Horatio/DC#14: Even heroes have the right to bleed

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Lucy, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjszud

mjszud Captain

That promo bluff with Horatio was ridiculous, but it did have me worried they were going back to the "dark" crud, so if that was their goal then I guess it worked. :rolleyes:

I enjoyed the scene with H & the dying officer. It was sweet, & I didn't think it was wierd at all. It actually reminded me alot of when Speed died & H leaning over him talking to him the same way he did with this officer. He hates losing them to the bad guys. I think he feels like they win when this happens, & it's just getting to him more & more every time he has to sit with another dying victim, especially when it's one of his own. The guy has had to see it more than anyone else on that team. In all honesty, if it had been any other character (from the team) kissing the head of this dying person, I'd say it was completely out of character & too "off", but I thought it was very fitting for H.

TPTB keep trying to tell us that he's darker, yet I'm seeing it the opposite in a way. He seems very sensitive, & has shown more physical emotion than ever before - holding the victims, hugging them, kissing thier head (were those tears I saw?!). I can't recall seeing him this way in the earlier seasons, at least as far as physical emotion is concerned, & I don't consider that "darker". :confused:

I coudn't agree more. I actually had to giggle with his expression when she kissed that guy. He had that "WTF/I wasn't expecting that" look on his face. :lol:
    But then yes, the closing of the rescue was cheapened & it made me go "that's it?!!" If anyone has any kind of theory as to why we're seeing so much tension between them, please share, 'cause I'm completely lost on that one. :wtf:

And sadly, I have to totally agree. These two do not look like the two leads of this show. I couldn't imagine this kind of scene with Gil/Cath or Mac/Stella. :shifty:
    At first I gave myself a laugh by imagining that inside H's brain he was thinking "get over it, chick, Im tired of all your drama!" - ok, well, I guess that's just what *I* was thinking.:p Anywhoo, while I enjoy H's reactions to the victims, I can't say I'm too pleased with how he reacts to his team & loved ones here lately. This is the part that I just don't "get"!
    Why is he so distant from THEM - of all people?!!

At this point, that's about all I can boil this down to, but I won't speculate or stir things up any further. All I can say is that I hope next season we see the drama arcs favor the other characters for a change, & then perhaps we'd see more comforting Horatio/team scenes. ;)

2. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

:lol::lol: I thought the same thing as you did about Horatio wanting to tell her to suck it up and deal. Especially the way he walked away from her.

That's why I'd really like to see Ryan, Natalia and Frank take center stage next season. Horatio can offer comfort freely, without any behind the scene issues. I'd love to see Frank and Horatio working through a personal problem of Frank's. Those two are so good together.

So is Horatio and Natalia and Horatio and Ryan.

Season 8 just has to bee Horatio re-bonding with his team and with Kyle. He's already found his way back to the victim - it's time to find his way back to his team. :)

3. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Well said. :thumbsup: I just hope they don't decide to further keep him distant & then just wrap it up closer to the end of the series - I want it back NOW, & personally I think the show badly needs the team dynamics to return & we can't very well have that with H being distant.
    One of my alltime favorite moments is at the end of 'open water' when H is looking on at his team with the sappy "I need your love" playing in the background. It was slightly cheesy but it spoke so much for H & the team. It's painfully sad to see the way they are now. I miss it :(

4. mjszud

mjszud Captain

**bumpin' bumpin'**

He does have very beautiful blue eyes. ;)

5. Remke79

Remke79 Witness

sorry i saw not the threat , was hide good :lol:

6. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

I said something like this in that other thread and will just agree with this as it sums up my feelings about Horatio. To be honest I don't know why he would suddenly be so distant. I could understand if he was affected by a personal tragedy but he hasn't had any on the show save for Marisol's death which came off weak (In fact I think that whole subplot was weak because it was rushed) Had they spent more time working on that it would be a good reason for H to suddenly become icy

7. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Very happy to see this thread come back to life! I hope that some interesting discussions keep it thriving.

Unfortunately David is avoiding the spotlight right now, so it's difficult to find new information about him.

But there is certainly enough about Horatio and his past to keep a conversation going. :)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
  8. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

I just watched a rerun of "Losing Face." I know I've said it a billion times, but I miss the old Horatio. It's startling how much he's changed over the seasons. He was so quirky and even funny back in S1 and S2. Not to mention that sometimes he was wrong about things.

In "Losing Face," I loved the scene where Horatio tells the bomb lady not to let the woman go because the scene might not be cleared. He makes some observation about a clown but is totally wrong. The bomb lady gives him an exasperated look and he makes this goofy face that says "uh...guess I was wrong."

I really hope they at least attempt to bring that Horatio back. I know we will never truly see him again, but it would be nice if he could pop in for a scene here or there.

9. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

Well said, MaddyAnn. Watching these reruns from Season 1 brings a nostalgia for the Horatio of then.

In Season 7 I did detect a few glimpses of the past Horatio. We can only hope Season 8 brings more of the same.

10. Remke79

Remke79 Witness

who has seen him in NYPD Blue? i have S1, its a shame/mistake he wanted out the serie and wants to make movies:brickwall:

he was just to hot to handle, sometimes he was naked:drool:and smiles a lot , his eyes were looking at you.

11. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

:)
    Most of David's fans have seen NYPD Blue. I don't think he feels it was a mistake to leave the show. He's better for the experience than never to have tried.

12. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Absolutely agreed. :thumbsup: I also agree with Inthewind, that we've seen glimpses of him here & there the last season, & tptb badly need to show more of that!!

*holds head in shame* I haven't. I wasn't into cop shows then. I did however catch this movie on HBO, or Cinemax, or something - it was David Caruso, so I just had to watch it (I believe it was filmed in 1992?)
    Again, Im terrible cause I can't remember the title off hand, but it was really good. He played a detective, & his friend's wife was this psycho dominatrix-type freak who DC's character was trying to protect. Mercy, I wasn't expecting the details they showed in that movie - just thought it was the average cop movie! :lol: All the same, it was good, & David was fun to watch in it - for some reason I just got the biggest kick everytime "f*ck", & "s*it" came out of his mouth. Nice little make-out scene I wasn't expecting either. ;)

13. Remke79

Remke79 Witness

yeah ok, but he could wait 3 y and then making movies.

i could'n find the threat becaus, i had the threat options to reed back to 2 months instead of a year:guffaw: i figger that out today

14. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I miss him too, MaddyAnn. He has changed quite a bit. He's withdrawn and distant - and not just from outsiders. He's that way with his own team. Rather than appear approachable, as a hero that you would reach out to, he appears ominous and cold at times.

That's not the compassionate, caring Horatio from the first two seasons.

Call me an eternal optimist, but I haven't given up hope! I'm still thinking that we will see that Horatio again. ;) It's possible for him to come back to that caring person full time.

Like Inthewind, I saw several hints of that Horatio last season. That, along with David's comments about getting back to where it all started has given me reason to hope.

Kyle could help to make it happen under the right circumstances. And a strong, unselfish, caring woman could go a long way towards bringing him back to where he used to be. He's never had a woman like that in his life. It would be really interesting to see Horatio interact with a woman who is his equal for a change. Someone like Belle from "Dead Woman Walking", or Stella from CSI NY. I really thought that Horatio and Stella clicked.

I have indeed seen NYPD Blue and David was amazing. And again I agree with Inthewind. I don't think David feels he made a mistake by leaving NYPD Blue. From every experience we learn something. David learned a lot from that decision and so did we. We learned that he has a tremendous strength of character and personal courage.

My respect for David as a person grew immensely as he dealt with the ramifications of that decision for many years after.

That's why I get a little crunchy when people don't take the time to get their facts straight, or simply keep rehashing the same or lies and rumors to bash him. It gets old. :rolleyes:

15. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

am currently watching NYPDBlue for first time on DVD and love watching it from this perspective of being a DC/CSIM fan..can't wait to see how Horatio's character grows this season-will more bad things happen to him or some good things for a change...the more suffering/pain carves into his face I just think the more he appreciates the joy/happiness that can fill the void...Kyle and his team should fit that bill now..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.