Horatio/DC#14: Even heroes have the right to bleed

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Lucy, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

While I can understand this bargaining tool angle (in that it does make sense in the context of that scene), I think Corey was also trying to appease the fans a little with this explanation.

2. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

^ With all this awful Miami scripts the last two years Mr. Miller have to work more hard over how to appease the fans. I`m wonder what explanation he can give about the most silly H open line 'As cold as ice'. :rolleyes: Poor H is so so out of character and when I hear 'I have lost everything' part first I get angry and after this just start to laugh so much. I so hate when some character say only strong and powerful words without any backup of sensible action or motive. Sorry but all of this stay fake to me. TPTB fully suffer from lack of create ideas . For my regret the last Mr. Miller interview only prove that Miami will never be like S 1-3. We only will have new Dirty Harry version. No thanks.

3. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

:devil: :devil:
    I'm in total agreement with Lucy and Pusher.

:eek: :eek:
    The "I've lost everything" line makes me cringe each time I hear it. I still can't believe David would let it ride; so unnatural for him or as Horatio. And I think Miller's excuse/explanation is lame.
    The "cold as ice" redefines cheesy. While I sometimes like the one-liners, other times not so much, this one is way over-the-top. Also a cringer (is that a word?)

And, add to those, the "I'll be your memory" line. Ugh! Ugh!

4. ilh214

ilh214 Pathologist

I didn't like the "i've lost everything" line either but i'm guessing i'd say whatever i had to if someone had a gun on me. he's lost a lot but definately not everything. it sounds like they do/write whatever they want and then if the fans aren't happpy they try to justify it after the fact.

the "I'll be your memory" line is the worst line ever. i can't even watch it, i change the channel during that part.

5. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Coroner

yeah i agree those lines were uh yeah very cheesy and out of character.....the writers deffinatly need new and better material before we lose the whole essence that is CSI: Miami.

6. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Agreed with Pusher and Luce.

That line had absolutely no substance and I'm sorry that David had to say the line -- though he probably approved of it immensely. (He did afterall forward the Horatio/Marisol storyline) He's really into getting Horatio to seem like the unsung hero, the Dirty Harry of Miami and the Superman all at the same time.

That line sounded so set up compared to a lot of his other lines. "You don't know what it's like to lose everything" "I've lost everything." :rolleyes: That should have been one scene reserved for the cutting room floor, in my opinion. Absolutely useless. Especially since he hasn't lost everything, like was said above. I don't consider Marisol everything he had.

7. _Hush_

_Hush_ Winchester Inc.

So, I was looking for H/Y caps, but then I ran across this:

[​IMG]

Just thought I had to share ;)

8. EyeHeartH

EyeHeartH CSI Level One

Yep I agree, especially now that Yelina and Ray Jr. have moved back. Therefore, Super H has no more excuses as to why he's not in their lives again. Everything he considered sacred is back into his life, so if he were to be smart and not let them slip through his fingers again, he would play a more active role in their lives, wouldn't you think? But noooo...that would be too easy.

Lovely lovely picture _Hush_. The essence of the beloved Horatio of yore perfectly captured in that screencap...so mysterious and unassuming.

9. Patricia

Patricia Lab Technician

I do too. But he could've said another thing instead of what he did, which is, for me, clearly not true. He has lost a lot but definitely not everything.

_Hush_ awesome picture!!! :D

10. horatiosangel

horatiosangel Lab Technician

Very nice pic, Hush... soooo sexy!!! :D

I have to say that the cheesy one liners at the beginning of each episode are really starting to make me cringe... :rolleyes:... it's gotten to the point that I'll deliberately miss the first 5 minutes of the show, just so I don't have to hear H utter such complete nonsense...YUCK!!! :p Although it is pretty funny to see the weekly recap on Talk Soup on E... :lol::lol::lol:

At least we still have the DC movies and NYPD Blue to drool over ladies...and we will always have S1-3 to remember fondly, even if the rest goes down the toilet... :)

On that note, here is a little pic of the old H we all know and love to reflect on...
    [​IMG]...Ahhh, H in his labcoat... :eek: :eek: :eek:

And...
    [​IMG]...John Kelly...could this guy be any hotter??? I don't think so... :devil::devil::devil:

TGIF Ladies!!! :D:devil:

11. Patricia

Patricia Lab Technician

I don't think so either!! :devil:
    Thank you for the pics horatiosangel!!

The other day I watch John Kelly playing basketball..it was so good! :D

12. EyeHeartH

EyeHeartH CSI Level One

The episode was "Personal Foul"...I have it on my iPod :D I loved that PAL shirt he was wearing...

PAL!!!

Does anyone remember the episode "Rockin' Robin" from season one? Toward the end he's helping Robin with the tricky seat belt and they share a kiss after her hand accidentally graces his chin...god I wish there were more men like John Kelly out there!!!

All from a seatbelt :D

I would have put the picture of them actually kissing, but I don't know if kissing pictures are appropriate even if they have their clothes on, which they did. Regardless, big ups to davidcaruso.org.

**EDIT**
    Hooollllyyy crap...found some good John Kelly ones...

Two badasses: Kelly and Sipowicz

WOW :eek:

13. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Coroner

:eek: are you TRYING to kill me?! geez!!! so many pics of the sexy man!!!!! :eek: Wow!!!! love love love them all!!!! :D

14. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Exactly! And what's the silly man doing?

And what did tptb have to do? Add to his family with a son. I hope Yelina and Ray Jr don't get swept under the rug in favor of Kyle. I really hope the 2 storylines can merge, it'll be interesting to see.

15. EyeHeartH

EyeHeartH CSI Level One

Gosh, he's always been a complicated puzzle, but to take it this far and say he has nothing left after the Dynamic Duo (and I mean that in the best way) come back from Rio? I cry foul on the part of Super H!!!

I would love to see how the Dynamic Duo and Kyle will act around each other. Maybe Ray Jr. is still looking for friends after "Hell Night". Geez, if Yelina and Ray Jr. are given the shaft this season, I shall be royally pissed, because now's the best time to bring back the H-checking-up-on-the-Dynamic-Duo's-well-being scenes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.