Horatio & Yelina #6: A Sense of Belonging - So Say We All!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Horatio & Yelina #6 - A Sense of Belonging - So Say We A

You can't control who you fall in love with and as it is Ray Jr. would be extremely selfish if simply because he thinks its weird he would prevent the two people (alive) he loves most in the world to be happy.
I have to agree with you here Lunalove. Sure, Ray Jnr would probably need time to adjust, but how he reacts would very much depend on how mature he is. Yes, teenagers can be rebellious and selfish, and it wouldn't surprise me if the writers made an issue out of this, as Pusher suggested. I like to think and certainly hope, that he would ultimately understand (and rather like the idea, too) and put any potential feelings of 'this is a bit weird' to one side and be able to look at the bigger picture - the fact that happiness, stability and of course, love, should be the most important factors in all of this.

A very warm welcome to the H/Y thread drgnldy! :)
Luce, I absolutely love your new icon and banner! :D
Thanks MD! Not my own work of course - cinegirl made the banner and I have been collecting BSG icons over at the BSG icon LiveJournal. There is so much talent out there! :D
Ray Jn.: You never come around anymore.
H: I guess I'm just trying to give your mom some space.
Ray Jn: She doesn't need space.
Pusher, you read my mind! I was reflecting on this very same piece of dialogue when thinking about this topic. ;)

Thank you for the welcome. This is my first experience with a forum, so if I break a rule, please let me know. I will just try to maintain normal respect and consideration for others, and hope that does the trick!

Sure hope this thread remains really active over the summer, else how will I stand it til we find out whether H/Y will take off again?

Oh no worries this topic will always have some activity. Mainly because I can't shut up about it :p

Well some people find it wrong that H could become Ray Jr' dad & uncle some don't. I personally don't have a problem with it. If Ray Sr would still be alive I would find it a tiny bit wrong but now nope..

I would sooooooo love to know how H/Y met. And if she was already with Raymond than? Don't think they'll ever explain that in the soap.. In one of the books it's mentioned that they were in relationship but than broke up and than she got married to Ray. I'm glad it's not like that in the show.. it would raise the question: why dump H? He's sssssmokin' :devil:

Welcome to the thread drgnldy ! It's heartwarming knowing there are more H/Y fans out there. Let me introduce all of us here for a second k? We have a crazy danish (Lunalove), Hrockz (she writers GREAT H/Y fanfics), Lucy (brings us spoilers now & than :)), Pusher (Great knowledge of H/Y) and others but I can't remember them (sry) oh and me. But there's nothing special about me, *snif* :rolleyes:

But I am bringin' a present.

Picture from Hell Night. When H sees Yelina, Stetler and Ray jr get in the elevator. Y & S are holding hands :(

bscap1076.jpg

Raise your right hand if you wanted to give H a hug.

*rises right hand*

Raise your left hand if you wanted to kick Stetler's ass..

*rises left hand*

Raise both your hands if you want to hug H again and again and yeah again..

*raises both hands*

Mhoehahaha

Welcome drgnldy . We seem to be geting new H/Y fans alot lately joining us which is a good thing.

As for the issue with Ray Jr, I honestly don't think it's weird at all. If you grew up without a father and you had this great uncle who'd pretty much been a father-figure to you all along, I don't think you'd mind. I wouldn't, and I grew up in a family situation much like Ray Jr. In fact I'd be glad to know there's this great guy taking care of my mom.

The only issue I think any kid might have is that the new stepdad trying to take his father's place. As seen from '10-7' and 'Rio', Ray Jr loves his dad very much. So he may have issues in that manner but maybe not since H has been like a father to him all these years.

And I also think that now that Ray Jr is a teenager he might be the one tptb use to put am obstacle in H/Y's way, but I also think tptb would let Ray Jr come to accept that his mom and uncle love each other. And as far as I know Ray Jr still respects and obeys H alot as in 'Rio'. Uncle Horatio is just what the kid needs right now as a teenager. And from 'Burned' we learn that H has been in constant contact with him, and it's hard not to believe that H's been a positive influence on Ray Jr.

So in the end even if Ray Jr does have an issue with H/Y initially, he come to see and understand and not object to them. As mentioned, in 'Hell Night' what Ray Jr said already proves that the kid knows that his mom and uncle have a thing for each other. How can you not notice from the looks those two give each other? :p

Actually if I do see a more possible person objecting to H/Y it might be Eric. Cos well much as we hate it H was married to his sister and Eric had reservations about that to begin with. And his loyalty to his sis ter might lead him to believe that H is in a sense "betraying" his sister when H gets together with Y.

Luce I guess we'd all greatly appreciate it (well at least I would) if you dropped an email regarding our wish for SM back regularly in s6 and for H/Y to get together to Corey.

drgnldy this thread is always active as far as I know. We keep the H/Y flag flying high. :D

I've updated my fic, go check it out.
http://talk.csifiles.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=1193246&Main=1185702#Post1193246

EDIT: Tati we posted almost the same time! *raises both hands jumping up and down* I wanna hug H! I wanna hug H!
And don't say you don't bring anything to this thread, you post great pics, no doubt. Oh and you make awesome icons.

Kit4na said:

I would sooooooo love to know how H/Y met. And if she was already with Raymond than? Don't think they'll ever explain that in the soap.. In one of the books it's mentioned that they were in relationship but than broke up and than she got married to Ray. I'm glad it's not like that in the show.. it would raise the question: why dump H? He's sssssmokin' :devil:

What books??? Are there books???

Yeah there are csi miami books :) Got 2 of them.. They're very good actually.. Check the merchandise thingie on this site , there you'll find more info

From what Horatio said I believe in BB to Yelina is that if he & Yelina had met first................so that tells me that Raymond & Yelina must've already been together when she met Horatio. Plus also I don't think Ray Jr would have a prob with H/Y getting together. I think he'd want his mom happy. He'd rather have had them two together than R/Y. Just my opinion.

Yeah in the show they reffer to it as H has met Yelina after she has met Raymond. BUT we don't know if Ray and herself were together already..

Like I said I still like that version the best. But I hope they will reffer to that again sooner or later :D me want details!

Kit4na
At least in the books we have a hurt Horatio, or we still have our superhero.

Well I'm almost finished with the 2nd book no hurt H yet.. maybe in the other books. Gonna buy them soon.

Kit4na But there's nothing special about me, *snif*
That's so not true, Tati! Don't you listen to her, drgnidy (and welcome on board)! I wouldn't have my wonderful avvie, this thread would be way quieter and just a bit saner if it wasn't for Kit . ;) I'm not the only crazy person in here...maybe the craziest, but not the only one... :lol:

And Tati I'm sitting here with both hands raised, typing with my, errrrm, nose? :D

Books? Must. Read. The. Books. NOW! What with no new epis untill sep. could there be any better way to wait? (Other than re-watching all the H/Y-epis, of course...). :p

I haven't figured out yet how to put a quote at the top of my post to let you know exactly what I'm responding to, so I'll just have to say that I'm addressing the issue of Eric not being in favor of H/Y. As I mentioned before, I haven't seen any of these episodes - just read everything you all have said about them - but I wonder whether Eric might have realized that H was just marrying his sister because H felt sorry for her and wanted to make her happy for awhile. After all, Y wasn't around, and M was probably dying anyway. So mightn't Eric already know that Y is H's real love, and be happy for them? In a way, it's that same thing as H not wanting to go with Y to keep from betraying his dead brother. I just have to ask, how long does someone have to be dead for their still-living partners are allowed to have a real life again?

Which brings me to the same ol' question again - as far as H's feelings about his brother's wife, how is now any different from then?

I haven't figured out yet how to put a quote at the top of my post to let you know exactly what I'm responding to

on the top of every user post have three buttons: Reply Quote Quick Reply. If you want to reply to some post/user, you only need to push Quote button and Bingo. Hope this is little help. :rolleyes:

And re Eric not being in favor of H/Y.... hummmm, I don`t think he will make problems if H and Yelina decide to become couple. OK I agree that he wasn`t a lot happy to know that H date his sis. But this wasn`t like wow my boss what to ...errr *beep*... my little sis. From what I remember Eric only was worried, coz Aerosol was dying and he simply try to protect her from doing something ... not stupid, but can`t find the right word... something rash. For me Eric even try to warn Horatio that he don`t need to be so obliged toward his sis (re she have cancer and H nature is to save the day). In the end in S4 we all see that Eric go to H/A wedding - he understand his sis, see her happy and support her. Maybe coz it`s morning and I`m too asleep, my thought are little mixed-up. But my conclusion in the end is that Eric won`t be against future H/Y relationship. Not in last place in S 1-5 we have a lot examples that the whole team knows how strong (deep/long) are H &Y feelings. ;)

I just have to ask, how long does someone have to be dead for their still-living partners are allowed to have a real life again?

Don`t know man, maybe we will figure out in S6 hehe

Hey guys we have new H/Y fic. It`s write by ametista, hope there won`t be problem if I post the link here. ;)

The Unguarded Moment

I just have to ask, how long does someone have to be dead for their still-living partners are allowed to have a real life again?
Good question. I think in real life it takes as long as the living decide it should. In H/Y's case, as long as tptb decide it should... unfortunately.

Which brings me to the same ol' question again - as far as H's feelings about his brother's wife, how is now any different from then?
Another good question. IMO, I think H somehow had the feeling Ray wasn't really dead especially in s3 so he did like feel like he could act on his feelings to Y. I think somewhere in the middle of s3, H might have been ready to act on his feelings for Y and perhaps was working out his guilt over Ray's "death". But tptb had to throw in Madison and Stetler. After 'Whacked' I felt like H was really ready to act on those feelings, but the of course Ray was resurrected from the dead.

But now that Ray is dead for real, I think we're back to where they were in 'Whacked'. Meaning if H can get over Marisol :rolleyes:, the fact that Y is his siter-in-law, or the guilt that he felt from Ray's "death" shouldn't keep him from acting on his feelings to Y anymore. There honestly is no more reason to keep these two apart.

Updated my fic again. Thanks Tati and Luce on ansering my querry about H's fave dish.
http://talk.csifiles.com/showflat.php?Ca...ID=#Post1193931

Well since not everybody checks the fan art department. I thought I might post my H/Y icons here also. Feel free to use or snag or whatever :p

HY73.jpg
HY74.jpg
Y34.jpg

Oooh nice a new fic writer AND an update from Hrockz, what is it Christmas?! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back