Horatio & Yelina #5 ~ How Can I Not Love You?~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much for posting the pics from Dead Zone! I loved both pieces of dialogue that were posted too. One amusing, one meaningful (could have been more so if H's cell hadn't gone off *sigh*). Makes me want to watch it again. There was also a nice, poignant scene between them after the explosion. H shows his concern for Y and we see their mutual feelings yet again, simply by reading their looks and body language. :)

That was a nice scene between them. I do love those scenes where they have those conversations where they stand so close to each other and it's just them. Great eye contact as always. Aw. ;)

tn_deadzone.jpg

Oh lovely pics all round, as I mentioned I think in the H/DC thread, I love H in that green shirt. Luce I love those face to face conversations they have too.

*Hinting* They have one of those talks in my fic update too.

http://talk.csifiles.com/showflat.php?Ca...ID=#Post1088241

I love the look on Y's face in that pic you posted, it looks like Y is saying, "Stay away from my man or else..." I also like how Y is lurking in the background as H talks to the widow. Keeping an eye on her man. Awesome stuff.

Agree with MD I love their body language too. It was said so many times in this thread but I'll say it again, DC and SM play out their characters so well.

Really can't remember much of 'Dead Zone" wish I could see it again. But these pics certainly help.

Pusher no worries if you can't post on my fic thread, you can post here too cos I visit both threads.

I'd forgotton how much I love the intelligent conversation in this thread. I love that picture Lucy and that's another one of the really nice scenes between H/Y in dead zone.

H: "Are you ok?"
Y: "I'm fine, I'm good"
H: "Yelina"
Y: "I haven't been sleeping so well, you know, since the bomb"
H: "Old memories?"
Y "I'm just glad you're a bomb expert"

Really sweet scene.

And on the Ray situation I would not imagine he was abusive, in all the times we see Ray Jr and H interact he always shows he loved his dad, there doesn't seem to be animosity, he's concerned when lad's say he was bad (grave young men) and he was sad about the funeral thing (whacked), plus if his dad was abusive to him, I think he would have let H know he seems to trust him that way! Just my humble thoughts on the matter

Yesterday I couldn't sleep because I was thinking about H/Y! I was thinking about how I would write her back in the show.

H walks in the bullpen where he spots Yelina. He walks towards her and behind her back he places a card on her desk.

H: Hi
Yelina turns around, she's very happy to see H, as always.
Y: Hey yourself.
H blushes.
H: How's Ray jr?
Y: He's okay. He still has to adjust to his new school though.
H: Yes well that's understandable. So how are you doing?
Y: Great. It's like I never left.
H stares at her, happy as ever that she's back.
Suddenly the phone rings.
Y: Excuse me.
Y turns around, standing with her back towards H.
H smiles and he takes out a card from his pocket, putting it on her desk.
Y puts down the phone again, she turns around but H is gone. She takes the card and reads it. A smile is formed across her face. All the CSI's have written a welcome back message on it but of course she focusses the most on H's message.

That's the only time that episode that she appears. I think It would be cliché if her first assignment was with H.. :)

Anyway the last epi of the season i'd bring her back together on a case with H. They are at her desk and H spots the card. He's very happy she kept it etc.

Just an idea ^^

kit, that's a nice scenario. Subtle and heartwarming - exactly how it should be. :) I guess we can still hope that one day the writers will get their act together again.

You're all very welcome re the pics. Here are a couple more from the last scene of 'Dead Zone'....

tn_deadzone4.jpg

tn_deadzone3.jpg

:D

Wow! Look at the discussion we started here?! I love this place! Agree or disagree, no matter the opinion, you all respect each other's rights to have one. It is not so on many other boards that I USED to visit. Pusher, you raised some very interesting points with regard to the H/Stetler relationships with Y.You made me look at in a way that I had never considered. I agree that the conflict between Y and Stetler was because she was determined to wear the pants in her own household and he wanted her to be the 'little woman', but I am guessing that her strength of character would have been a huge issue with Raymond to for the same reasons and this is why I suspect there may have been abuse. It may not have happened often, but even once is abuse as far as I am concerned. Being threatened by or angry at a woman NEVER makes it okay to hit her. Period. I'm not sure that I really think Ray Jr. may have known about it though. Y would have tried to protect him, and H, for that matter, from knowing what Ray may really have been like. You're right too that if Ray had abused Ray Jr, Uncle H would have been informed. Interesting points about both H and Ray being raised by an abusive father. Abuse is often pepetuated in children of abusers. Because one son is abusive does not mean the other would be but perhaps H having been a witness to it once may have seen this signs in Ray/Y if it was actually ever there. (Am I remembering my facts clearly that H killed his father trying to defend his mother, or did I just dream this up somewhere?) Sorry for such a long post but you people really make excellent points and again, agree or disagree, it's always interesting and stimulating. Thanks for the great pics too everyone. It helps keep the memories alive.

I'm not sure that I really think Ray Jr. may have known about it though. Y would have tried to protect him, and H, for that matter, from knowing what Ray may really have been like.
I think that's a very good point. Yelina would have made every effort not to allow H to find out if Ray had been abusive. Not only would H be appalled and deeply hurt, he would be enraged. Just look at how he reacted to the blood test result when he found out Ray was Madison's father in Big Brother.

This is potentially quite ironic. H didn't want Yelina to find out about Raymond's infidelity (with Suzie) so he kept the truth about Madison from her as long as he could, to prevent her from getting hurt and resenting her husband. Yelina may well have kept H in the dark with regards to Raymond's behaviour for several years. We may never know, but it certainly is a fascinating discussion.

Luce thanks for all of the pics. I've given up watching any new episodes but I still go back and watch this classic episodes. The writing back then was just so superb that it makes it really depressing to even know that it's become total slop now. :(

And I think it highly plausible that Raymond may've had an even more unbecoming behavior than Yelina ever hinted to Horatio about. Perhaps, had she let him know of it after Raymond's death (the first time), that she didn't let it all be known. It certainly is hinted at some points.

I've all but given up too HnM. Just waiting to hear any news about Sofia and enjoying other shows very much indeed. This thread keeps things going, along with dvds and fan fic. Also, here in the UK, we have a couple of channels that are forever repeating old eps of Miami. It's great to switch on and see Yelina there. :) That's the Miami I like to remember, not these recent oh so very forgettable seasons. :rolleyes:

Nice discussion, I still tend to think of Ray Sr as a nice guy. I think things only got out of hand when he got hooked onto drugs. And yes silk it was mentioned in s4 that H killed his own father while trying to protect his mother. And for that he forever carries the guilt with him.

Footyliz thanks for the lines from the 'Dead Zone' ep I think I rememebr it now.

kit I like how you write SM back on the show although I wish she never left. :(

For all of us still waiting for Yelina's return, Take That's Patience comes to mind.

'Cause I, need time,
My heart is numb has no feeling,
So while im still healing,
Just try and have a little patience,

Ok I guess it applies more to H whom I hope is also waiting patiently in Miami for her return :D

ok, as i see my name have been mention in this discussion re did Ray SN. was abused toward his family and i`ll make one lat post on this subject. i know that we never will figure out what exactly happen in Y/Ray past and agree that this is big lost of possibility TPTB to make Miami again great show...but C'est La Vie ...for now searching&finding for more good and quality tv show is very good way we to survive (including this great thread and CSI Miami S 1-3) ;)

why my opinion is stick on the fact that Ray was good man long time ago and don`t have been violator..uhhhh maybe i have been liveing in lie, but for me this is some kind of logic chronology:

1) Ray have to be 'good' in some points so Y to marry him. right ?!
2) Ray go to work Narcotics section, coz to prove something to his big bro
3) after this go undercover, maybe to run away from responsibility to be family head :rolleyes:
4) become narcotic addicted - he is 'free' (no big bro and wife around him to look after him) and make big mistake. or maybe his difficult childhood make him easy prey for drugs (try to run away from dark shadows)
5) hi lose his way, too ashamed to go back in his house or too selfish coz this is the easy way to life day for day....and without warning one day he become and dirty cop.
6) he have relationship with Suzzy ... why ?! she is everything that Y is not (too opposed character ). if Ray is violator when his is under drugs, why he will search for new relationship ?! Suzzy is too honestly (for me), and she will tell H if Ray have become 'monster', if Y hide this info....
7) if Y was try to 'protect' H from the truth that his bro was abused .... in her will lie some kind of guilt, in meaning she won`t be feel comfortably to have secret form H. and after Y know about Suzzy and Madison her reaction toward 'betrayal' H won`t be so strong/over on the top. she in this case have to forgive H more easily, coz long time ago and she have do something like this..

upppsss, too long not connected thoughts. sorry guys. and in last place i agree that Ray is jerk and have screws up a lot times (re '10-7' or 'Rio'), so i won`t be surprise in the future if Y say that her hubby was violator a$$hole ;)

Welcome to the H/Y thread Tristianna! :)

You'll have to forgive my tired brain, but I do see a lot of logic in your points Pusher. :) I strongly believe that if Ray was abusive, it would have been as a result of his drug addiction, hence Yelina's comments to H in Big Brother (about Ray staying away to protect them). Ray possibly realized that his behaviour could be unpredictable, so he didn't want to risk staying there and left before anything might have happened.

Random picture time...from 'Extreme'. :D

tn_hhextreme3.jpg

Aw, fabulous pic! :D I love the colouring and the amused expression on Y's face. No doubt H has just despatched one of his one-line gems. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I vaguely remember an avatar that used this pic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back