Horatio & Yelina #6: A Sense of Belonging - So Say We All!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Horatio & Yelina #6 - A Sense of Belonging - So Say We A

I think one email with all of our ideas etc will be sufficient enough.. no? :p

Wouldn't wanne flood his email haha

(oh hell, I'll send an email anyway :lol: )

*edit seems that email doesn't exist :'(

I'm not suggesting we flood his e-mail address (I know you were kidding, lol). ;) That e-mail address should be fine, unless it has been changed very recently.

Also, I feel it's better to send him feedback rather than ideas. No harm in asking questions either (though he tends to be very vague). Of course, telling him we want to see more Yelina is also a good idea! :D

EDIT: I've just sent an e-mail to that addy, and it worked okay. :)

I just read somewhere that AOL's anti spam software is kinda messed up so a lot of ppl who aren't spammers get blocked in the process. Well let's find away around that..

* Well seems the only way to get past it, is to pay for it. Which is like, not gonna happen..

Oh and I brought a gift!

bscap1071.jpg

She can't keep her eyes of off him. Who can blame her , right?

Perhaps Steve Maeda had considerable foresight to see this sort of apathy building up hence his taking off for greener pastures.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if that's what happened. His influence did seem to keep the show on an even keel. Post Season 3, it seemed to just lose it's way and it still hasn't recovered really. One of the reasons for that is that Yelina kept Horatio grounded and without her, his character just seems sadly lacking in substance. Rather like the show itself!
there's always room for a new category of night time "TV Melodrama" for the likes of post-S3 Miami.
Lol, absolutely! :D Surely it would win hands down. ;)

Post Season 3, it seemed to just lose it's way and it still hasn't recovered really. One of the reasons for that is that Yelina kept Horatio grounded and without her, his character just seems sadly lacking in substance. Rather like the show itself!
Yes, an interesting parallel can be drawn here which relates to both the H character and the show. Both have suffered at the hands of poor writing and some misguided decisions made by tptb (and DC himself where Marisol is concerned). If Yelina can be brought back into the fold effectively, I think we could definitely see a improvement on both fronts. A few scenes here and there won't cut it for me. We need her back in a fairly significant role - even if she isn't a regular, she can still be effective if her role as a guest star is well handled and moves the story forward. :)
Lol, absolutely! :D Surely it would win hands down. ;)
Most definitely. ;) It would probably slot into the 'Soap' category quite comfortably too, especially for Season 4! Even without the planned 'baby' storyline. *shudder*

A few scenes here and there won't cut it for me. We need her back in a fairly significant role - even if she isn't a regular, she can still be effective if her role as a guest star is well handled and moves the story forward.
Yup maybe you should email exactly this post to Corey. It basically sums up what we want. Then after some time we could send him some email reminders of what we want, so that we don't like flood his mailbox.

I suppose if you sent it Lucy it may add more weight, since he's already been corresponding with you.

Thanks for the pic Tati, if I were Y I'd be looking at H all the time too :lol:

Good to see ya, Swanny. :) You're darn tootin' right "Yelina kept Horatio grounded...". She legitimizes him every which way from Friday and twice on Sundays.

Lucy said:

Both have suffered at the hands of poor writing and some misguided decisions made by tptb (and DC himself where Marisol is concerned).

Too damn right, matey. If it sucked and whined any more tptb would be giving Hoover a run for its money. If it were any more "misguided", we'd have to send "Search & Rescue".

If Yelina can be brought back into the fold effectively, I think we could definitely see a improvement on both fronts. A few scenes here and there won't cut it for me.

So Say Some of Us (hee, Ron would slay me where I stand). We don't need just the dressing, no matter how tasty. After the intial high, it all becomes rather rueful and boring when force fed a constant diet of incompetance.

Such a disservice to SM, never mind the rest of the cast and crew. I do remember thinking way back when that SM joining Miami was a step down from her scintillating role in The Sopranos. I relented somewhat after watching, for the first time, her instantly believable chemistry with DC; however, her given Miami role was still way, way beneath her talents.

We need her back in a fairly significant role - even if she isn't a regular, she can still be effective if her role as a guest star is well handled and moves the story forward. :)

...and I'd like me a real holiday like the narrowboat hols I've been planning for these past 3 summers. ;) Unless tptb fix the root of this problem these occasional Yelina-esque episodes will continue to be singularities or even peculiar anomalies like er, a tuba playing hummingbird!

So what is the root problem? These are two brilliant characters with an intriguing storyline portrayed by two wonderful actors. So the "logical" answer would be the wretched uninspiring writing which appears to have its basis in the sheer inability of tptb to grasp the nuances and subtleties of the H&Y characters and their storyarc.

Odd's fish! I pay fervent homage to Lassie movies and tv series yet again.

A few days ago I watched a clip of SM in The Sopranos. It's on her website. I couldn't believe how much different her role is and yet maybe even a bit the same. The character she plays there is also very strong. Which we can also say from Yelina, well if we forget the S3 finale.. :)

Anyway that clip showed what kind of a great actress she is. Her role was completely different than from what I'm used too (and I've got 2 of her movies: The Order & Passionada) but still she seems so natural in any other kind of role.. CSI Miami writers should think about using her acting talent more often!

Anyhow I'm bringin gifts.. yep the schoolyear is almost over so I'm pretty happy :p

bscap1045.jpg

bscap1046.jpg

When Yelina asks if there's anything about Raymond's file she needs to know. Horatio lies to her, telling her everything is okay. He had no problem lying to her.. Well lying to protect someone is still a lie as H himself said in that epi. O well now that all those things are cleared up, let's move on to the good times. !hint! writers !hint!

;)

We don't need just the dressing, no matter how tasty. After the initial high, it all becomes rather rueful and boring when force fed a constant diet of incompetance.
Yes, so true. I have always felt that Yelina brought a degree of real substance to the show (especially to H's character), and we need much more of her influence on proceedings. As Swanny observed, she certainly does keep H grounded and I really miss that.
and I'd like me a real holiday like the narrowboat hols I've been planning for these past 3 summers. ;)
Lol, I take your point! ;) I think I am the eternally cautious optimist, ever hopeful that we will have our silver lining. Yelina's role will hopefully be well handled and the H/Y storyarc will move forward, Tally will one day take her narrowboat holiday and Laura and Bill will build their cabin! :D Lots and lots of 'if' scenarios, all of which I hope come true in the fullness of time. Now, in reality....hmm, quite another matter entirely!
So what is the root problem? These are two brilliant characters with an intriguing storyline portrayed by two wonderful actors. So the "logical" answer would be the wretched uninspiring writing which appears to have its basis in the sheer inability of tptb to grasp the nuances and subtleties of the H&Y characters and their storyarc.
So Say We All! Spot on logical analysis. :) H/Y is such an engrossing relationship dynamic, but it needs to be supported by sound writing and believable creativity.

So now I have got that off my chest ;) thank you Kit for those really lovely pictures. I think conscience-wise, H did have a problem lying to her (hence his wriggling), but he knew he had to for the sake of Yelina and Ray Jnr's safety. H, ever the protector. That was a great line from 'Recoil':

"You know, Amy, sometimes we tell a lie to protect the people we love, but it's still a lie, isn't it?"

Hrockz, I would be happy to send Corey an e-mail on behalf of us all. :)

A bit of a flying visit from me! Just wanted to say that interestingly, as some of you may of course know, the great Steve Maeda wrote 'Recoil'. When you get reminded of such a brilliant line of script, it all makes sense! To quote Tally, he really did 'grasp the nuances and subtleties of the H&Y characters and their storyarc'. The evidence in Seasons 1-3 more than speaks for itself. He understood H/Y, no two ways about it. The show misses him very much indeed.

Great to see you Swanny, lovely pics Kit (thank you) and Luce, I absolutely love your new icon and banner! :D

I know this is a Horatio and Yelina ship thread. I wanna rain on this thread then I'll go find me a Horatio/Valera or Horatio/Alexx or Horatio/Natalia ship thread. I have a problem with the idea of Horatio and Yelina getting in to a serious relationship. Here's my problem: Yelina has a son, Horatio's nephew, by her late husband Raymond Caine. If things got serious enough that Horatio and Yelina got married. What would Ray Jr. call Horatio then??? Uncle or Dad??? And what if Yelina got pregnant??? The kid would be both Ray Jr.'s 1/2 sibling as well as his cousin. Ray Jr. is a teen now. The teen years are confusing enough without your uncle becoming your stepdad and having a 1/2 sibling who is also your cousin. Now if Yelina and Raymond had never had any kids and the only kid Raymond fathered was Madison with Suzey. Then I wouldn't have a problem with Yelina and Horatio getting together.
OK...I'm finished raining on the parade of everyone in this thread. So I'll leave you now.

^ So what! If they (Y/H/Ray Jr.) don't have a problem with it, why should you? You can't control who you fall in love with and as it is Ray Jr. would be extremely selfish if simply because he thinks its weird he would prevent the two people (alive) he loves most in the world to be happy. Thing is Ray Jr. isn't selfish. Sure he would need some adjustment, but I think he would be happy for them. Besides Horatio has already been Ray's father figure for the years Ray Sr. was 'gone'.
End of rant, bye bye!

OK, this is a test. I've been lurking on this site for two years, trying to figure out how it all works! I'm now logged on, but the rest of the process is a mystery to me. I want to talk about Horatio and Yelina! Is this the way to do it? Test. . .test. . .test. . .

^ I don`t think Carolyn318 purpose was to offend H/Y fans. She just said why don`t see H and Yelina as a couple. ;)

Maybe the cat sleep too deep :lol:

Anyway, from S 1-3 I always accept Ray Jn. more looks like H character then his real dad. We have a lot epi where he listen to H advices and even try to act like him. He is sweet good kid. (no other way with mom like Yelina ;)) Coz of this I don`t think that he will make problems if H&Y become real couple. The best example that I can think out now is from the end of 'Hell Night' epi. :

Ray Jn.: You never come around anymore.
H: I guess I'm just trying to give your mom some space.
Ray Jn: She doesn't need space.

But at the same time I somehow agree with Carolyn318 that Ray Jn. is in his teen now and this can lead to some problems. In epi 'Rio' for me this kid was a lot out of control. If I have to be honest TPTB have change this character. Ok his is grown up, his dad is dead, teen ages - angry to the whole word...Make logic, but still too different from his role in S 1-3. (my own opinion ). Well.... not in last place for the all H/Y story line we always had some wall/obstacle, so in the end I won`t be surprise or against future H/Y relationship with Ray Jn. 'negativ' behaviour. If TPTB are exhausted/stick with ideas this is good way we again to have H/Y moments in S6 and not been too soup if they start date (with Ray Jn.between them):rolleyes:

Welcome to H/Y thread drgnldy . :D It`s always nice to have new peoples here. Hope you will have fun. ;)

Actually, this is hard for me to understand - even from Horatio's perspective I didn't really get it. After all, Raymond was dead for all anyone knew. My sister knows a woman who has been married to brothers, and the kids think it's a hoot that they're both siblings and cousins. (And they don't even live in Mississippi!) It was one of those things I had to accept without understanding in order to follow the story line. It's always been a little over the top for me - I don't know any real people who would actually act and react in the manner they do - but I LOVE THE CHEMISTRY!!! In fact, Sofia is the reason I started watching the show faithfully in the first place, and since she left I haven't watched at all. That's why I'm so grateful for this site to keep me up with what's happening, and for those who have posted video clips of "Rio" and "Burned" you-know-where. We will be coming home in September, and hopefully there will be something wonderful to tune in for again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back