Horatio & Yelina #6: A Sense of Belonging - So Say We All!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Horatio & Yelina #6 - A Sense of Belonging - So Say We A

Welcome stand_behind_H. Sorry this being OT but, I got some good news today. My husband doesn't have prostrate cancer. I am sooooooooo releived. They didn't find nothing wrong as far as that but he is losing blood somewhere(very low iron) just don't know where. I started noticing sometime back he was looking very pale. Ashy to be more like it. You know how people look right before they pass away? That bothered me quite a bit. I'm just thankful it didn't turn out the way I was afraid it would. More tests in 3 weeks. Thanks everyone for your moral support. I really did appreciate it.

Don't worry about being OT about something like this Katpin. :) I am so relieved to hear this news. *hugs* Thank you for letting us know. I was pretty worried as I'm sure we all were.

Some H/Y snuggling especially for you....

CSIM_324_377.jpg

Ooh, it's the large version of my banner! :D

Oh Luce thank you soooooo much. *crying* Means alot to me to have such good friends to be there for you. Love the pic. Snagged it to make wp, etc with it. LOL Continue to keep us in your thoughts. need to find out where he's losing blood but Thank God it's not bad enough at the moment to be in the hosp. We're planning a trip to Florida in two wks & I know he's worried he's gonna mess it up for us but, I'd rather have him better than worrying about our vacation. Thanks again sweetie you're such a blessing.

katpin, may I echo Luce's sentiments too. Wonderful news that your hubby has been given the all clear. I hope they find out what's causing the bleeding asap and can get him better. :)

Also, you prompted Luce to post what I consider the most gorgeous H/Y pic ever! Just beautiful. :D

Great news about your hubby, katpin. The continued anemia is a bit of a worry so hopefully they can sort that out quickly and get him back to the pink of health.

Luce, what a brilliant pick-me-up pic to celebrate katpin's welcome news. One of the very best. As mentioned previously, the camera adores SM without a doubt. :)

MD & TH thank you for your kind words as well. All of you have been such a blessing with moral support. You'll just never know how much it meant to me, * tears of joy*. You all are such wonderful people. I said I'd do something with the pic Luce posted for me so here it is. Hope ya like. Even after all this time I'm still learning new things & probably have lots more to learn but enjoy.

katpin I`m glad to hear that yours hubby problems are not so bad as you think at the beginning. Hope the doctors soon find where is the problem and your family to have big fun in Florida vacation :D

btw love the wallpaper :)

Thanks as always for this pics Lucy. Like all guys here said, this is one of my fav screencpas too ;) Maybe this is the best therapy for H - more hugs in the future please :)

katpin congrats on the good news. *hugs* I'm relievd as well. I'm thinking he could be having an ulcer in the stomach, that's how most people get anaemic. Are the physicians ruling that out as well? That can easily be treated with a course of antibiotics. Sorry OT.

Luce great picture, I'll go make an icon of it when I have the time. But then again everyone on this thread must have that pic somewhere I reckon, as do I.

lieueitak again, very well put. I think you're one of the rare few who have a differing opinion from most of the people on this thread. And I share your opinion, just that you've managed to put it into words for me. So far, I haven't really been disappointed with H's character on the show, except for the Marisol bit. Oh and the fact that he doesn't seem very human in terms of not being hurt or being able to walk away unscathed all the time. I have no problems with his emotional state. As you said someone with his past would tend to be emotionally scarred somewhat, and be emotionally closed off. And as to his posing with the sunnies I guess that's just unique to the way H was written , and I still find it cool after so many seasons.

I think this horrible past will make it harder for H/Y in the beginning. Given his life, Horatio probably has some serious intimacy issues at this point. From a cynical standpoint, I'd say that might make the writers more inclined to get H/Y together sooner; clearly, they don't want it to turn into domestic bliss with no problems, and if they realize just how much juice they can get from the relationship, it might happen sooner.
Oh I do wish the writers see it your way. My only concern is that they make it too soapy, which I hope it won't. Maybe take a long time to resolve it bit by bit each ep, and not making this "love story" the focus of each ep. Then it wouldn't get too much "soap-like".

In any case, I think that while these additions have made things more complicated, in the end, the pay off will be worth it. Seeing David and Sofia work those scenes would be amazing, and the H/Y relationship would have greater meaning. It's not hard to date someone who has no problems or baggage. But helping someone deal with and accept the bleakest parts of their lives? Being there for the person? That's true love.
That's something I really hope to see on the show and we all know H/Y is about true love.

I understand Pusher your concerns about SM coming back and tptb ruining her character, but I beg to differ. I think her presence is the very thing the show needs at the moment to inject life and emotion to the show and H. And the writing for her character thus far hasn't been out of character or all that bad.

I guess we'll all never agree on this point but it's ok to have differing opinions. And we all respect each others' opinion. That's what makes this thread and the people on it great.

One thing for sure we're united behind H/Y. :D

Oh and I'm going OT again, I just wanna say my computer at work crashed, all the work I did today is gone and I'm mighty pissed at the moment. :mad: I just had to rant. Sorry! Thankfully my home notebook PC is still working and I can come here to rant!

No worries, katpin. We've all been there when it comes to worrying about a loved one. :)

Pusher said:

Maybe this is the best therapy for H - more hugs in the future please :)

Could well be, pusher. Might be that he needs an "insert hug" in between each line of dialogue to sytemically leach this one dimensional martyrdom so that his other self can percolate to the surface and shock and awe us into silence. Poor Y, not very good luck with these Caines at all.

I say, anyone know what SM is up to this summer?

he needs an "insert hug" in between each line of dialogue

You make my day with this idea. :lol: Thanks ;)

And I agree with you that the mens part of Caine family have some kind of curse over them. I`m woder won`t be better if we simply have silence H (what about for whole season). This way when I put some mp3 on my WinAmp and watch the epi (H/Y parts) things are far away better :p

re SM news - uhh... sorry, the last time (before 1 month) I write e-mail to her (with questions over epi. 'Burned'), but for my regret no answer ... Probably when in Miami forum (or the net) start to come spoilers for S6 some of us can try again to connect with SM :rolleyes:

Hrockz said: I understand Pusher your concerns about SM coming back and tptb ruining her character, but I beg to differ.

I didn`t say (or meaning) that.

Anyway, hope you can restore your work and soon to feel better. ;)

Thanks everyone for all the support once again. To top off with more good news. I bring*drum roll* please. We have a S6 of our fave redhead & hopefully Yelina as well.YAY!!!!!! *jumps up & down for joy*. Have posted info at the General & TV thread.. Just had to let ya know.

Honestly, Lassie had a more honest and fufilling characterization than Horatio has had these past several years. Seriously.
Lol, I meant to respond to this yesterday. In other shows that I really like, there is stimulating, flowing character development permeating through the storytelling. It's so fulfilling and rewarding when writers get the formula right. Since Miami's downward spiral (post Season 3), investing time in other shows has really highlighted Miami's blatant shortcomings for me. The show just doesn't 'do it' for me anymore. As was said yesterday, I guess it really does go back to what floats one's boat!
Pusher said: I`m wonder won`t be better if we simply have silence H (what about for whole season). This way when I put some mp3 on my WinAmp and watch the epi (H/Y parts) things are far away better :p
:lol: There's something to be said for that! Then we can just sit back and soak up the wonderful H/Y chemistry and we could even insert our own hugs ;) and dialogue. I think our version would be far more inspiring! :D

Thanks for the lovely wallpapers katpin. :)

Sorry Pusher I read your intent wrongly. Apologies, I thought that was what you meant when you said you'd rather SM not return to Miami.

katpin wanted to mention that the banner you made is awesome.

Got inspired and went off to make some icons

HY40iconw.jpg
HY41iconw.jpg

katpin31791 Thank you for that amazing artwork! I just have to use it as my wallpaper! I'm very happy every thing is okay with your hubby :D

Currently a friend of mine is getting into some trouble, ran away from home saturday, she took all her money from her bankaccount and nobody has heard of her since.. Yep life suxx sometimes..

Made a couple of H/Y icons to help me relax. Oh and a cool H one :devil:

HY66.jpg
animated17.gif
animated18.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back