Hostage- A GSR Fanfic

Chapter 31: Job Ranks

Ecklie stepped out of the sheriff's office. He never expected to be suspended for what he thought was the right thing to do. He noticed Catherine walk up to him:

"Now looky what we have here, the scum of the lab."

"Catherine, I think you achieved what you set out to do."

"Sadly no, you weren't fired, only suspended."

"Well, you have my job for the next couple of months. Enjoy it while you can." Ecklie then walked away.

Warrick and Nick then strolled up to her:

"Hey, what's up?" asked Nick.

"I have Ecklie's job for 2 months."

"Whoa, who will be supervisor?"

The sheriff then came up to the crew, "I will answer that. Sara Sidle will be supervisor, it will give her a chance to prove herself. I've just had a call from the hospital, Sara is free to leave."

"And Gil?" asked Catherine.

"It will be a few weeks yet."

"Ahh."

"Well enjoy your new positions for a few months." The sheriff walked off.

"Well, our boss is now Sara, and her boss is you Cath."

TBC

(Sorry for the short chapter, next one will be longer.)

Great chapter ^^ Ecklie: The Scum of the Lab *falls on floor laughing* :lol:

Looking forward to your next update ^^

Chapter 32: Graveyard Shift

Catherine and the boys thought it would be a good idea to visit Grissom and tell him the news. They were certain Sara would be by his side, so they were going to tell her of the new ranks as well.

They arrived at the hospital and walked up to the ward. They entered the room and were greeted with shocked glances:

"What's with the looks?" asked Catherine.

"We didn't think you'd visit today, afterall, it is 8:30pm. Visiting hours are almost over." Sara answered.

"Oh, ok. I better tell you quick then, Sara you have shoved up to supervisor position of the graveyard shift. I have been given Ecklie's job for 2 months."

"So boss, we need you at the lab." Nick added.

"What? Why the change in ranks? I'm fired."

"Uhh, no you're not. I got your job back, Ecklie was suspended, so that is why there is a change in position."

"But what about me?" asked Grissom.

"You will most likely be returned to your job when you leave hospital." replied Warrick.

"Well good luck Sara."

"What! Gris you can't be serious, I can't do your job." Sara said, stunned.

"Yes you can. It will be your chance to prove yourself to the sheriff."

"But..."

"No buts Sara. Go, I'll be fine here."

"If you are totally positive."

"I am, now go."

Sara bent down and kissed him goodbye. Then she left with the crew.

She arrived back at the lab a few minutes later. It looked foreign to her, she hadn't been there in almost 3 weeks. She was extremely nervous, she kept thinking she was betraying the man she loved.

TBC :D

I love the idea of Sara having a chance of being supervisor. She could really show off her dedication and leadership skills and have it rewarded or at least recognized in a good light by the sheriff.

Xx..::Mia-Sara::..xX

omg i sat up till one eleven in the morning reading ur story of course i started reading it at like twelve thirty but it was so addicting ah well i will stay up later anyway i really hope that you will update soon ... i dont think i can live without ur story ... i cried so much ......

Chapter 33: First day

Sara entered the building. She looked around and saw lab technicians staring at her, gazing at her with wide eyes. She turned her head from them and remembered that she was taken hostage. Figuring that they were staring at her because of that fact.

She strolled on, finally reaching Grissom's office. She stepped into the room and glanced around. Normally Grissom would be sitting in that chair finishing some overdue paperwork. She pictured it, she was normally entering this room to tell him news of the latest case they were working. But he was laying in a hospital bed, All because of me. she thought.

Catherine walked into the room while Sara was in her trail of thought. She saw her gaze fixated on the desk:

"C'mon Sara, it's not for that long."

With her eyes still on the desk, Sara said: "Yeah I know, but you don't have to live with the guilt of taking his job and being the one that landed him in that hospital bed. He nearly died because of me."

"Sara, that was his own choice. Gil risked his life for the woman he loves. It wasn't your fault at all."

"But it stills feels like it was. I can't stop my guilty conscious."

"Sara honey, you will be fine. He is returning to perfect health now, because of you. He woke from that coma, because of you. Your love and hope made him pull through, don't lose out on that now. He is fine with you taking his job for a few weeks, or months, whatever it is. He wants you to prove yourself worthy."

"I guess so. Alright, so where is my team."

The two laughed. Just then, Nick, Warrick and Greg entered the room:

"At your service Miss Sidle." They all said.

"Ok, Nick you have a small B+E at the Strip." She atarted, picking up the assignment slips. "Warrick you have a 419 in Henderson, take Greg."

"Sure thing boss." The boys took their slips and left the room.

"See, that wasn't so bad. The trouble is if you have to punish someone. It's hard trying to punish your friends." Catherine told her.

"Well, I'll do my best. But I'm sure they won't need punished."

TBC :D

Back