Horatio & Yelina #6: A Sense of Belonging - So Say We All!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Horatio & Yelina #6 - A Sense of Belonging - So Say We A

They expect it begin January :)

Jep you were right all they needed was time haha. I can't wait to become an aunt haha.

I mostly didn't expect it because his girlfriend already has 4 children from a previous relationship so.. :)

I don't understand that H/Y have so much chemistry it just doesn't say BOOOOOOM. Okay I have to post some lyrics :p

Kenny Rogers - Always and Forever.

Always and forever
Each moment with you
It's just like a dream to me
That somehow came true

And I hope tomorrow
Will still be the same
Cause we got a life of love
That won't ever change

Every day lend me your own special way
Melt all my heart away with a smile
Take time to tell me You really care
And we'll share tomorrow together

There'll always be sunshine
when I look at you
Something I just can't explain
It's the things that you do

If you get lonely
Call me and take
A second to give to me
The magic you make

Take time to tell me You really care

I'll always Love You...Forever

Take time to tell me, You really care

Baby, Baby, Baby
I'll Love You Forever
I'll always Love You Forever
Together
Forever

"Take time to tell me You really care And we'll share tomorrow together". Horatio really should do that!

Excessive melodrama becomes unrealistic and indeed, is almost always at the expense of characterization.
Agreed Swanny. The weight of H's burdens (past and present) did start to reach ridiculous melodramatic proportions in Season 4. Made me want to switch off! Both emotionally and literally (ie. the TV, lol). ;)

Congratulations Kit on your news re becoming an Aunt and also to your parents for 35 years of marriage. :)

You guys have been busy over the weekend, so many posts. Good to see the H/Y love going strong. :D

Congrats Tati, see you shouldn't have said that you weren't gonna be an aunt in the fic thread. It'll be fun for you, how sweet.

And to HC I hope things get better on the home front. *hugs too*

And H/Y don't just have chemistry, they set the bar! It's a chemistry-lesson!
I like the way you put it, and I definitely agree with you on that. And might I add that sparks fly during their chemistry lesson.

lieueitak I like how you put the H backstory. I think you're the only one who has put it like that and hopefully convinced some people that it's not too over-the-top. Well actually I didn't think it was too much over-the-top, just that I felt bad that tptb was like taking it out on poor H like how much crap can one guy take? And you're right people do take a lifetime to get over things like this. Although I hope H doesn't let it get in the way of asking Y out, in future.

Yes SM does have "it", there's not a moment when she doens't look gorgeous on-screen.
EDIT: as personified in Lunalove's avatar :)

Re: Horatio & Yelina #6 - A Sense of Belonging - So Say We All!

So exciting the reunit.No reunit ,itis the first time H/Y have good time.Hope to be like that everyone hope.Thinking of happiness season. See them soon

Welcome to our humble H/Y thread stand_behide_h. :D Make yourself at home. Help yourself to our special H/Y heart shaped cookies!

heartflag.gif

H/Y heart shaped cookies? How did I manage to miss those? *takes a cookie and munches contentedly* Mmm, very yummy, thanks! :)

Welcome stand_behide_h! :D

How lucky am I?! I just discovered that my local C.S.I:Miami pusher (tv-station that airs C.S.I.) is showing a new epi every weekday! Yay! We're only on epi2 s1, so I'll have to wait a while, but then I'll be able to see the last half of s2 and all of s3! Woohoo! *dances around* :D

Oooh cookies! Mmmm!

Welcome stand_behide_H! :)

WELCOME stand_behide_H. This H/Y thread is compose of excellent people, you will fill at home, am telling you this because this is how I fill.

H rocks!

Welcome stand_behide_h. Hope you have fun here. :D

Hey Lunalove, I'm glad that you soon will catch up all this brilliant S 2-3 epis. ;)

Congratulations Kit re becoming an Aunt. :)

Thanks for all this lovely pics as always, it`s very good way to start my work week. :)

MD said: The weight of H's burdens (past and present) did start to reach ridiculous melodramatic proportions in Season 4. Made me want to switch off! Both emotionally and literally (ie. the TV, lol). ;)

I have the same feeling. For me when TPTB try to keep the unwrite rule/pattern for some angst in the main charatcer is okay (re Ray Sn). But when in the end they put all real life crap over H shoulders, this inevitable lead to ridiculous melodrama. Poor them, from two years we only see how much lack of imagination have in theirs creative work.

Did someone call me? :p

A warm welcome to stand_behide_h. Good to see new additions every now and then. Fly the H/Y flag high!

Hey why didn't I get cookies when I first got here? Kidding! *munches on cookies from Luce* I helped myself btw.

Well looks like the season finale was

H didn't even come close to almost dying. What a red herring AD threw all the fans. But what can you expect from her these days? I do hope things will get better in s6, especially on the H/Y front. I was skeptical anyway about the whole plane crash thing. I still feel and get the vibes that Y will be back, and even better if H can get hurt while she's back more regularly. So in a sense I'm not too disappointed about the finale and H not getting hurt. I wasn't really expecting it anyway.

I'm still optimistic for SM to return in s6. Anyone has spoilers for her return please let us all know ASAP. Maybe someone should drop Corey an email when the time for s6 draws near.

Lunalove good for you. You get to re-live all those great H/Y moments from s1 to s3. My local station is stuck on s3. I kinda like watched every ep at least twice already. Not that I'm complaining, I still love H/Y moments but I'd really like to see 'Hurricane Anthony' and 'GYM' again.

Anyway from now till then I'll try keeping you guys entertained with my fics, while I can keep at them I will. Here's a new one, based losely on what H said to Y in 'Blood Brothers'. When he said, "I always thought that if you didn't meet Ray first, that you and I could..."
It's titled "What If"
Go check it out. I promise it'll be good :D
What If - a H/Y fic

After this season finale I have only one personal note to Sofia Milos:

'Please stay away from CSI Miami!'

SwanSwan_H said:

Excessive melodrama becomes unrealistic and indeed, is almost always at the expense of characterization.

I guess it really does go back to what floats one's boat and how much bilge water one is willing to tolerate despite the dear little rats scurrying off for land. Alas, my boat floateth not with post-S3 Horatio and Miami as both have become unworthy of the original intent. Honestly, Lassie had a more honest and fufilling characterization than Horatio has had these past several years. Seriously.

How is there to be a believable H&Y storyline if H remains stagnating in Woe-ville like he's done for the last 5 years. I wouldn't have him in this current emotional vegetative state if he were served up on a silver platter with an apple in his mouth (*shout out to Y*). It's all quite, quite daft.

Welcome stand_behide_H :)

pusher said:
After this season finale I have only one personal note to Sofia Milos:

'Please stay away from CSI Miami!'

Sage advice especially if Miami continues in this relentless trip to oblivion on a badly listing ship of woe that's crewed by the clueless and egged on by the adoring delusional Trogs.

Actually,...unless someone here with a reliable history got a message from Sofia Milos, and ONLY Sofia Milos herself, saying that she was definitely coming back for season 6, I probably wouldn't believe it. I am a bit disillusioned over the either overly exaggerated or in many cases completely misleading nature of the spoilers for the finale...I don't think I'll ever believe another spoiler put out by AD or Corey Miller. Yup...They've spoiled the spoiler thing for me.

I had no problems with the finale. I think actually it was pretty good. Yeah we need to see that H is human but we've already had an injured csi this season.. So there's no cliffhanger now, which TBH is good. Waiting for SM to be cast as a regular again is hard enough already!

lieueitak I like how you put the H backstory. I think you're the only one who has put it like that and hopefully convinced some people that it's not too over-the-top. Well actually I didn't think it was too much over-the-top, just that I felt bad that tptb was like taking it out on poor H like how much crap can one guy take?
Thank you, Hrockz. :) In order for it to be over-the-top, the writers would have to fail in one of three ways: are the ideas themselves out there, are the ideas incongruous with the character, and/or is the presentation of these ideas in any way forced, overdramatized, etc? On the first, I don't think anyone can say no. Domestic abuse happens; domestic abuse can easily lead to homicide. Most homicides are committed by someone the victim knew. To say that the ideas themselves are over-the-top is to ignore the unfortunate reality in crime.

On the second question, I, again, do not believe that these ideas are poorly meshed with what we know about H. Most of the character seems supported by these revelations about his past. Examples include Horatio's particular disdain for men who leave women in harm's way or who hurt them, Horatio's desire to protect children, Horatio's single-mindedness when it comes to solving a case, etc. Of course, none of those things require a hellish background. But in order to be "over the top," the new additions to Horatio's character would have to severely detract and go against what we know about his character. And at the moment, his past only seems to reinforce what we've seen since the show began.

This leads right into the actual scenes themselves, which I'm having a hard time understanding how they're melodramatic. In order for something to be melodramatic, wouldn't it have to be, you know, dramatic to begin with? :lol: The way we've learned about Horatio's past hasn't been all that dramatic at all. With H's abuse, for instance, we learn about this because he reveals it to a young boy. Horatio is usually more open and friendly with children, so it's definitely not OOC. And as he really only alludes to the abuse, I can't see how it's so overly dramatic.

A bunch of posters here have said that they don't like this Horatio pity party or being in "woeville." Where exactly has he acted in that manner? For the most part, with his abusive past, Horatio has showed everyone who knows about it that it's possible to move on and to be a productive human being. Resden even says at one point that he admires H for being able to see an old man and not an abuser. So I'd really like to know where these pity parties are taking place.

The only scene I can think of is the "I've lost everything" scene. And I would attribute that more to Marisol aftermath than anything else. Either way, it's human to, at various times, feel sorry for ourselves. And when you've gone through as much crap as Horatio has, you can only run from your feelings for so long before they catch up with you and hit you hard. To be sure, that's not all there is to Horatio, and if the writers made him that way, then yeah, he probably wouldn't be likable.

But he would be just as unlikable if the writers never addressed those issues. Regardless of the originality of an abusive father, etc, the fact is it's a part of canon now. And the writers have to work through that - even if it's dark, even if it means that Horatio can't successfully date Yelina for a while, etc. It's probably gonna be sad and depressing, but oh well. They chose to bring up these aspects in Horatio's character, and now they must bear it out.

Great writing isn't without mistakes, but great writers know that you can erase those problems once they're out there for the general public. They realize you just have to make it work. And to relate it back to the actual topic of this thread, :)...

I think this horrible past will make it harder for H/Y in the beginning. Given his life, Horatio probably has some serious intimacy issues at this point. From a cynical standpoint, I'd say that might make the writers more inclined to get H/Y together sooner; clearly, they don't want it to turn into domestic bliss with no problems, and if they realize just how much juice they can get from the relationship, it might happen sooner. :D Wishful thinking on my part perhaps.

In any case, I think that while these additions have made things more complicated, in the end, the pay off will be worth it. Seeing David and Sofia work those scenes would be amazing, and the H/Y relationship would have greater meaning. It's not hard to date someone who has no problems or baggage. But helping someone deal with and accept the bleakest parts of their lives? Being there for the person? That's true love. :)

Erm, sorry this is so long. I try to make my posts shorter and then... obviously not happening. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back