Horatio Heightand Sunglasses question

I am 6" and well, like Dynamo said, maybe the writers want to make their main character look taller. And the shots from below struck me too.. (gosh was that good English? Never mind). I think it's funny though.

What's funny is that Emily trots around in those ridiculous heels and *still* has to look waaay up at everyone :) The women's "professional" clothing in Miami is more than a little ridiculous but I think in Emily's case the heels are a necessity (and I still think she is way way too thin this season- eat a little home cookin', girl!).

Dynamo1, that is a very interesting tidbit about David's eyesight and does explain why there are so many of those weird tilted head shots.

Dynamo1 said: Mr Caruso has an esotropic hypotropic form of strabismus in his right eye ...

Thank you so much for explaining that. It adds so much more to the character and the actor when you know that it is not just an affectation! I worked in an optemetric office for years but never came across that one. I did guess that the sunglasses bit was because he might be photo-sensative to the light. Seems to happen often with people who are fair complected and have blue eyes. My original theory about the sunglasses was that they were indeed "ray-bans" but that he wore them to 'ban' any memory or thought of his brother, Ray, when in the presence of Yelina, the sister-in-law. (So that no one takes offense, that WAS meant as a joke. I am a huge, huge H/Y fan) I am constantly amazed at what topics are discussed here and how minutely the details are dissected. Did not realize that EP was only 5'3' which again, says alot for creative camera angles!

My original theory about the sunglasses was that they were indeed "ray-bans" but that he wore them to 'ban' any memory or thought of his brother, Ray, when in the presence of Yelina, the sister-in-law. (So that no one takes offense, that WAS meant as a joke. I am a huge, huge H/Y fan)
Lol, very good silk! Nice theory you have there. :D

moondog said:
Dynamo1, that is a very interesting tidbit about David's eyesight and does explain why there are so many of those weird tilted head shots.
moondog and silk, just want to remind you that hamstermoon gets the credit for finding that information and posting it on another thread. I just forwarded it to here since I thought it might answer the original post.

speed_cochrane said:
Calihan said:
CSIgirl3 said:
What's not to love about David Caruso?

Nothing. :)

I'd say everything

Calihan please use better judgement when stating your opinion. As was said, this is the internet and your statement could have been taken many ways. Whether you intended to be rude or not, that's your gig. If possible, elaborate on your opinions or use smilies. Thanks.

Maybe you should be thinking abouthow hypocritical you all are being. You're allowing one peron to state their opinion presumeably one you agree with, but if someone thinks differently no you must censore them. If you all are smart enough to look back at my post, I didn't offer any reasons for my opinion, yet neither did the other person. You really can't say that I need to add more to mine without making the other person do the same.

CSFrost, thank you for taking my side, but please dont get yourself in trouble defending my actions.

To the mods you all can respond when you re-read the first amendment to the US Constitution.

DaWacko said:
(or perhaps I'm just trying to drive Thumpsy and Geni nuts :p )

:lol: Not at all, Ducky. :D Thanks for the help, btw.

As to height, I'm also 5'1" *high fives juma* :D So, I'm shorter than everyone in the cast as well.

Re: Horatio Height and Sunglasses question

I ant to add to my earlier post, please don't take it as being rude, I'm simply pointing out my argument and how your argument simply doesn't make sense.

Calihan, if you have any issues, take it to QSF or PM myself or ThumpyG42 as to not throw this thread increasingly off topic. Thank you.

If I caused a misunderstanding with my last post on this thread, please forgive me b/c what I meant was that I love everything about David Caruso. I am a huge fan of his and don't want everyone to think I have a problem with him when I very obviously don't. So anyone who misinterpreted my post you know what I was trying to say now.

It really wasn't your fault at all, I hope you forgive me for my opinion I really wasnt; trying offend you.

Back