How many members of this site...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Calihan, Oct 24, 2007.

1. debje

debje Pathologist

I only know 1 person in RL, we are going to the same school and soccer team

2. calleighsgirl

calleighsgirl Dead on Arrival

And I guess THAT would be me. :D
    I guess it doesn't count as much as knowing someone in RL, but I still think it's totally awesome how you can meet the same people on different websites. :lol:
    In our case those forums weren't even about the same topic. :lol:

3. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

LOL and now I've met you on yet another site so to speak ;)

4. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

doubleohfive was there for some of it but I don't recognise the other name so I'm not sure. If it's a name from the Trek board then I wouldn't necessarily have known the user name. Actually that was one of the weirdest things about meeting some people, talking to them and being introduced with real names instead of user names (although most people called me Elsie). :lol:

*cries* with laughter. My secret is out.

I can see why people are apprehensive about meeting people they have only known online, and to be honest that is probably a good thing. But I took a chance (and took my husband with me), and had an awesome time. Even my husband had a great time, and he now counts Springmoon to be one of the funniest people he has ever met!

5. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I've never met anyone in Rl then again I live in the UK, So about 2/3 of the people on live 100s of miles away any way!! :lol: But have you ever thought it could spoil it if you met some people in Rl...but maybe not :D

6. magicmunchies

magicmunchies Lab Technician

I haven't met anyone in RL, I know a couple from other websites like bebo, DA, YT and FF but in person. But hey I do live in the soggy end of the world (NZ)

7. Andreina

Andreina Lab Technician

I have never met any in RL and probably wont do it in a long time since I am just a teenager (16 years old) besides I live far away from all of users I have met around here hehe I live in Latin America though love to do it someday. Is true that sometimes might be dangerous cuz again you dont know the person but I believe it is much safe when it comes from a forum like this, of course there is still a risk.
    Regards

8. Bev

Bev Pathologist

Drumchik and I have met in real life.

You know, the internet is an amazing thing, they say you can't make "real" friends online, but I think that's BS.

Drumchik is my internet Terror Twin and my best friend in real life. The only thing sucky is we live on different continents.

9. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

Umm I have NO idea. I'm thinking probably not...

I'm from North Carolina, so if you live here let me know, maybe we've crossed paths.

I do know that there is one member who lives a little more than an hour away from me... 'twould be cool to run into each other at the mall or something.

And I do, of course, talk to some people I've met her on messengers. If anyone has AIM and wants to chat drop me a line, I'm almost always signed in.

chanslover1 I do have MSN and Yahoo... but that's more for special people.

-LLK

10. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Hell yeah. I've seen almost all my online friends on their webcams and stuff, and I've talked to people over the mic on msn so I'm pretty sure they aren't 50 year old horny men. :lol:

Although I don't have a webcam... :lol: But I've shown pictures of myself and wrote stuff on paper that I said I'd write and then taken a picture of myself so I'm pretty sure my friends now I'm not a man either.

11. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

I don't know a single person on here in real life.

12. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

I do not know any in real life though I talk to some of them on msn.. but that doesnt count I guess :p

13. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

What? Doesn't count? Are you saying there's real life outside msn? :confused:

14. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

I know cathwarfan in real life, though she's no longer an active poster.

Also, I'll meet Lizzy_004 next summer, so I guess I can add her to the list now :D

15. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i go to the same university as xfcanadian and we even had a class together last semester... but we have never met :p