Horatio & Yelina #5 ~ How Can I Not Love You?~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies for the delay in posting the next few pics. Next episode up is 'Dispo Day', and this has to be one of my very favourite H/Y scenes from Season 1....

tn_HHDD9.jpg

Exec producer Elizabeth Devine said of this scene, "The chemistry these actors have is really pronounced here...you can really tell that their feelings are strong for each other." (DVD audio commentary) :)

Great pic that, Luce. The lighting was wonderfully soft and muted but still intense. Geez, like these two. :)

Here's the dialogue from that scene (courtesy of twiztv):

[INT. CSI - GARAGE -- DAY]

(Horatio is printing the coffin when Det. Yelina Salas walks in.)

DET. YELINA SALAS: Get any prints?

HORATIO: Hmm. Well, we've got good ridge structure, but they'll probably end up belonging to the suspects we have already.

DET. YELINA SALAS: Guy you want's too smart to put his hands on a casket?

HORATIO: Especially when it doubles as an arsenal.

DET. YELINA SALAS: Got your page. Are you thinking this heist is related to my
task force?

HORATIO: Nedir Kire. Have you ever heard that name?

DET. YELINA SALAS: No. Sounds Russian.

HORATIO: Well, wherever he's from, I think he put this whole thing together.

DET. YELINA SALAS: How about DEA, ATF's database?

HORATIO: No.

DET. YELINA SALAS: Dead ends. Well ... sorry I couldn't help.

HORATIO: I wouldn't say that.

(He looks at her.)

DET. YELINA SALAS: Oh, before I go, reporters called me last night. Because of
the shooting. They wanted a comment.

HORATIO: (surprised) What? Why?

DET. YELINA SALAS: Well, you know... my husband killed in the line of duty, drug rip-off. And now, two years later, my brother-in-law at a drug heist shoot-out.

DET. YELINA SALAS: You're not talking about reporters, you're talking about Reyes.

DET. YELINA SALAS: (chuckles quietly) Horatio Caine mows his lawn, and Reyes makes it prime-time news. I'm glad you're okay.

HORATIO: Always.

DET. YELINA SALAS: (smiles) Yeah. Good luck.

(Yelina leaves.)

===================

*Could this BE more Canon-esque!*

Ok could anyone shed some light on this for me?

Pardon me but it was about 4 years ago when I watched 'Dispo Day' but I didn't understand the scene then and I still don't.

What did Yelina mean about H mowing his lawn. And was there a shootout? Cos Yelina tells H she's glad he's ok. Sorry I don't recall much of plot details from that epi.

If my memory doesn't fail me, H in turn tells Yelina he's glad she's ok in Hurricane Anthony. Loved all the H and Y in that epi. They obviously care very much for each other...
oops sorry for jumping the gun, you'll get to pics from that epi right Lucy ?

The lighting was wonderfully soft and muted but still intense. Geez, like these two. :)
Very much so. It's a very atmospheric setting and thanks for posting the dialogue. It's a real pleasure to read that again. :)
*Could this BE more Canon-esque!*
About as Canon-esque as it gets. ;) I love the reference to Raymond and how H is concerned that a reporter is dragging up the past. It all contributes to our deeper understanding of the H/Y storyarc and it's many levels.
Hrockz said: What did Yelina mean about H mowing his lawn.
If memory serves me correctly, it was an exagerrated reference to the fact that even if H does something trivial like mowing his lawn, some reporters would still attempt to make a story out of it, as H is under the media spotlight following his brother's death. Making a story out of nothing basically.
And was there a shootout? Cos Yelina tells H she's glad he's ok. Sorry I don't recall much of plot details from that epi.
Yes, at the beginning of the episode. Here's a summary of what happens from TV.com (a very useful site for episode summaries etc):

DISPO DAY

"The investigation into a drug heist offers brief glimpses into the private lives of the CSIs, whose nerves are on edge when they become suspects in the crime they're trying to solve. A police convoy headed across town includes an unmarked truck filled with confiscated drugs being taken to an incinerator to be destroyed. The trip ends abruptly when thieves hijack the vehicle, kill its driver and shoot Speedle, who was riding shotgun. It's hard for Horatio when the media draw comparisons to a similar case several years ago in which his brother, an undercover cop, was killed. But it's worse for his team when Internal Affairs decides that one of them tipped off the robbers about the delivery."
sorry for jumping the gun, you'll get to pics from that epi right Lucy ?
Absolutely! :D Hurricane Anthony is a real favourite and I will most certainly post pics from that ep. ;)

Thanks for refreshing my memory Lucy .

Just watched 'Shock', wish it was Yelina that H was marrying. The interaction between H and Marisol seemed so forced, nothing like between Yelina and H. Everything just seems so natural when it comes to H and Y. Like they belong together. Well we all know they belong together. Just hope we all get to see it one day :)

sorry to disturb the 'Dispo Day' discussion.
but I saw a rerun of 'Innocent' today.
it was a great episode. I could remeber it, but not all the details.
The ending scene with Yelina, Horatio and Stetler was funny, but also soo sad. :(

'She doesn't like champagne'
:lol: inge to Stetler: :p :p

Horatio knows her, Stetler is together with her a few months (I think) and knows nothing about her.
'she deserves to be happy' (or something like that)
yes, but with you!!! :(
Yelina's smile was cute. It seemed it's ok for her that Horatio saw them together as a couple.

I also want to say something about 'Lost Son'. it will air next Monday (not so sure, if I want to see it).
There's something which bugs me everytime I see the funeral scene.
Yelina should have been with Horatio. She should have stood next to Horatio or behind him. I know, from the 'layout' of the scene it had a better effect to see the team in one row, but Yelina also worked a lot of times with Speed together. She also seemed very sad and shocked (maybe she cried, not sure). She stood next to Stetler. :rolleyes:

and every man should have a strong woman behind him.

Lucy thanks for 'Dispo Day' pic, and thanks to u too Tally for the dialogue from that scene ;) it`s always good to go back to the old good time in Miami... *sigh*

Just watched 'Shock', wish it was Yelina that H was marrying. The interaction between H and Marisol seemed so forced, nothing like between Yelina and H. Everything just seems so natural when it comes to H and Y. Like they belong together.

yep, all this Aerosol stuff make me live in some kind of nightmare. i try to move forward, but her shade keep chase me. this S4 H wasn`t and never will be the real H. when Y is around him he never act so foolishly. for me all this plot line was too rush, not like H/Y relationship - they have history and strong feelings to each other. not in last place between H & A don`t have any chemestry...blah... :mad: how i wish to bring back the time and H to say "I love u" to Y ... :(

anywa, inge for me 'Innocent' is one of the best final epis from all M seasons. if i have to be honest the first time when i watch S2 in the end i have start to hate Y...in my head have so many questions: why she do this to him ?!... but now i understand them (H&Y) - she deserve to be happy and H have let her 'free', coz still bring his bro past/guilt...

and every man should have a strong woman behind him

and this last comment remind from one familiar quote - "Behind every successful man is a strong woman." maybe H need again Y to be by his side and to become again the H we all know and love :rolleyes:

but now i understand them (H&Y) - she deserve to be happy and H have let her 'free', coz still bring his bro past/guilt...
I agree and it's so like H to want Y to be happy cos he loves her so much, despite his own dislike for Yelina being with Steler. In 'Hell Night' H kind of grimaced when he watched Yelina and Steler hold hands and walk into the elevator.

and every man should have a strong woman behind him

Yes and for H we all know this woman should be Yelina
Tally thanks for the dialogue. any chance you can post the dialogue for 'Simple Man' too? If it's not too much trouble.

and this last comment remind from one familiar quote - "Behind every successful man is a strong woman." maybe H need again Y to be by his side and to become again the H we all know and love
Thank you. That's absolutely true! :D

^ till Tally is away/off line here one link with S1 CSI Miami transcripts.

if u want all S 1-5 subtitles just PM me ;)

"Behind every successful man is a strong woman." and the continuation of this quote in my country is...."Behind every strong woman is smart father" :lol: if we only have see Y dad, probably till now hi will kick all Caine`s (H and Ray Sn.) ass :rolleyes:

Thanks for the offer Pusher .

Just watched 'Copkiller'. The scene where Rebecca Nevins tells Yelina "Yours first, mine later", refering to Horatio. Tells us everyone knew that H has a thing for Y.
But I don't think Y knew that H was seeing Rebecca. But it would have been interesting to see what Yelina's reaction would be to seeing H with another woman. Cos we already know what H's reaction is to seeing Y with Steler.

I loved 'Cop Killer'. We get to see Yelina with attitude. It was great the way she held her own and that she was so dignified compared to Rebecca. Rebecca came across as being very petty and really quite deeply unpleasant! Go Y! :D

Can you feel the tension? :devil:

CSIM_313_108.jpg

nice picture lucy :)
Cop killer was one of those great episodes!
Rebecca was obviously jealous of Yelina
I loved the tension between the two

When does Yelina and stettler break up? I know Horatio gets a call from ray jr, because Y and S had a big fight.
Was that after Yelina found out Madison wasn't his child or before?

Since some of you have been kind enough to post some pics from previous episodes while we are in this eternal slump..... I seem to remember that once, almost a year ago I was lurking at this website and came upon a completely hilarious and charming link to pics of H/Y from various episodes with hysterical 'homemade' captions under them. You have no idea how much I enjoyed that and laughed. Can anyone tell me where to find the link and who was the genius behind it? January/February are such dreary months here. I neeeeeed a pick-me-up, or at the very least some word about when we might see these two together again. BTW, just tried several times to access SM's official website and it was a 'no go'. Any clues why?

my answer's too ment_to_be's questions:

I think they broke up in 'Crime Wave'. Yelina had a black eye and I'm sure it was Stetler. Yelina isn't a woman who would forgive such a thing, so I guess they broke up.
She found out the truth later this season in 'Nothing to Lose'. Madison had cancer and she needed Ray jr's. marrow for a transfusion.
In 'Whacked' at the end of the season Ray jr. called Horatio and Yelina threw Rick out of the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back