Horatio/DC # 13: Missing: The 'Real' H. Please Return ASAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Horatio/DC#13: Missing The 'Real' H. Please Return ASAP!

You mean "Going Under" not "Throwing Heat"!

I'm fifth for the hugging line!

;)Tuesday morning musings:

:cool:We all comment (ad nausaum) that we'd love to see the "old Horatio" and see more romance and more interaction with his team, and more HIM. All true. :cool:

:pHas anyone ever mentioned that it's more than likely DC himself who prefers the character keep others, especially the romantic(?) entanglements, at arms length. The closest he's ever come to any personal contact (other than with Calleigh in Lost Son) is with Suzie; that hardly qualifies as a romantic moment. :p

:(And, worse now, we don't even get the occasional personal interaction with team. Seems we're moving in the wrong direction.

:confused:Hmmmmm! As I said, just my Tuesday morning musings. Anyone else have any similar thoughts? :confused:

The closest he's ever come to any personal contact (other than with Calleigh in Lost Son) is with Suzie

u think so ?!

if we talk for H hugs - yep he did that in Lost Son re try to comfort Call, coz of Seed death - great boss i respect his attitude/understanding to his employee. And in epi 'Nothing to Lose' when Suzzy come to ask money for Maddy treatment in hospital - what more can do man then to hug so worried mom of sick kid. But if we talk for hug + H personal contact/emotion the best example that i had see in all S 1-5 is the last scene in epi '10-7'. H hug Yelina before let her go in Brazill with his bro... aww a lot peoples in this thread admit that H almost cry in the end... Also to me come and one more personal contact that H had, what about Rebecca Nevins. We don`t see often H to talk with someone openly. in the end of epi 'After the Fall' H at last in her presence explain his 'guilt' re Speed shoot... Maybe H had to talk more with Yelina (for who he have strong feeling and long past - re in 'Simple man' she was introduce like H new love interesting ) for Speed death or what ever he want, but theirs history is too complex and they had heavy emotional baggage. So in the end i think that S 1-3 H don`t have problems with 'personal contact'. And like u, i too want the 'old' H back. The only one closest personal contact or romantic that don`t work for my is the nightmare Aerosol and the whole new S 4-5 Rob H ...

Agree with what you said Pusher. The only positive thing s4 shown is how bad or rather emotionless and distant H has become in Y's absence. Ok excpet for in 'Collision' with that kid Danny.

The closest he's ever come to any personal contact (other than with Calleigh in Lost Son) is with Suzie; that hardly qualifies as a romantic moment.
I also beg to differ. ;) Body Count, Big Brother, the uncut version of Nothing To Lose, After The fall and 10-7 all contain personal contact moments involving Horatio, some of which Pusher mentioned. :)

There are, of course, a couple of Marisol scenes in Season 4 too, but I have tried to filter those from my memory!

We're all entitled to our own opinion, so I won't belabor the point, except to say that I was NOT referring to the acting or the writing. Yes, much personal dynamics over the 5 seasons (admittedly, more in S 1-3) between Horatio & other characters. And, of course, there have been many nuances indicating off screen relationships.

However, there has been no personal invasion of H's space by any other character (emotional scenes aplenty, yes) and lots of hand-holding; very few hugs (Yelina's hug was initiated by her, not him).

All of those exceptions mentioned above refer to emotional contact, not physical contact. I simply mentioned that, while I certainly enjoy the emotional contact it seems to be a preference of DC to remain physically aloof in most instances. I'm not complaining, firming believing that often the understated emotional connection far outweighs the blatant impact of the physical contact.

(Does anyone really doubt who's idea it was to play out the Horatio/Marisol scenario as it was done?)

To each his own.

Body Count, Big Brother, the uncut version of Nothing To Lose, After The fall and 10-7 all contain personal contact moments involving Horatio, some of which Pusher mentioned. :)
Ah, good times indeed. All fabulous episodes, with wonderful personal moments. Thanks much Steve Maeda. Your influence will live long in the memory. :D

All of those exceptions mentioned above refer to emotional contact, not physical contact.
Maybe there's some misinterpretation here - and forgive me if I have the wrong end of the stick, but, in all of the episodes Lucy mentioned, there is physical contact between H and Yelina or H and Rebecca.

Hunter said:

Again, the ONLY words running through my head were Sexy Jedi and Obi-Wan and Lightsaber. Really. :lol: This is like every episode with me! There's something Horatio says or does that makes me picture him being a Jedi in Star Wars. Weird i know. :lol:

A little strange, yes...but we still love you Hunter ;)

I could kinda see that too. But I swear I will die laughing if H comes out with a "May the Force..." ***puts sunglasses on*** "...be with you." ***H darts off-screen*** :lol:

And before we start a riot in the "hug line" ladies, everybody calm down. You'll all get your turn. (After Hunter and I are done with him, that is). :devil:

Hey, who said i wasn't done? *grabs DC* I'm at the front of the line, doesn't mean i can't hold you off too! :lol: Nah JK, but let's hope DC will get happier with all of these wonderful hugs. *hauls DC to solitary room* :devil: ;)

now i have these funny little scenes in my head of a group of women following DC around wearing all black, ray bans and ear pieces. "ladies, he's got the sad puppy dog eyes...lora you're up, horatiosangel and need4speed, you two flank him. i want hugs, cooing and encouraging words. make me proud girls!"

:lol: :lol: god, i need to get a life...

ilh214 said:
now i have these funny little scenes in my head of a group of women following DC around wearing all black, ray bans and ear pieces. "ladies, he's got the sad puppy dog eyes...lora you're up, horatiosangel and need4speed, you two flank him. i want hugs, cooing and encouraging words. make me proud girls!"

:lol: :lol: god, i need to get a life...
ROTFL!! I'll take the rear. :devil:

inthewind said:
;)Tuesday morning musings:

:cool:We all comment (ad nausaum) that we'd love to see the "old Horatio" and see more romance and more interaction with his team, and more HIM. All true. :cool:

:pHas anyone ever mentioned that it's more than likely DC himself who prefers the character keep others, especially the romantic(?) entanglements, at arms length. The closest he's ever come to any personal contact (other than with Calleigh in Lost Son) is with Suzie; that hardly qualifies as a romantic moment. :p

:(And, worse now, we don't even get the occasional personal interaction with team. Seems we're moving in the wrong direction.

:confused:Hmmmmm! As I said, just my Tuesday morning musings. Anyone else have any similar thoughts? :confused:

This makes sense but we can still dream.... :D

Body Count is on tomorrow!!!! i have dish network but it's on Sleuth, if anyone is interested, who has dish. I'm so watchin it!!!!!!

On the subject of interviews, did you guys read the article from April 9 TV Guide? I loved it and his son is the cutest thing! But what he says about the series ending is kind of morbid! Does DC really forsee Horatio dying at the end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back