Horatio & Yelina #6: A Sense of Belonging - So Say We All!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Horatio & Yelina #6 - A Sense of Belonging - So Say We A

Thanks for the lovely wallpaper katpin and the pictures Kit! :D I am sorry I haven't been around much for the last couple of days. I am currently having internet problems at home, which may not be fixed for some time due to a major cable fault. I will pop in when I can, but I know that you will all keep the H/Y flag flying without me - please! ;)

Hey Lucy, hope your internet problems at home soon to be fix. I already miss you. :( You know that can count on ours help - re crazy ass task force to deal with yours net deliverer or we can come and dig in your back yard to find this cable fault more quickly ;)

Thanks as always for this lovely pics Kit and to you Hrockz for ur wonderful updates. :)

I was think this days that if TPTB have lack of ideas and creative imagination how to bring H and Yelina together, they just can start S6 premiere with only one comment that H start date his lady over the summer and to move on ... heheh :devil:

Well, I need a fix, and there's not too much action here for the moment, so I'll just throw something out. My skin is tough, so feel free to give me your honest thoughts - I won't get my feelings hurt.

I relate to this show on two different planes - REAL and SURREAL. They don't mesh well, in fact they are completely incongruent. Problems arise when I want people in the SURREAL plane to behave as though they were REAL. I find myself sometimes wanting to yell at the TV, "No one I know would do that!" That's when I know it's time to put on my magic spectacles so that the SURREAL comes into better focus. For instance, in the REAL world, Yelina would have ditched H long ago because she could not trust his veracity or his intent (and the fact that he needs professional help, and also maybe that he has no joy in him). In the SURREAL world, she continues to let him make it up as he goes along and manipulate her into places where she has only one choice. (Don't we keep saying she's smart and strong? So why is she always a wussy girl with him?) In this same SURREAL world he has railroaded her onto a plane (sorry for the mixed metaphor!) with an undead deadbeat husband, and talked her into signing away her career just like that. Oh yeah *heavy sarcasm* all the women I know would do that. And she never questions, never has anything to say about the dishonesty of it all. (Smart and strong?). Sorry, I think I took off my special eye glasses halfway through this paragraph. Did I mention they have lenses thicker than the bottoms of coke bottles?

Having said all that, I admit that they are SO HOT in either world that I just have to see lots of them! While pushing buttons on the remote, I happened (by great good luck!) to catch Sofia's first scene in S1, where Yelina is saying that she's glad he's alright. That's all it took! I am now a H/Y addict. I will watch an entire show waiting for a couple of minutes of interaction between them. (Is there something sad about that?) I have to face the fact that I LOVE this couple and will gladly polish up my special glasses if we can only see lots of them come September!

drgnldy said: I will watch an entire show waiting for a couple of minutes of interaction between them. (Is there something sad about that?)
If it is then I'm sad with you. ;)
Yeah I agree that you can look at the characters actions in either way (real/surreal). Y is strong and therefor she probably would have something (a lot) to say if it wasn't for certain PTB. I think I'll just keep those glasses on and ignore reality. I'm best at that anyway... :lol:

I know what you mean. I do it quite well in my own life as well.

(OK, I still haven't figured out this 'quote' thing. How do I separate out the sentence I want to respond to?)

In regards to the PTB, I'm sure that Yelina is (in comparison) an unimportant character. What I mean is, she is only there for H to play off of - a flat surface to reflect his feelings - so we get a character not really allowed to be a real person herself.

I watch an entire ep of Miami just for H but I try imagining Y in every scene with him. I wonder if that's sadder or more obsessive. :p

Sorry Luce to hear about your internet, hope it gets fixed soon. Like Pusher said, I'm missing your presence. But no worries we'll keep the H/Y flag flying high as always.

Regarding your comment drgnldy, I don't think that the fact that Y is waiting for H seems surreal. Let's put it this way, when you're in love with someone and I mean madly in love you tend to give the person more leeway than you would other people.

We've discussed this before, H didn't force Y onto the plane in '10-7', she went for Ray Jr's sake. As a mother she was thinking in the best interest of her son who had ran to his father the minute he saw him. And they were husband and wife afterall, so perhaps she wanted to give Ray Sr another chance.

And she did get tired of waiting for H, that's why she dated Stetler. But he turned out to be the wrong choice of boyfriend.

As to why she is strong at times but wussy with H, I think it's a natural reaction, if you're madly in love with someone. I mean I guess IMO H has the ability to make alot of women go weak. But in fact Y is one of those who can, or has the ability to put him in his place.

The only instance I can think of when she was 'weak' with him was in 'Rio'. At other times I think H didn't force her into anything.

Having said all that I have to say that Y is a very gracious and patient woman for allowing H to be so wishy-washy around her. If I were her I'd get sick of waiting for this man to make a move, I'll issue him an ultimatum, do something or I'm moving on without you! But perhaps tptb are trying to make a point that Y loves H that much to wait for him. That and the fact that they want to drag this H/Y thing for as long as they can. :mad:

Hey kit4na I'm really sorry about the news. Wish there was something I could say or do. Hope this will cheer ya up. Have downloaded new brushes & trying them out so..................hopefully this turned out okay. Take care sweety. Loved the ep I got the pics from. Stetler gets a what for once again. LOL

I think you are right about a lot. My problem with the plane thing is that H let Y think he was the one going with her. If she had the opportunity to know up front who it was she would be going to Brazil with (and before Ray Jr had seen his dad) would she have given up her career so easily?

Also, waiting for someone is one thing, but putting up with dishonest behavior is another.

Thank you katpin31791, love the new wallpaper. Using it as my desktop as we speak ;) The people on this thread have really helped me in the last couple of days, so thank you all of you!

I'll swing by with another picture later on but first it's fic time. Oh and I got my copy of black point in the mail today so .. ;)

In my opinion :)

If only H had gone on the plane with her..

Yes, they could have lived happily ever after in SURREAL land. I just found my glasses, and now they're back on my face where they belong. :)

I think deep down inside H probably knew if given a choice Y may not have gone on that plane if she knew it was Ray Sr and not H she was going with.

But he felt obliged to "return" her to his brother so he had to be dishonst with her. Another thing was that they were running from the feds so maybe H couldn't tell Y even if he wanted to at the point.

But we do know H tells Y white lies or keeps things from her in an attempt to protect her. And that's why Y was so mad at him about the whole Suzy and Madison thing. Cos she didn't like him lying to her.

I agree with you. And that "protection" thing is feeble, feeble, feeble. (She's smart and strong, remember?) Who's going to protect her from him? No one, as we've seen. What H wants is what H gets. That "belonging" to any guy thing bugs me too - that's my feminism showing. She belongs to herself. I admit that some Y chromosome people disagree with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back