Horatio/Yelina #9: If You Could Read My Mind....

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Lucy, Mar 27, 2008.

?

Which thread name do you like best?

1. If You Could Read My Mind

25 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. What Hurts The Most Was Being So Close

19 vote(s)
    31.7%
  3. My Love Is Only For You

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  4. In This Life I Was Loved By You

7 vote(s)
    11.7%
  5. Do I Have To Say The Words

7 vote(s)
    11.7%
  1. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Swanny! *tacklehugs* So good to see you. :D

It's my favourite colour too. You're very welcome re the info. *hugs* :)

I haven't given up completely - certainly not on H/Y, but I have given up on the show for the timebeing. If there are signs of improvement and more Yelina, I will watch again. As mentioned, I really have a problem with the Horatio character at the moment, and seeing as Miami is so H orientated, it makes it hard to watch without cringing at what his character has become. :(

2. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

Swanny!! Bloody marvelous to see you *huggles*

Having to utter an emphatic "SNAP!" with Luce, pusher and Swanny on this score. I think we're all just admitting out loud that there really is wonderful TV life after the "real" Miami went walkabout in the bush and never returned.

As fond as I am and always will be of the H/Y dynamic and events portrayed in S1-S3, just about everything after S3 has ranged from mediocre to bleah. It's great to have this thread to visit and reminisce and even talk about alleged or impending events BUT it doesn't have the same ability to make us do the Snoopy Dance of Happiness as it did yonks ago. I think I'm currently at the stage of "polite interest with a discrete topping of yay".

As Luce mentioned, Horatio has become rather unmentionable of late which doesn't help the H/Y matters. So I would be quite happy to have H/Y just remain where it is in the background because current Horatio incarnation is Y-unworthy. Just hoping that tgtb don't muck about with it and take it to an even lower level.

Last edited: May 18, 2008
  3. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

Hey Pusher so glad to see you here. Have missed ya. I've moved on it seems also. I miss the threah here but without Sofia on the show regularly as she once was well..............it just seems like tptb just don't care what we want. They never should've let her go to begin with. They still could've used her even with bring Horatios past to life. I'm sure Yelina knew a little about his past didn't she?

Anyway, no matter what I'll always be an H/Y shipper. They belong together now & forever.

4. CSINYAddict

CSINYAddict Rookie

Re: Horatio/Yelina #9:

I'm so mad Yelina left, I wanted Horatio with Yelina.

5. drgnldy

drgnldy Police Officer

Re: Horatio/Yelina #9:

Well, it seems we are all in the same boat, or in the process of climbing out of it. It's hard to stay excited about a show I never watch, or a character I never really expect to have any more significant action. Its been great to meet all of you, and everybody have a wonderful summer. If there's anything to take about next fall, I know we will all be back here!

6. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Hey wait up! I'm not climbing out of the boat. I still watch Miami every week, and I'm probably the only one in this thread to admit that there's been alot of improvement post-writers' strike. Not like the Miami of old s1-3 but still better than s4 and 5.

And H/Y is still my fave ship, not ship but canon. In the meantime, I got another ship where the wrtiers are really giving me what I hoped to see so no complaints there. (Well we'll see with the finale for Bones coming up too ;))

I'm almost cetain they'd try get Y in the season premiere simply cos she's been in season premieres for the last 2 seasons. Unless there's some conflict with the shooting schedule for her show.

If anyone's still interested:

Looks like H isn't gonna get shot for real. But I was kinda expecting that. So if Y doesn't appear in the next season premiere, it wouldn't be such a disaster anyway. So in a way I'm relieved.

7. katpin31791

Oh I still watch Miami & yes have seen some improvements but...................not lots of it. Of course that's my opinion. LOL I'll also continue to ship H/Y because they're my FAVE couple. LOL

8. CSINYAddict

CSINYAddict Rookie

Yeah I still watch the older episodes and wish they were together. It's still nice seeing them together from older episodes.

HOT AVATAR >katpin31791

9. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Y-unworthy is about the size of it, yes. Re taking things to a lower level - if tgtb keep listening to DC's ideas, that is more than possible. *sigh*

Have a wonderful summer too drgnldy. I hope you will still visit us in here. :)

From what I've seen, it probably is better than s4-5 (could it get much worse, lol?) ;) I like the E/C developments - but, that's about it for me.

Welcome CSI_fan01. :D

10. katpin31791

Thanks a sweet dear friend of mine did it for me.:drool: I also enjoy the older eps compared to now but still think they could've dug into Horatios past with Yelina still on board. I guess it still bugs me Raymond died not knowing about Madison plus we don't even know what's become of her. I'll always love my fave couple.:lol:

11. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Hey, I haven't gave up either!...and I won't until the series finale (course by then they'll be together hopefully;)) ...I think the show has improved since seasons 4 and 5...the last couple episodes especially, so I've still got hopes for H/Y...they belong together and something's got to happen one way or the other.

12. ch3r12y

ch3r12y Witness

omg... did u guys see the finale?? the ending was brilliant... cant believe horatio got shot... i can't wait what will happpen next season.. there's one thing that i look forward to though - to see yelina on csim next season for sure hehehe :)

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  13. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

^ Horatio get shot ?! :eek: This is fracking unbelievable. Hope there was a lot of blood hahaha

So now we look for summer spoilers...

14. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

There wasn't alot of blood, in fact there was none. :( Sorry I sound sadistic.

IMO it was staged, but I haven't seen the entire epy yet only the shooting of H part. There's still a possibility that he got shot for real I guess we won't know till the season 7 premiere. That part I can wait.

What irks me the most is, is Ryan in on it??! Or was he just helping H stage the shooting? I'll have to wait till next season to find out. (Sorry OT)

Still it was very very gratifying to see H actually get shot, fall to the ground and writhe as if in pain, the go totally still. Awesome acting by DC. And the cracked sunnies, awesome touch! :thumbsup:

All I can say is if H got shot for real, Y had better be there at his bedside.

EDIT: I was afraid that H asked Julia and Kyle to the airfield cos he still cared for Julia, after watching the epy, I concluded he cares for her but not like in the romantic way, he was only trying to save Kyle. Is Julia in on H's shooting I don't know though tptb dropped hints to make us think that she was in on it, heck it looked like even Kyle could be in on it! Tptb just wanted us to keep guessing who was the real shooter.

IMO the shooting was staged. H is "pulling a Raymond" which bugs me cos, H was mad at Ray Sr for letting Y and Ray Jr think he was dead, and now H is doing the same. Ok given H will emerge from the dead a whole lot faster than Ray like in the next season but still... It bugs me no end about the Y issue. I get it he had very little time to decide how to go after Ron Saris, still it makes him kinda hypocritical.

You see the dilema:

If Y is in the season premiere: If H is "dead", Y has to be informed right? Then when she finds out H really isn't, she's gonna be real mad, and I can't believe H would let Y grieve over him. I mean they still got feelings for each other, especially Y for H.

If Y isn't in the premiere: It makes no sense that H is "dead", even if nobody from MDPD came to tell her, it would have been plastered over the news that's the purpose of H staging his "death". So if Y isn't in the season premiere, it would seem like she didn't care that he "died". It's just a major loophole if tptb want to have the HY storyarc in view for the very last season, they have to show some continuity.. or maybe not.... :scream: So theoretically she has to bein the premiere or at the very least learn about and react to H's "death".

So I'm undecided if I want Y in the season premiere. There're pros and cons. Though scenario one does seem better cos they might actually have a scene of her grieving over him then finding out that it's all fake and her getting mad at him, even that kind of interaction would be nice.

But IMO, tptb will probably leave Y out of the season premiere (unless they want to boost ratings and give her a bit part like in 'Ambush'). It's probably better that way, if she wasn't in the premiere.

Anyways if there's any spoiler about her being in the premiere from her website do post here and let us know, cos that'll give a good indication of where H/Y are headed next season.

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  15. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

^I agree..there are both positive and negatives takes on this whole situation...maybe it'll turn out that Yelina knew about this whole thing and knew what was going to happen...I just don't know how Horatio could not not tell her cause I wouldn't think he'd want to put her through the same thing Raymond did all those years. I mean, it hurt him to see her go through that, so why would he end up doing the same thing? Personally, I don't know what to think. I just know that, if not screwed up, there's some opportunity for development. *fingers crossed*