Hostage- A GSR Fanfic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by MissMurder, Jun 20, 2006.

1. MissMurder

MissMurder Lab Technician

This is my first try at writing a piece of Fanfic on the net. Sorry if it's not great.

Chapter 1: This is a crime scene

The gentle breeze of the desert flicked strands of silky brown hair across the woman's face. Sara Sidle stood over the latest victim, taking photographs at her supervisor, Gil Grissom's command.

How fun, stuck out in the middle of the desert with Gil Grissom, she thought. Grissom and herself hadn't been seeing eye to eye recently. Still, she continued to obey his command and process the scene.

As Grissom began to enter the investigator mode, Sara began her own independant search. She drifted further and further away from her boss. Until that is, she tripped on what seemed to be a metal rod sticking out of the sand:

"Whoa, Grissom come take a look at this!" she called.

She recieved no answer so, she rolled her eyes and continued. She snapped on her latex gloves and tried to pull the rod from the ground. It wouldn't budge.

Suddenly, she felt as if someone was watching her. It wasn't the feeling she got when Grissom was staring at her either:

"Hey miss, do you need some help?" asked a man with piercing green eyes and a frightening smile.

"This is a crime scene sir, have you not seen the crime tape?"

"Yes but you looked to be struggling, so I came on over here to give you a hand."

"Thank you but my colleague will help. For your own safety I strongly suggest you get behing the crime tape."

"That colleague..." the man pointed to Grissom," Sorry miss but he doesn't look interested in you. I mean you're all the way over here, totally out of the 'safety in numbers' area."

"I can take care of myself."

"Can you?" the man pulled out a gun, more specfically a 9mm.

"Ok, let's not do anything that could get you in trouble."

"Shut up, remove your police vest, gun belt and drop your kit." Sara followed his instructions. "Good girl, now follow me. If not, your brains will be all over this desert floor."

Sara was dragged to a car, it looked like a Tahoe but she wasn't sure. I wonder what Grissom will think or act like when he finds out I'm gone. He'll probably think I went back to the lab without him.

Grissom turned around, frantically looking for his colleague,"SARA, SARA!" he called, but recieved no answer."C'mon Sara answer me, where are you?"

She wouldn't have gone back to the lab would she? She doesn't normally, his ever ticking mind thought. So, he picked up his cellphone and called Catherine Willows:

"Hello?" answered Catherine.

"Hey, it's Gil. Sara wouldn't happen to be at the lab, would she?"

"Yes Gil she is."

"Really?" Grissom sounded hopeful.

"Gil sarcaism, no of course she's not here. She's out in the field with you duh."

"No she isn't. This is a crime scene, she wouldn't just bail out without telling me first."

TBC

I would love to hear what you guys and gals think. Love it? hate it?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

OMG that is really good, Poor Sara, Please Continue soon.

3. MissMurder

Chapter 2: Strange Findings

Sara sat in the back seat of the Tahoe, hoping, praying that Grissom had realized she was missing. She had a feeling in the pit of her stomach that Grissom wouldn't be interested, that he couldn't care less at what happened to her, Oh get that thought out of my head, he has to care, please god let him find me.

Images of rape and torture kept running through her mind. Images of her horrific past: screams, continuous beatings, knife slashes. Her mind kept replaying the fact that she was at this man's mercy, he could do what he liked, if he got the chance.

The man stared at her through the rearview mirror and smiled. Sara glared back. He just chuckled.

"Why so miserable darling? You don't have to worry, you will have great fun."

"Ha, ha you are so funny." Sara retorted.

"Oooh fiesty, nice."

Sara snarled and the man laughed.

Grissom searched every area of the desert for Sara and found nothing. He then caught sight of something silver, shining in the bright sunlight.

Sara's field kit. He bolted to it and then saw the mass of items: Sara's kit, camera, gun belt and vest. Suddenly, his cellphone vibrated against his hip:

"Grissom." he answered.

"Hey it's Cath. You found Miss Temper yet?"

"No, but I have found her kit, camera, vest and gun belt. Cath what if..."

"No, not again, Nicky will freak."

"I know Nick Stokes will not be happy, that's obvious, I...uhh I...argh I can't think."

"Get back to the lab. We'll think then, and break the news to the team."

Grissom followed her instructions, bringing Sara's items with him.

Meanwhile, Sara's kidnapper had pulled over, posted something and drove off again:

"What was that?"

"You'll see soon enough."

He turned on the radio and the song playing was one that Sara knew and loved. It was 'Missing' by Evanescence.

You won't cry for my absence I know
    You forgot me long ago
    Am I that unimportant?
    Am I so insignificant?
    Isn't something missing?
    Isn't someone missing me?

Eventhough I'm the sacrifice
    You won't try for me not now
    Though I'd die to know you love me
    I'm all alone
    Isn't someone missing me?

Sara felt she was the woman singing the song. She suited the lyrics perfectly. She felt that way.

TBC

Again I'd love to know what you think :D ;) :)

4. MissMurder

Here is another chapter for you keen GSR readers

Chapter 3: Awakening to terror

Sara woke up somewhere she didn't expect to; a bed. She had no idea how she got there because the last thing she remembered was sitting in her kidnapper's Tahoe, listening to a song that resembled her situation.

Then she realized something cold was attached to her wrists and ankles, something tight. She looked at her left wrist and saw she was handcuffed to two seperate bars of the headboard, at each end of the bed.

Sara tried to struggle free, to see if she could slip her hands through each cuff, but shr failed. She began to get impatient, hurting her wrists and ankles as she tried to free herself from her restraints. She screamed in frustration, until her kidnapper showed his sadistic smiling face again:

"No point hurting yourself sweetheart, they'll come off when Mr Grissom arrives here."

"Why are you so sure he'll come? I'm sure he will stay behind the scenes and let the cops arrest you."

"Don't be so sure of that babe, once he sees the...mess you are in, he'll come running to the rescue. Afterall, he is...infatuated with you?"

"You are a lying piece of filth."

"Oh on the contrary my pretty little butterfly, I think he likes you more than he shows."

Well no duh, that whole interrogation with that Dr Lurie told me that. "So if he does come to my rescue, which I doubt, what are you going to do to him?"

"That would be telling my sweet." He brought out a video camera, "Now, smile for Mr Grissom,"

Grissom woke up in his office. He was surprised he slept at all. As he went to stand up, Catherine and Warrick Brown burst into the room:

"Gil, you have to see this, it's about Sara."

"She's in trouble Gris, big trouble." Warrick added.

"Wait, how do you..."

"Yeah you see, I had to tell the team when this letter arrived so, they know."

Grissom followed them to the breakroom where, Nick, Greg Sanders and Jim Brass were sitting:

"Letter?" asked Grissom.

Nick passed it to him and he read it over, then again and a third time. He couldn't believe what he was reading. It said:

'Dear Mr Grissom,

I'm sure you have realized that your beautiful colleague has went missing. What would you do if you never saw her again? I'm sure you wouldn't be very happy.

What if I told you she was already dead? Would you still look for her rotting corpse? Probably. Well just to calm you down a bit, I will tell you she is still very much alive.

But if you don't show up by midnight on the 21st of April, she will indeed die a painful, inhuman death.

I hope to see you then.

From,
    Tim Johnson.'

Grissom was in utter shock. Tim Johnson had came to haunt him again. The letter fell from his hands and he stormed the lab, back to his office:

"Gil, wait. Tell us who this guy is!" Catherine called as she and the rest of her colleagues followed in his angered shadow.

TBC

5. MissMurder

Chapter 4: The footage and clear demands

Six hours had passed and Grissom and the team were yet to have success in finding any evidence on Sara's belongings to give them any hint to where she was. Grissom was growing frustrated in every minute that passed:

"Why Sara?" he thought out loud. Catherine and the lab tech Greg Sanders could only frown.

"We'll find her." answered Greg.

"How can you say, 'We'll find her' we haven't got a shred of evidence to where her location is."

"Gris, calm down, geez don't get so snappy. You weren't this snappy at Nick's abduction."

Grissom fell silent. Indeed he wasn't snappy at Nick's abduction. He was determined to rescue Nick and kept calm. But this situation was different. It was Sara, his beloved Sara that had been taken and he angry to say the least:

"Sorry, I didn't mean to snap. Now, what do we do?"

"I think the only logical thing is wait. We have no clue to where she is, or her kidnapper for that matter. We have nothing else to process. Sara's DNA was all over her belongings, no other epithelials." Catherine replied.

"Yeah, wait. It's easier said than done, y'know."

Suddenly, shouting and noise was heard from the hallway. Nick was trying to pry something out of a mailman's hand:

"Nick, what are you..."

"It's about Sara."

"Give me it." Grissom took the package.

"Hey wait, you have to sign for that buddy. If not, you don't get it."

"Catherine, please."

Catherine signed the form as Grissom walked down the halls back to his office.

When he sat down on the office chair, he snapped on some latex gloves and carefully cut open the envelope. He slowly slid the contents out. It was a video tape. He stood and rushed down the halls to the A/V lab, where Archie was working on something:

"Archie, I need this to be shown immediately." Grissom's serious tone scared the tech.

"Sure, certainly."

By the time Archie had popped the video in the video recorder, the whole team had shown up. Grissom didn't seem to care, he was too focused on watching the tape.

They gathered around the large screen and saw Sara appear, wearing only her bra and panties and handcuffed to a bed.

They heard a strong, frighteningly low voice speak, "Say what I told you sweetheart."

"No!" she snapped and tried to struggle free.

"Oh honey, I wish you never said that. I'm a believer in harsh, painful punishments. The Egyptian asp is quite poisonous. You will be dead in a matter of minutes, and the searing pain of the bite will be unbearable. So, say it, NOW!"

Sara looked terrified. She gulped then began to speak, "Grissom..."

"Full name!"

"Gil Grissom, you have met this man before. It is in your best interests if you find me sooner rather than later. If you..." she paused, then found her voice again, "care about me in any way, you will come alone. Don't bring the police, Catherine, Brass, Nick, Warrick or Greg. Just you alone."

"Good, keep going." ordered the voice.

"If you are not at this location by midnight tonight, I will die horribly. If you arrive after midnight, you will find only my tortured body. If you bring the police, the deal for me to be handed over safely to you after a civilized talk will be broken and you will have to watch me be... be tortured and killed in front of your very eyes."

"Well done, say the last sentence."

"Seeing as the time is now, 6:15pm, you have only 5 hours and 45 minutes to work out where I am."

"We'll see you then Gil." said the eerie voice, then the film cut off.

Everyone glanced at Grissom, who had his jaw to the floor. He looked petrified and angry all at once:

"He cannot expect you to go alone, can he?" asked Brass.

"It's for Sara's best interests. If we want her alive, I go alone."

"But Gil..."

"I GO ALONE!" Grissom raised his voice to get his message across. "Do I make myself clear?"

Everyone nodded in stunned shock. They had major work to do if they wanted to locate Sara in 5 hours and 45 minutes.

TBC

Like it? Hate it? Please let me know :D :lol:

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Wow that is a really good story you are a good writer, were you inspired by the episode GRAVE DANGER.

7. MissMurder

Yeah sort of, I also came up with the different sort of hostage idea in my english class. Thanks for reading :D ;) :)

I'll have another chapter up within an hour :D

8. Cordelia_GRS_Fan

Cordelia_GRS_Fan CSI Level Two

LOVE IT! NEED...MORE! *gasp*

Please continue I totally love the suspense!!

Xx..::Mia-Sara::..xX

9. MissMurder

Chapter 5: A venture into the unknown

Grissom slammed his office door in Catherine's face. Never in his life had he felt so guilty. He was at the crime scene with Sara and she was snatched from right under his nose.

Catherine was stunned, Grissom just slammed the door in her face. She understood his rage though. Her colleagues stared at her, as if saying, 'What do we do to help him?'. She shook her head in shame, she didn't have a clue.

She ushered them back to their labs. 5 hours and 45 minutes were slowly ticking down. Her mind was panicking, her mind was in overdrive and she couldn't stop it. Thoughts of how she was never really the friend to Sara that she could have been, and now Sara was in grave danger. She felt miserable.

She was brought back from her thoughts as Grissom flew past her, fury written all over his face. She wanted to follow him, but her legs were frozen in place. Seconds passed and her feet finally ran after him:

"Gil, wait!" she yelled, but he was hell bent on getting back to the A/V Lab. "Gil please stop."

He never answered her, he just carried on. When he arrived at his destination, he stormed through the door and pressed play on the machine.

He saw Sara, fury and pure rage swept over him. He picked up a coffee mug and threw it at the lab wall, smashing it to pieces. Archie backed away slowly, not wanting to get in the way of Grissom's destructive temper:

"Where are you going? Process the damn tape!" Grissom screamed and Archie quickly obeyed.

Thirty minutes passed and Archie hadn't found anything. Grissom was growing more and more impatient as the ticking seconds of the clock registered in his brain, 5 hours, that's all that was left:

"Can't you speed up?"

"Boss, I'm trying, believe me, I'm trying."

"Well try FASTER!"

"Gil settle down." Brass said as he entered the room.

"I can't settle down, he took Sara, HE TOOK SARA!" Grissom cried, he was losing control of his well kept emotion. He always did when it envolved Sara Sidle.

"C'mon man, calm down. What do you think Sara would say if she saw you like this?"

Grissom gave a glare. Even Brass became slightly intimidated by him.

"I've heard that voice before, I can't put my finger on what he looks like."

"It will come to you, it will. Now let Archie do his job properly."

"Sorry Arch, I didn't mean to shout, I'm just..."

"Devestated? Yeah I know."

Grissom was led out of the room by Brass, but then bumped into Catherine:

"Gil..."

"I don't want to hear anything Cath, I'm sorry. I'm not in the mood."

"It seems like we don't have enough time."

"We DON'T Cath, that's the trouble. We are processing a tape which has no signs of a location. We are venturing into unknown territory."

"We are? Or you are?"

With that said, Catherine walked off down the hall, leaving Grissom to process her words.

TBC

Next chapter will be up soon, I promise. :D

10. Guest

Guest Guest

this chapter was good Grissom is really worried about Sara thats a good thing, update soon :D

11. Cordelia_GRS_Fan

I love how Grissom's fast losing his control when Sara is in danger. He is gonna find her...right?!

12. MissMurder

Chapter 6: Captivity Conversations

Sara lay there beginning to feel uncomfortable. Her tear stains were starting to tighten her cheeks as they dried. She felt incredibly bare lying in just her underwear, and in front of a strange, sick man who had not took his eyes off of her in the past 10 minutes:

"What are you staring at? Get your eyes off me!" Sara shouted in protest to his prying eyes.

"Sorry babe, you are just so beautiful. I'm jealous of Mr Grissom."

"What?"

"He gets to stare and oogle your precious body everyday."

"Yeah right, you're very funny, you should become a comedian."

"Na, too much publicity. I like working descreetly."

"Yeah, that get's you off doesn't it? Kidnapping women who are no good in the social department huh?"

"It gives them experience."

"In the wrong field."

"I can't wait until your friend arrives. He'll bring the cavelry and I'll get to kill you in front of him, how fun."

"You self-obesessed prick, what has he ever done to you?"

"Oh I'll tell you. It was years ago, 20 to be exact. He worked in California, so did I. We were partners, friends. You see, I got myself into a bit of bother with the sheriff. I counted on him to back me up. He was assigned to my investigation. He agreed with the sheriff that I had been dirty all along. He said that all the evidence pointed at me. That I, had been working in cohoots with the FBI, trying to bring the lab down, that I had killed a cop. Oh how wrong he was. He got me fired and I have never been able to get a job in Law Enforcement since. He will pay, starting with the murder of his little girlfriend."

"Wait you said you wouldn't kill me if he came before midnight."

"I lied my dear."

The man began to laugh and Sara knew she was doomed.

TBC

I will update real soon. Sorry it's a short chapter, the next one will be longer.

13. Cordelia_GRS_Fan

:eek: What a lying scumbag!! Please update soon!!

14. MissMurder

Chapter 7: The ticking timebomb

Catherine, Nick, Brass and Warrick sat in the breakroom, discussing Grissom. They were stunned at his reactions, but who could blame him?:

"Did he really lose it in Archie's lab?" Nick asked, Brass nodded, "Whoa, no way. Grissom is normally so calm and collected. Then again it is Sara we are talking about, he is kinda unpredictable around her. You never know what he will act like."

"True, I mean he is so lost for words around that girl." added Warrick.

"I know, I still don't like the whole idea of him going alone, he could be killed, as well as Sara." Catherine joined the coversation.

"Do any of you know if Archie has gotten anything off that tape?" Nick questioned, but everyone shrugged.

Archie then walked through the door and everyone gaped at him:

"What, you look like you've all seen a ghost."

"We were just talking about you, got anything?" asked Brass.

"Yeah, I know they are in high floor, but that could be every casino/hotel in Vegas."

"Keep trying Arch, I'm sure you could narrow the field down to one or two right?"

"Sorry but, I'm really not sure. The postion of the camera is difficult to determine. I'll try though, don't worry."

"We can't help but worry, there is only 4 hours 'til midnight, Grissom will freak." Catherine sighed.

"I'm on it ok, I'll be as fast as humanly possible." Archie then took off out of the room.

Grissom sat in his office. He was staring at a photograph. It was him and Sara at the Christmas party, all employees had to attend.

He remembered that night, the whole team were trying to get Sara and himself to kiss under the mistletoe. They, of course, refused. In the photo, he had his arm around her. Sara was smiling, the smile that always melted his heart.

He then remembered all of the fights they had, the arguments, the tears, the utter heartbreak of hurting the woman he truly loved. He felt the, oh so familiar pain in his chest. He knew he loved her, yet had been too cowardly to say.

Now, he knew she was in trouble. Every other time, he had been there to rescue his damsel in distress. This time, he knew he couldn't help her and it was killing him inside.

What if she did die? He would never forgive himself. It would be his fault and no-one elses. He would be the one that caused her murder, by not getting there in time.

He shook his head and punched the table, he would be a murderer.

Sara lay on the king size bed, thinking about her time with Grissom. She knew she was going to die, there was no doubt about the matter. She closed her eyes and smiled at the memory of him, touching her face the second day she arrived in Vegas. The day she caressed his face to calm him down, and indeed it did. The day he told her, he needed her. The day he pinned her against the bloody sheet and finally, the day he held her hand and took her home after her DUI.

Sara sighed. The next thing on her memory list would be Grissom's face as he watched her die. She heard a noise, her kidnapper.

He walked over and drifted his hand up her leg to her stomach:

"Only 3 hours now darling. You been saying your final prayers?"

TBC

Thanks for the kind words my friends :D

15. MissMurder

Chapter 8: Grissom freaks

"Final prayers? Yeah a few."

"Well darling, I think we have enough time to make Grissom very angry. Smile."

2 hours, only 2 hours, Grissom kept thinking. He was not doing well at keeping calm. Judy the receptionist walked up to him, and cautiously chose her words:

"Umm, Mr Grissom, there is a package for you." she showed him it.

"Thank you Judy." Grissom took it and rushed to the A/V lab.

When he arrived, Archie got straight to work. He placed the tape in the recorder and pressed play.

Sara came up on screen, looking utterly terrified:

"Sweetheart, tell Mr Grissom what you truly think of him."

"Bite me, you scum bag!" Sara shouted.

"I'm getting really impatient with you missy."

"Ahh, go suck your thumb, ya big baby. You're so childish."

"That's it you witch."

The man walked in front of the camera, showing only his back, and headed straight to Sara. He began to beat her. Punching her face and body. Sara's screams of pain echoed in the room as he yanked her hair:

"This is what you get!" The kidnapper backhanded her across the face, busting her lip and nose.

"SARA, NO. NO, THAT'S IT I'VE HAD ENOUGH. I'VE HAD ABOUT ALL I CAN TAKE!" Grissom screamed. He fell silent as he heard Sara cry:

"GRISSOM!" Her cry was loud and painful to hear.

"Sara." He whispered. His hand instinctivly reached for the screen. "SARA!"

Brass and Catherine rushed into the room:

"Gil."

"I've had ENOUGH! NO-ONE IS HELPING HER!"

"Gil calm..."

"NO I WON'T CALM DOWN JIM. SHE IS BEING BEATEN WHILE WE SIT HERE, DRINK COFFEE AND WORK AT A LEISURELY PACE. I'VE HAD ENOUGH!"

"Hey guys..." Archie whispered.

"I CAN'T STAND THIS TORTURE! I SHOULD BE HELPING HER!"

"GUYS!" Archie shouted.

Grissom stopped screaming,"What?"

"They are at the Sphere. Look at the sheets, it has the Sphere's emblem."

"The Sphere, right."

Grissom ran through the lab halls and out the door.

TBC