Horatio/Yelina #8: Waiting A Lifetime For A Moment Like This

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Lucy, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Edited.

2. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

:mad: Regarding the spoiler, how can H be thinking of her??!! That really makes me mad, it's time he got over her already! IMO he wasn't really that in love with her anyway! IMO H still loves Y the most, even if he doesn't realise it but I think he does.

I think the main reason he keeps asking Y to help him out is that he needs an exuse to see her. She can't be the only P.I. in Miami, and she indulges him cos she knows that's probably the only way she gets to see him, and let's him "use" her in that way. But it's real gracious of her, and I hope H appreciates her and does something in return soon. She must really love him to indulge H in this way. Any other woman would have given up and moved on by now.

3. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

Is that a "H may be thinking of the airy one" or was it actually mentioned that he was thinking of her? That would be decidedly odd.

Good grief, I hope tgtb aren't going for a "plot symmetry" with Eric and Calleigh. That would be a whole suitcase of yuck. :scream:

4. Lucy

I would definitely agree with that. ;) Also, tgtb know that Yelina/Sofia is liked by fans, so I think they like to appease us to some degree. Also, Yelina gives them interesting plot options. I only wish they would act on one! Realistically though, H could indeed employ any PI to help him, though he obviously trusts Yelina completely, and it does give him a convenient excuse to see her. I would much rather find out that he visits Y and Ray Jnr socially as well though.

It's a 'may be'. Purely my interpretation, because he's sitting there all alone, staring at the ground close to the altar. I hope I'm wrong and just being paranoid! ;)

5. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

He's next to an altar? Luce, you're probably right then.... he's beating himself up over the Airy One. Judas priest on a tricycle, then it's not that odd but much more like tiresome. (Miami-induced patranoia... our collective affliction :) )

I think we've always imagined that at some point H would eventually notice the Y-anvil that's been this short of dropping on him and that he'd eventually do something inspired. Y returning as a PI made an awful lot of good sense as that would be the next "best thing" and indeed left a fair bit of latitude to explore. Unfortunate again that tgtb haven't exercised this option.

I guess if they tgtb still have SM around even if it is as an outlier, that has to mean something, somewhere and somehow in Miami-verse, yeah? Mid-S6 and we're still wishing that H would wake up and smell the palm trees...

6. Lucy

Well, he's sitting on the front row of seating (where the family members would sit) striking a very forlorn pose. Tiresome is right. It annoys me that tgtb keep making such a thing of this. It's almost like they keep alluding to it because the whole farce was DC's idea, and by bringing it up, somehow that makes it meaningful. Ugh.

Yes, as tgtb still have Y around, one assumes it must mean something. As many have said, why bring her back otherwise? Two and a half years and counting......

7. ametista

ametista Prime Suspect

I don’t know, but for me it feels as if tgtb don’t know what to do with Y character and have trouble in deciding/making their minds up how to move forward with her. I mean there are so many ways Y could have been written in on a more personal level to this H/Kyle story line, not only as P.I. investigating. It feels as if they not even trying to get her more involved. Even if Y was not in the epis, she at least could have been mentioned in one way or the other.

And a bit of speculation… I was just thinking with DC ability to convince tgtb to follow his ideas for story lines and such, just how much power he has over things that happen in Miami. I’m still fairly new to H/Y and this board, and I maybe mistaken, but I don’t really remember what is DC position on H/Y, does he support or is he against H/Y? Anyway, I was thinking what if it’s DC, who doesn’t want his character H to be involved with Y on a more personal level? I wonder would DC be able to have influence over such things?

8. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Agreed. They're bringing Y back for a reason, and I do believe H/Y getting together is going to happen, it's just a matter of when. Of course, with SM's show 'The Border' going for another season, tptb have to learn to use her wisely, and make the most of each of her appearances in Miami. I hope there're no filming schedule conflicts though.

I believe it was mentioned before, by Lucy I think, tptb know that there're lots of people like us rooting for H/Y and alot of fans like SM so they're stringing us along, till they decide it's time for H to move on with Y and vice versa. TIll then they bring in Y now and then just to keep us happy and remind viewers that H hasn't completly forgotten her. And they have theses little chemistry-filled scences to show there's stil hope for H/Y.

We know SM is for H/Y but DC has always been silent as far as we all know about H/Y. I believe he has to be for it somewhat if not it'll be kinda hard to pull off those chemistry-filled, sizzling looks between them. But he also could be neutral about it, it's hard to say. But I really hope he's for H/Y cos we know DC's word has alot of pulling power with tptb.

Actually correct me if I'm wrong, IMO DC wanted H to marry her-who-should-not-be-named, but was it his idea for H to become a widower? Or was it cos DC just wanted H to be married to someone? Cos then it would make some sense, tptb would allow H to get married but not Y (hopefully yet) cos they had intentions of killing of his wife. And tptb don't want Y dead, so they put in some subsitute?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2008
  9. drgnldy

drgnldy Police Officer

What spoiler??? I haven't seen this. . . .:eek:

I agree 100% with all this, Hrockz It's so totally disgusting.:scream:

The Border is going for another season? That's good and bad. I thought it was just a mini-series. It's great for Sofia, but not so great for Miami fans. I was hoping for lots of face time for her next season.:rolleyes:

Again, I agree. It does feel that way. I've thought that and related things for a long time, but have been trying not to see them. The fact that you all mention them means its not just me. :( I'm not sure that even my rose-colored, surreal specs can help me now.

10. Lucy

Agreed. As always, so much wasted creative potential (so far).

As Hrockz mentioned, DC always plays his cards very close to his chest re Yelina. He seems to have quite a strong influence though, and maybe he does think there could be a future for them, who knows. Corey Miller did say that the door has certainly not closed on these two, but they both need time to get over the deaths of their respective spouses. Hmmm....

Re the death of Marisol, I imagine that was probably an idea from the writers, to make the final episodes of Season 4 dramatic. It's still interesting though, that the death of Marisol led them to Rio and Yelina/Ray/Ray Jnr. So, even with this, there is a strong link to Yelina. This led her back to Miami. So, even without rose coloured specs (lol!), this has to be heading somewhere, or alternatively, we are going around in circles!

11. drgnldy

drgnldy Police Officer

Well considering the source, going around in circles is the most likely scenario.

And even using the circle as metaphor where continuity is the order of the day - no ends loose or otherwise, no beginning no end, just flow - I wonder whether tgtb will ever bring things back to where they started - where they belong.

12. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

I agree about the going around in circles, but in my opinion, they can't do that forever. I mean people are going to get tired it. They've got to go somewhere with this relationship. It's been built up too much for something not to happen. I still think they'll get together and I'm sticking to that until I'm proved otherwise. I've seen too much evidence for H/Y and they are guilty.:devil:

13. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

I love this "multi-quote" function. :p

Yeah maybe tptb had to incorporate both ideas the dramatic seaon finale and trying to get Y back into the picture. So it worked out well (I mean I'm glad they killed off you-know-who :thumbsup:). It's also interesting to note that Y is in every episode where something significant happens in H's life, in 'Rio' H took revenge when he shouldn't have. And then in 'Dangerous Son' when H finds out about Kyle, so there's no denying the link between H and Y and I'm glad the storylines are that way, perhaps the writers are waiting to culminate it in something. Or maybe I'm overly optimistic.

Very well said. It could even make a great title for our new thread! :D Hopefully things will come full circle and like I said I think they will but I hope it happens real soon.

You're not the only one CSIz_4_H. I totally agree with you. We're not imagining things, H/Y are not a ship, they're canon!

I guess us on this thread are an overly optimistic bunch to have lasted this long since s1 to hang on to the thin thread that is H/Y. I just want us to be rewarded for our patience, and I hope soon.

14. drgnldy

drgnldy Police Officer

I have a sneaky suspicion (fear!) that bringing them together might happen with the culmination of the show. For tgtb this could be a 'full circle' completion of their story. But they have danced around one another for so long, that I want to see what they're like together - a tango!

There is another aspect of this that I don't like, that is in recent years - since H told Y he couldn't go there - there have been several women in his life, and he seems to feel sentimental and melancholy about all of them. Its almost as tho' Y is one of the many, and I want her to be more special than that. Make any sense?

15. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

For me, this is the crux of it. Yes, I'm sure it's partly to appease the fans, but tgtb do seem to want to keep Yelina involved, and as has been mentioned, she's often around in key episodes.

Also, with all the romantic vibes surrounding Eric and Calleigh at the moment, I imagine that they would bide their time concerning other relationships. Plus, the grieving over Marisol factor. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.