Marg/Catherine's departure (obvious a major view episode) for February.

5. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

DCHC4ever,
    thanks foe explanation.
    I was really surprised when I saw full version of "Crime wave" (my favorite episode ever) after reduced one. Since then I was racking my brain.
    "Nothing to lose" is also one of my favorite eppi - it's great there is a "full" version I can watch:drool:

6. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

When I am watching CSI (all three CSI Shows) we have a problem with the CBS affiliate getting back into the network late from a commercial break. I am going to call that TV Station and complain! I have Comcast "On Demand" and when I go back to watch the full show again, I have notice this! That is not cool!:confused:

If any of you have any suggestions on what I should tell them, let me know.

Peace to all CSI Fans!;)

7. shigg66

shigg66 Dead on Arrival

Hi,did episode 15 air yet,it says March 25th on the episode guide(wondering was that a typo),because epi's 16+17 are dated 11th + 18th March.I stream them because the season hasn't started here yet and I can't find it.

8. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Episode 15 airs on March 4th(this site also states March 4th).
    Episodes 16 and 17 air on March 11th and 18th.

9. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

Hi guys, I was just watching a rerun of CSI: Miami on AMC and I forgot the name of the episode. :( It was the one where there's a guy in a coffin but he's alive and he comes with a gun and starts shooting. Anyone know the name of that episode? It was a pretty cool setup.

10. mjszud

mjszud Captain

That was the season 4 premiere 'From the Grave'

11. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

That's it! Thanks!

12. gasolg

gasolg Civilian

Hi there can someone tell me what is the name of the song at the end of episode 1 season 1 golden parachute, same song are became at the season 2 episode 12 Witness to murder - when ujeen died at the end of the episode, and in 6 season episode 4 - when horatio and delko are at the speed's grave, no lyrics but mellody is beautiful, is someone know that song?

13. Nightfoxxy

Nightfoxxy Victim

Need this song too! :]

14. DNA_Student

DNA_Student Victim

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post here. I am trying to identify an episode. I may have just caught the last few minutes. The conversation that I recall seems to be referencing the JonBenet Ramsey case. Here is my rough paraphrase: A Hispanic woman says to Horatio Caine, "When a little blonde [white?] girl goes missing, the whole world cares. When a little brown girl goes missing, no one cares." Horatio replies, "You're wrong. Almost no one." My memory is a little fuzzy, so the details may not all be correct.

I read a review of "Crowned," but nothing I read suggested that this scene is part of that episode. Does anyone recall this episode?

15. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

I believe that's a Season 1 episode. A young teenage girl who plays tennis disappeared. Turns out she and her coach were "involved." Virginia Madsen played the mother. And your quote was actually from Eric Delko, after a Hispanic girl who practiced at the same tennis facility as the White girl was found dead. I think Horatio at the end of the episode handed a list of young girls (all minorities) who were missing to a newspaper reporter.

"Crowned" was from Season 10. A mother of a young beauty pageant contestant was murdered.