Horatio/Yelina #8: Waiting A Lifetime For A Moment Like This

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Lucy, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

That's what I'm thinking too. But they do have more than one relationship on NY with Mac/Peyton and D/L.

Very well said, exactly what I'm thinking but hope won't happen, ie waiting till the final season to get them together. I want to see them as a couple on the show.

Makes a whole lot of sense to me. And I feel that way too. One can rationalise that Rachel Turner and Marisol were an attempt of H's to move on while he thought Y was happy in Rio with Ray Sr, but now that Y's back and if she's supposed to be the woman he wanted for so long, shouldb't he stop being all sad about Marisol? I don't want Y to be one of the many, she needs to be his greatest love, the one and only for H, and I hope tptb address that. Though I think it's too much to ask of them.

2. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

That is interesting to note about her being involved in the key episodes but one also wonders if this is also on par with being fillers to remind us that Y is still part of the scenery albeit on the distant horizon. I guess on some level this is acceptable because her hat is still in the ring, so to speak.

I can't help thinking that the slightest encouragement from DC on this score within the past 2 and 1/2 years would have given us more Y involvement and ergo, one would hope more involved H/Y. This continues to rankle with me.

3. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Agreed on all points here. :) Your final point Tally, rankles with me too. I believe that this has everything to do with the airy one (that is so appropriate, as she had so little substance, hee!) getting involved with H, and this being DC's idea. The storyarc didn't work on so many levels, and yet, almost in order to save face, we keep seeing it dragged up in an attempt to give it some kind of credibility. It's time to cut their losses on this one, then we may be able to finally move on.

4. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

I just can't figure out why they just won't let that storyline go. I mean she's gone, let it go. I mean I can understand the man grieving, but they only knew each other what, like a month? Horatio acts like she was everything. I just wish they would forget that storyline. I'll admit, and please don't hate me, that had they done that storyline a little different and not rush things...it could have probably been decent. Although, it would have made me mad either way cause I don't want to see nobody with H besides Yelina.

There's one thing I've always liked though, and that's the fact that no matter what woman has crossed Horatio's path...he has never looked at them the way he does Yelina. Now whether that's David's idea or not, I don't know, but I'd like to think he likes the whole H/Y relationship. I mean even he can't deny the chemistry they have, which I don't think he ever has. I just wish he'd say something about it every once in awhile.

5. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

Indeed. For me, this is where DC really falls flat. It's obvious to even the Three Blind Mice that he has sufficient clout to "encourage" particular plot devices and storylines on Miami. One wonders at his lack of any real motivation where Y and H/Y are concerned. If he can wed the airy one at a drop of a hat then what does this say for two entire seasons (1 & 2) of painstakingly built up H/Y credibility? What's become of all of that good work?

Two and 1/2 years later and the gross absurdity of the machination involving the airy one still brings on ick the size of Montana. Crikey, he's had more of a relationship with his sunnies and he did with her so to continue to indulge in this sort of nonsensical reminiscing is just adding to the backward trudge.

Hmm, Luce, I'm having H/Y tirade deja vu... haven't had one of those for a while now. :alienblush: Hee. Feels good.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2008
  6. Lucy

I think the reason they can't let the storyline go is possibly the one suggested in my previous post, ie. H getting involved with the airy one was DC's idea, and even though it didn't come across well to the majority of fans, tgtb are attempting to give it credibility by clinging onto it, like that's going to add meaning and depth somehow. :rolleyes: I can really imagine them going through the scripts, and DC suggesting a reminiscent moment re Marisol.

The Marisol storyline would have been okay had she remained uninvolved with H, and if her cancer had been portrayed more convincingly. It was Eric's storyline really, until DC has his unfortunate flash of 'inspiration'. H could have been there for them both as a supportive friend/boss, defending them against Stetler etc, when Eric was getting marijuana for her. Once H became her guardian angel, it went downhill very fast.

Exactly!

Hee! It's definitely worth having one of these fairly regularly. Miami induced frustrations are best aired and shared. :D

7. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

True, but it's interesting that D/L seems to have cooled off (for now) and Peyton has split up with Mac. I wonder if the NY writers thought there was possibly too much of a focus on their characters' personal lives?

Ditto what Luce said, a good Miami venting once in a while is definitely a good thing. :thumbsup:

8. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

Hey, I know I'm just jumping in here & no I haven't been through all the posts so no doubt this has been mentioned & discussed but with introducing( name went out the window) Horatios sons mother, do ya think they may try a little romance there? LOL Wish they'd bring Sofia back for good though & forget this other nonsense. Glad we're gonna see some new eps though. Maybe they'll pick up where they left off. I won't hold my breath though. TPTB never finish what they start. LOL

9. Lucy

Good to see you again katpin. I hope all is well with you and the family. :)

I think we discussed Julia briefly, but I doubt very much that there will be a romantic connection made out of this. Not unless DC decides it might be a good idea. Sorry, couldn't resist!

:rolleyes: :lol:

10. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

Welcome back katpin! :D

My mind went there too! :lol:

I've been thinking again about the amount of time given (or not given) to personal relationships on the CSI shows. Even if E/C is getting a lot of attention (and I do quite like what they are doing with that), Yelina appears so rarely, that more personal H/Y scenes would hardly effect the crime solving/personal lives balance at all. Although it's always lovely to see her, it still feels like we are getting nowhere, so I hope there's more than just professional exchanges between H and Y this time.

11. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

I do agree that on TV shows once a pair get together there's usually the likelihood the writers will split them up after awhile to make the realtionship and things interesting. Even on LV with GSR too, with Sara gone.

Hence I'm of mixed feelings on it, if H/Y do get together they might spilt them up after awhile, which I totally hate, cos I just can't see that happening once they get together. So it maybe a good thing if they only get H/Y together at the show's end. On the other hand, I'd like to see H/Y interacting as a couple. But as they saying goes, better to have loved and lost than never to have loved before. (At least I think it goes like that;)) But as mentioned, Y appears so briefly that personal relationship would have no imapct on the crime solving part of the show.

As for Julia, I think she and H are like mortal enemies now, I think they're going to use her as H's evil-ex who'll contest for Kyle and try getting back at H. I doubt she'll be a love interest at all.

At this moment it's really anybody's guess as to what direction the writers are taking H/Y, especially after the strike. Let's hope for the best. *keeps fingers crossed*

After all this discusion, time for another pic to cheer things up?

12. katpin31791

Thanks Lucy.:) Have missed you & the thread here. Things are still somewhat crazy but am muddling(is that a word? lol) through it. :lol:Have had a few rough days. A very dear friend of mine passed away.:( He was another one that was just like a daddy to me. I'm sure gonna miss him.:( Hey Lucy did I tell ya I was a grandmother again? :)Can't remember if I'd mentioned it. Seems like it's been forever since I've been in here. :confused:Anyway, we were gonna go see her at the end of the month but can't.:( Will have to wait till summer. Take care of yourself.

*hugs*

13. Lucy

Very sorry to hear about your friend katpin. :( *hugs* Also, great news on being a grandmother again. You must visit us more often. ;)

Agreed, and in the first 3 seasons, all the lovely, always subtle H/Y scenes enriched the show no end. It needs that.

Okay, time for a pic, as requested....

[​IMG]

Definitely wriggling again. ;)

14. katpin31791

Thanks Lucy & great pic. We'd known for sometime that it was coming but......... He had to have a toe amputated about 2-3 mos ago then his leg & he started going downhill fast after that. I'm glad he's not suffering no more but I sure do miss him. It's not everyday that a lady is blessed having three daddys(one biological & the other two adoptive by mutual agreement). At least I know all three are together now. Will try to visit more often. I have read where Yelina I believe is on another ep before the season winds up? I just can't believe how much the show has changed. I know DC said he wanted Miami to stand out away from the other two but still. LOL I think it did just fine the way it was from S1-3. When they came back in S-4 & it was glamorized I think started the downfall. I really loved where H interacted with the kids. That's what hooked me but anymore. It's like watching a soap opera. There were eps that had me in tears by the end but anymore I laugh. Oh, I did read posts about Marisol. That was the biggest joke of all. LOL So I won't waste time with it.Take care & will try to jump in here more often. I have my friends funeral tomorrow & then another one Wed. A friend of mines mother passed away this past Sat. When it rains it pours. Take care sweety.

*hugs back*

15. drgnldy

drgnldy Police Officer

I don't see a romance for H and Julia ahead. Surely he knows she is not the person he fell for so long ago. Surely he realizes she is manipulative and scheming and very possibly guilty of more than he can prove. He must have his suspicions about her.

I agree with you all about the DC influence, or lack of it in the case of H/Y. Being the negative person that I am, I wonder whether DC is a little put off by the H/Y thing because Sofia is so popular. Its a story that started out being about H and his conflicted feelings, but soon took off and became about her and the relationship, too. We all know most of the stories come back to H on some level, and in this instance Y carries almost an equal part of the weight of this story line. Maybe DC thinks H is more interesting (blah!) as a sad sack. After all, no one feels as sorry for H as he does!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.