Horatio/DC #15: 'Back To Basics'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Aug 31, 2009.

1. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

So far, she doesn't have much of a personality, so I can't say that I like her. I've always imagined a sort of "opposites attract" relationship for H. Him being so rigid and uptight most of the time, I always thought it'd be nice for him to be with a woman with a lighter attitude to kind of balance him out. Whether Renee will be that kind of girl remains to be seen, and correct me if I'm wrong, but it hasn't been finalized that Natasha Henstridge will remain for that story arc.

In regards to his new injury, please please please let them have H laid up and out of action for awhile. When Reid on Criminal Minds got shot in the leg, he was in recovery for much of the season. And I really hope Alexx Woods is the one to stitch him up. They have such a lovely rapport together, and being old friends I wouldn't trust anyone else but her to save his life if it came to that.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  2. Raveyn Zayra

Raveyn Zayra Witness

...Ehh. In the semi-immortal words of Balthier, "I'm afraid the jury's still out on that one." What I mean is that I'm rather neutral on the Horatio/Renee relationship. If they do make them a couple, my only hope would be that they don't kill her off. If they don't, well then...*shrug*

As for Horatio's injury, there's no way they can have him up and walking around after a GSW to the abdomen...but, this is CSI: Miami we're talking about. The writers' track record in the "being realistic" department has been spotty, at best.

In either case, I'm gonna take the "wait and see" approach...or, in this case, the "wait impatiently for spoilers" approach. :lol:

One thing I do know: with the NFL in lockdown, we don't need to worry about those pesky football overruns...well, that's providing they don't reach a deal before 9/25.

3. greatfan

greatfan Captain

That probably had more to do with the fact that the actor,Matthew Gray Gubler, was actually injured.

4. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Should H have a romance, Renee or anyone else? My view - and I'm well aware people may disagree - is a definite no. I see that man as 'married' to the job. His loyalties and even love are for his team, and not much further. His sense of honour makes him take care of his family (when the need arises). Even worse, I think a girlfriend/wife is going to weaken his character and his commitment to what he does, and what he is. Divided loyalties etc. No, leave him alone - dedicated, a loner, maybe a damaged and lonely man. But that IS Horatio. (My opinion!!)

5. gsugirl

gsugirl Victim

You are on the money with your assessment! You are correct about the essence of Horatio!

6. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

Thanks for your responses ladies. I for one am excited about the prospect of a new romance for Horatio. I feel he has been lonely too long and needs an escape from the job, especially after seeing him go through such anguish in the last season.
    As of now, Natasha is confirmed to appear in the season 10 premiere, and she is scheduled to come back for several more episode. She does have a role on a CW show, but according to Barry O'Brien, it shouldn't interfere with her playing Renee on CSI Miami.

7. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

Quick question... Has anyone heard Horatio say the f-bomb? i have and it's funny. I melt when i hear it

8. Raveyn Zayra

Raveyn Zayra Witness

Horatio? No. Caruso? Yes.

9. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

it's funny and i have a lot of DC stuff

10. fanilowchick

Well of course he can't say the F-Bomb as Horatio, lol. But I have seen him say it in other roles.

11. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

I love when David swears and has anyone got a David Caruso mouse mat?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
  12. fanilowchick

I have one with pictures from Vegas and Miami. Not the same :(

13. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

14. fanilowchick

Very nice. So how long have you been a David Caruso fan?

15. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

Yup bought it off a shop on Ebay and been a fan of David Caruso since season 3 of CSI:Miami well tbh it was the ep with Vegas when i first saw David Caruso and since then till now and i have DC pics above my bed