Horatio & Yelina #6: A Sense of Belonging - So Say We All!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Horatio & Yelina #6 - A Sense of Belonging - So Say We A

here all the links to ours previous threads ;)
Oh boy! Pay dirt!

Oops. Maybe that was too short. (Maybe I should add something having to do with this thread (you think?) I was going to try and keep quiet for awhile 'cause I've been talking too much, especially for a newby, but here's a question for consideration:

In regards to S6; what has to happen in order for our couple to be able to move on from here? I mean, do they need to deal with some of the stuff between them (possible dishonesty - my pet pieve), or will all that just be water under the bridge and magically disappear?

Thanks for the wonderful pics Tati.

Yes the eyes speak volumes. H's heart is breaking you can just hear it as she hugs him. And the look in Y's eyes, is like 'I can't believe you did this for us, I'm so in love with you but I'll go for my son's sake.'

And you can tell they both don't want to say goodbye. The scene with Ray Sr looking away as they hug just shows he knows there's something going on between his brother and wife. And H looks away when Y hugs Ray Sr too, cos he can't bear to see it.

I must have seen that last scene from '10-7' a million times and analysed it in my head and it still is like the best played out scenes by DC and SM. So heart-wrenching. *tear*

drgnldy said: will all that just be water under the bridge and magically disappear?

Knowing certain PTB (who shall remain nameless), probably. They don't seem to be very good at continuance. In some cases, anyway...

So new question. In 'BB' H says that things changed when Ray died. Come again? Was it ok for him to be in love with Y when Ray was alive? Or is it just that there's the added guilt? What do you guys think?

I have missed the entire 2 season, which I understand is the best H/Y season so far. And I've only seen the youtube clips of s2 (btw, huge thanks to Pusher for that), but that should change as we having reruns of s1 and s2 on tv, the first ep with Y, would be on monday...
Anyway, I don't have that great knowledge of those two, but I would like to comment on H huge guilt issues. It really gets to me and I thought about that a lot. And this is how I imagine H/Y/R past that wasn't shown on tv.
Ray was rarely at home, and it was H, who filled his part, knowing H caring tendencies. H & Y are drawn to each other from the moment they meet, and since they spend so much time together, they get to know each other very well and it’s only natural that they fall madly in love. But it's forbidden love, the one that they can't act upon. And feelings as strong as theirs even suppressed tend to grow even stronger/bigger until the moment it only takes one tiny thing for it to explode. What I want to say with this is that I believe that something did happen between H/Y, when Ray was still alive, they at least have had a kiss, maybe more.
Yes, I'm aware of H strong sense of honor/justice, and that he would not act on his feelings, cause it's inappropriate, he would suppress them. But he just a human, a man... and it takes just only so little to slip.
So, getting back to the guilt part. Ray's death is like a cold wake up shower for H. I think, H was kinda angry at his bro, for the way he treated Y and his son, leaving them alone for long time and such... and since he said he thought what would have been if he met Y first, then at unconscious level he wanted his bro out of the picture in some way. I'm not saying that he wanted Ray to die, it’s just that when you love someone like H loves Y, somewhere deep inside you tend to think like: how I wish I met her first, how I wish I could love her freely, that she was my wife and such. Then Ray dies… and H feel responsible for it, in general and more so because of his thoughts. He blames himself for Ray’s death, thinking he could’ve tried harder to save his bro, if he was not in love with his brother’s wife.
That would also explain why H send away Y with his bro to Brazil. When H learns that his bro is alive he feels like he’s been given a second chance for not saving his brother the first time around and so this time he makes sure does everything right, letting go the woman he loves completely.

Sorry for the long post, hope that makes sense. Sometimes it gets really frustrating, when English is not your mother tongue, and you want to express your thoughts, and they don’t turn out the way you want them to.

^ I think you explain very well H/Y/Ray Sn. relationship/connection and I agree with the biggest part of your post. ;) Hope you will enjoy your self watching S 1-2 on your TV.

btw drgnldy , no need to worry that you 'speak a lot'... Last night I want to replay to one of your posts, but just don`t find any free time. Anyway we all are here to talk for ours fav couple and it`s always nice to 'hear' what the rest think about them. Even not always to agree with some one opinion, the fun to post here is still huge :)

Lunalove said: So new question. In 'BB' H says that things changed when Ray died. Come again? Was it ok for him to be in love with Y when Ray was alive? Or is it just that there's the added guilt? What do you guys think?

I`m little lazy to answer more fully.... But for me this part: "Then Raymond died. And everything changed." is the scared uncomfortably truth for H. Yelina openly tell H that she want to move forward with him. But ours man just....try to find the next wall (obstacle/guilt) to not act on his true feeling, coz as he (or Yelina) said in this epi : And it is easy to get used to those boundaries.. (re Yelina been his bro wife) Men ! :rolleyes:

ametista you explained yourself perfectly clear to me, and I think you made a very good point. And I agree with what you said.

I think you nailed the answer to Lunalove's question. H and Y harboured secret feelings for each other which they both knew about, but since it was forbidden couldn't act upon. Then when Ray died it compounded H's guilt. Hence his self-impossed barriers to keep him from acting on his feelings for her.

Fic update again.
http://talk.csifiles.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=1195787&page=0&vc=#Post1195787

*shy*

Hi guys - I'm a total newbie and just wanted to join in finally - I've been shipping H/Y since S2. How could I not - they just fit! The only times H isn't driving me ever so slightly batty is when he's with Y - I love how this big tough, indestructible cop is reduced to a squirming teenager just by her presence. Its cute!

Anyway, I've been reading here since thread #5 I think, and its great to find some likeminded people.

Hope I didn't break any rules with this post - still learning.

Hi GCHYMSx2,
welcome :) I'm a newbie myself, and I know how it feels. Ppl here are really warm, nice and helpful.
H/Y are really amazing, and before you know it you're totally smitten with them.

*Waves* Hello GCHYMSx2! :)

GCHYMSx2 said:The only times H isn't driving me ever so slightly batty is when he's with Y - I love how this big tough, indestructible cop is reduced to a squirming teenager just by her presence. Its cute!

Yeah, I think that's everybody's favorite H. (Except perhaps me. My favorite H is Mini H and on a very, very close second I have Y-induced H.) ;)

Hope I didn't break any rules with this post - still learning.
Not any that I can think of. You're a H/Y shipper and that's what matters! :D

ametista & Pusher you both make excellent points and I agree with you both! :)

Well you guys make excellent points and i have got nothing to add to that so I guess I should just post some more pictures :p

bscap894.jpg

Oooh walking in the corridor together, Oh god I miss those scenes!

ALMOST forgot!

HY77.jpg
HY78.jpg

^ Ah, 'Simple Man'. I just had a 'guess this quote' with this scene in the C.S.I. Hangman thread. (It was me who postet it, of course) ;)
Beautiful avvies Tati!

So new question. In 'BB' H says that things changed when Ray died. Come again? Was it ok for him to be in love with Y when Ray was alive? Or is it just that there's the added guilt? What do you guys think?

I almost totally agree with ametista on this. I think that they probably had an easy comradery (sp?) while Ray was alive because of the natural outgrowth of extended families doing things together. I'm sure they both knew they were/could be attracted to one another, but never thought beyond that because they both loved Raymond, and it was natural for them to have affection for one another and for deep friendship to grow. I think that it was only after Ray died that H realized either how strong his feelings were for Y, or that she was someone he could easily fall in love with. And then, of course, in the years that followed he proceeded to do just that: fall in love with her. THAT'S when the guilt got him, because even tho' Raymond was dead, he found himself in the position of loving his brother's wife. In other words (and far fewer!) it snuck up on him.

I have to say how much I admire those of you who are fluent enough in a second language to do this. I never get tired or reading your writing - it's quite charming (almost like an accent!) and you put forth your ideas very understandably. Kudos to you.

Lunalove: who's Mini H?

Greetings Ametista and GCHYMSx2. I am only a few days older than you :)

drgnldy said:Lunalove: who's Mini H?

Look at my icon... ;) It's from 'Hurricane Anthony'. Yelina hears a kitten and goes into a house where she finds the feline version of H. :lol:

And you make some very good points as well! :)

Welcome ametista and GCHYMSx2! :D

Thanks for all the pics and you have all been making some very interesting points. Also thanks Pusher for posting links to all the previous H/Y threads. I have just been reading back on the very first thread for old times sake, and, wow, it was fascinating to read! I have 'saved' all the threads so they won't drop off the archive when they get too old. :)
Tally said: They really need to invent new vocabulary for the en toto greatness that is BSG. Think for now, I'll borrow "SUPERFANTABULISTIC" from Jennings & Darbyshire. :)
Yes, very apt! :D There really aren't enough superlatives in the english language when it comes to praising BSG.

How did that title come to be in my profile, and can I change it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back