Horatio/DC #12: Miami Never Closes. Neither Does This Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Horatio/DC #12: Miami Never Closes. Neither Does This Th

I'm not entirely sure that Yelina leaving for Brazil with Raymond made her 'happy' as such. You only need to look at the orchestration of the scene at the end of '10-7'. Yelina really did not want to let go of H. She reluctantly did so because she had no choice. Ray Jnr had already gone running into his father's arms and Yelina knew she had to go with them as wife and mother. As Yelina walks across the tarmac, she glances back at H and remarks that she doesn't know what to say to Ray. The way in which she hugs Ray is also quite different from the way she hugged Horatio (loved the way she buried her face into his shoulder - sigh).

However, it is absoultely true to say that H almost always puts others first, and he believed that he had to reunite his family without question. Regardless of his own happiness and feelings, he did the honourable thing. He was left a broken man, but his self-sacrificial nature is such that he would have felt he had no other option.

EDIT: For those of you who are interested in news concerning the return of Yelina, there is info posted in the Miami Spoiler Lab and the H/Y thread in Shipper Central. :D

Lucy said:
I'm not entirely sure that Yelina leaving for Brazil with Raymond made her 'happy' as such. You only need to look at the orchestration of the scene at the end of '10-7'. Yelina really did not want to let go of H. She reluctantly did so because she had no choice. Ray Jnr had already gone running into his father's arms and Yelina knew she had to go with them as wife and mother. As Yelina walks across the tarmac, she glances back at H and remarks that she doesn't know what to say to Ray. The way in which she hugs Ray is also quite different from the way she hugged Horatio (loved the way she buried her face into his shoulder - sigh).

However, it is absoultely true to say that H almost always puts others first, and he believed that he had to reunite his family without question. Regardless of his own happiness and feelings, he did the honourable thing. He was left a broken man, but his self-sacrificial nature is such that he would have felt he had no other option.

Sorry for such a big quote but I agree entirely with what you said Luce , thanks for voicing my thoughts. My take on 'Blood Brother's is slightly different. I thought H implied that if Y wasn't already his brother's girl he would have acted on his attraction for her. But we've probably discussed the conversation between H and Y in 'Blood Brothers' like a million times at the H/Y thread already so I shan't repeat myself here. :lol:

Lucy
You got me thinking about that situation, how Yelina acted differently in front of Raymond than she did with H. I watched 'Blood Brothers' again, and H says something to the effect of 'If you hadn't met Raymond first...', which to me says that she would have easily picked H, which translated to that uneasiness on the tarmac. I always thought that she was in shock seeing Raymond alive (as she was always curious as to why H kept pulling out Raymond's file), thus stating that she wouldn't know what to say, but then I went back to the 'Blood Brothers' scene and it looks pretty clear to me that she would rather have had H go with her. But the question I ask now is: it seems as if H would have met Yelina before her and Raymond married, so why didn't Yelina at least take the initiative and go to H? H wouldn't have done it because, going back to the whole selfless thing, he would rather have seen Raymond happy, even at his own emotional expense. It could have been they were already engaged, but as we don't know for sure their relationship status when she met H, it's hard to tell.

how Yelina acted differently in front of Raymond than she did with H. I watched 'Blood Brothers' again, and H says something to the effect of 'If you hadn't met Raymond first...', which to me says that she would have easily picked H,

True. She wanted both of them really, then went to Raymond. He died, now she's following her heart (does that sound cheesy?) and she's trying to hook up with H. She just can't get enough of the Caine bloodline can she?

She just can't get enough of the Caine bloodline can she?

I think that could be said about quite a few of us in this thread! :lol:

Yeah. But i wonder how Ray Jr. is taking that. Like, he's a smart kid, and he can so see the his uncle and mom are, like, hanging ou with each other more. And how they look at each other. Does Ray think it's weird? I would, my uncle with my mom? It'll be a bit awkward.

Hunter
No, it's not cheesy, for that's what I told my radio show co-host a few days ago :D
I feel bad for both of them, in a sense. She has feelings for H but he has that block in his conscience. I think he feels that he would be betraying his brother if he acted on his feelings.

Yeah, because he has had opportunities to act upon his feelings but never taken them!

EYEHEARTH:
in the season box dvds theres these special features with an interview of yelina saying that before she even met raymond she alredy liked horatio but he was too slow and didnt want to admit that he liked her for some reason she didnt discuss and then she went out with rymond and got married even though she still had feelings for horatio. in the interview she kept repeating how there was always a history between H and Y even before CSI Miami started according to the character and script description of the show or somethin like that

Hunter
Yeah, I have a radio show and the girl I referred to is my co-host. Sorry if I confused you (did I?)

csi_pinoy
I haven't viewed the special features on any of my DVDs yet (I know, what's wrong with me?). I guess I should get to watching those :D
Now I feel bad for Yelina, although she has good taste in that she prefers the sensitive types (who doesn't?)

yup it is the season 1 dvd box set. however i dont think the other dvd box sets actually have interviews and such more like the producers talking and stuff so yeah the season 1 special features is definitely interesting u should watch it EYEHEARTH and everyone else

My take on 'Blood Brother's is slightly different. I thought H implied that if Y wasn't already his brother's girl he would have acted on his attraction for her.
That's my take on it too. It implies that when H met Yelina, Raymond and Yelina were already a couple. It would seem that there was definitely an attraction between H and Y, but there's no way H would have acted on these feelings out of loyalty to his brother. It's quite possible that H repressed any kind of emotions he was feeling in order to not give Yelina any signals that might tempt her to pursue him. So Yelina just got on with her life and married Ray.

In the Season 1 extras, Sofia Milos explains how there is a personal history between her and Horatio that goes back to before she married Ray. She explains how H didn't act on his feelings and she maybe found out too late (she was already with Ray by then). When Ray 'died', they became aware of these feelings once again and she explains how this 'wonderful' man is there on many levels for her.

It is indeed H's deep conscience and guilt issues that have prevented him from acting on his feelings. As EyeHeartH said, if he got involved with Yelina, he would feel a sense of disloyalty to Ray (even though, in the cold light of day, with him being dead, this is misguided). The question really is whether he will ever overcome this self imposed barrier? Time will tell, but I imagine that the writers will continue to develop this storyarc, even if it lasts the duration of the show. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back